Options
124»

Replies

• tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you go to the ymca they have a daycare? Looks fun! lol

yes... its free with membership. :)

they have everything there to do, that you can imagine, as well.
  • Libramark
    Options
    Weighted hula hoop or you can dance.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I always work out at home. I have an elliptical and DVD's and weights. I down load a lot of videos from Netflix so I am never bored.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There are some great dvd's that are around $10 or less

Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" or 30 Day Shred. I like Ripped better, but lots of people love the Shred

Elaine Barrett - Yogini and Super Sculpt - These are a lot harder than they look and they really help you burn fat and build muscle while staying calm and centered.

There are a bunch from Gold's Gym too. My Walmart carries them for around $6.00

Good Luck and enjoy!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    The Library is Perfect for you!!!
    The Library is full of work out DVD's...FREE and you can get a variety so you don't get bored! Also, you can have the kiddos get some books that give them fun new reads while you work out!

In our area the local community center has low-cost fitness classes (bellydancing, Zumba, yoga, step aerobics, etc..) - so depending on where you're at that's an option.

Netflix is a good option, or just peruse youtube and see what type of exercise videos you would be interested in.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    so i have 3 young children and no sitter so the hym honestly is not an option... does anyone know a good workout routine i can do at home with limited resources?

I would definitely try Wal-mart, Target, or Amazon.com for a few workout DVDs that interest you. You may even want to pick up some dumbbells to add resistance. Other ideas: YouTube at-home exercises, turn on music and dance for a set amount of time, buy a jump-rope, or check out Pinterest (the "Fitness" section) for posts about quick and challenging at-home workouts that include things like burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, etc.

Best wishes :)
  • sbaquera
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. I love workout DVDs and the Wii, but playing outside with children is free and fun. We play tag, frisbee, kickball, dodgeball (depending on age:wink: ), walk around and find new places to go...the park...tons of things to do to exercise with limited funds. At the park you can use the monkey bars, do pull-ups chin ups and so forth. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    If you have cable tv there are usually on-demand channels that have workouts on them. Also, go for a walk and take the kids with you! Make it a family activity ;)
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    Check out body weight exercises. Mark Lauren created "You are your own gym" and you can find vids with exercises examples. This guy trains special forces so he knows his stuff. No weights or gym equipment required!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkLauren2?ob=video-mustangbase
    http://www.marklauren.com/
  • sspetter
    sspetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ivi25....that is so generous and kind of you!!!! What a lovely thing to do!