Is anyone finding it hard to eat all the daily calories?

Options
123457»

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I average 700-800 cals eaten per day ...period ! I can't imagine eating the ones I burn unless I turn to junk food ..I am not gonna eat a chocolate bar with no nutrition to get them ... I eat til I feel satisfied. I was too excited that I got over 1000 when I recorded a couple nights ago ...and then I had to have a pudding cup and a few almonds to get it ... Some people just don't have a big apetite....I know I end up with a lower metabolism from taking in so few ..but what can ya do ? I have lost 16 pounds since Dec 28th so I don't think it's harming me too much in the fat loss dpt.

so you're eating 700-800 calories a day, and then NOT eating back your exercise calories?! How many calories are you netting? how is your body supposed to fuel itself on such a tiny amount of food?!

Good grief people, you don't need to beat your body into submission - its not the enemy. Eat enough to have a moderate deficit, drink water and shake your butt at least 5 times a week. You have to fuel your body to get the results you want!!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    awesome response!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I average 700-800 cals eaten per day ...period ! I can't imagine eating the ones I burn unless I turn to junk food ..I am not gonna eat a chocolate bar with no nutrition to get them ... I eat til I feel satisfied. I was too excited that I got over 1000 when I recorded a couple nights ago ...and then I had to have a pudding cup and a few almonds to get it ... Some people just don't have a big apetite....I know I end up with a lower metabolism from taking in so few ..but what can ya do ? I have lost 16 pounds so I don't think it's harming me too much in the fat loss dpt.

I eat about that also and I am by no means starving. I make healthy choices and eat lots of protein and vegetables. If my metabolism is slower the scale has not shown it.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I average 700-800 cals eaten per day ...period ! I can't imagine eating the ones I burn unless I turn to junk food ..I am not gonna eat a chocolate bar with no nutrition to get them ... I eat til I feel satisfied. I was too excited that I got over 1000 when I recorded a couple nights ago ...and then I had to have a pudding cup and a few almonds to get it ... Some people just don't have a big apetite....I know I end up with a lower metabolism from taking in so few ..but what can ya do ? I have lost 16 pounds so I don't think it's harming me too much in the fat loss dpt.

I eat about that also and I am by no means starving. I make healthy choices and eat lots of protein and vegetables. If my metabolism is slower the scale has not shown it.

In time your body will use lean muscle mass as well as fat for energy. Lean muscle mass impacts on your metabolism.

Essentially you will end up having to survive on fewer calories than your peers to maintain your weight. If you can like that, then that's fine.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    In time your body will use lean muscle mass as well as fat for energy. Lean muscle mass impacts on your metabolism.

Essentially you will end up having to survive on fewer calories than your peers to maintain your weight. If you can like that, then that's fine.

But you are forgetting, when they get to goal weight as thin and flabby, they won't need as much muscle to carry around those bodies, because of course fat weight less than muscle! <duck and run>

Also, research is indicating that those with lowered metabolism live longer.
    So they will get really good at all that calorie counting doing it longer, because anything extra eaten in going to be stored for problem days.

Just math-wise, it's a much slower and potentially unsafer way to back into weight loss.
    Really not sure how to find enjoyment out of 5 M & M's, or two bites of pie, or even a really big rabbit salad.