Any ladies 5'6 trying to reach ~ 115lbs mark?

Options

Replies

• FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Yeah, I've already heard/read a lot about the Jillian Michaels DVD's, unfortunately having done fitness DVD's in the past I know I do NOT have the motivation to do them, think it has to do with being at home. I find I have to actually be in the gym to have the motivation to do a really hard workout.
    Know it may seem that I'm already at a low weight but I am 'small boned' and still carrying obvious excess weight around my mid section, bum, hip area. Not lying when I say I've got flab! Desperate to see the results of all my ab work, I can feel it but its still hiding under that last little bit of fat! (will put a current photo up in the next couple of days)
    Been concentrating mainly on cardio, doing strength training about twice a week, abs and push ups on cardio days.

This is how I feel. I am only 5'2" but weigh 112-114. I cant seem to get any lower but have flab and just cant get "happy" until its gone. But if I equated (or whatever word I'm looking for) to a 5'6" person at 115 I would be 95 lbs though.
  • Corinne_Free
    Options
    At 5'6" and only 9 lbs from your goal weight of 115, I am wondering what kind of build you have and whether that is a healthy weight range for you. I am 5'3", 134 lbs (was 142) and trying to get under the 130 mark. On the height/weight charts this makes me obese! I wear a size 4/6 so sometimes weight belies the actual physical condition you are in. I say this because I am very strong and very active, and weigh a LOT for my height. I am guessing you are on the slim side with lean muscle.

My suggestion if you really want to change the way your body looks is to forget about the number on the scale and try to lean out your look instead by increasing reps of light weights, plyometrics, and exercises designed to build lean muscle, not bulk up. Some non-impact suggestions are pilates and vinyasa flow yoga. Someone else mentioned water and eating enough calories. You do not want to put your body into starvation mode or be dehydrated. When your body feels threatened it will then hold on to all the fat and water you put into it, making weight loss harder, not easier. You are very lucky to be tall and slim. Your goal must be to change your shape in a healthy way through exercise, not just to "lose weight". I think when you start to see your efforts reap results you will quickly forget about that magic number "115" that women seem to be stuck on as an ideal.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I've heard after 5 feet add 5 pounds per inch, so at 5'6" your ideal weight would be 130 lbs. I am 5'6" and the lowest I ever weighed was 124 and anything less I would have looked way too thin. Good luck :)

This is what I've always gone by. So I feel if I could look awesome I would have to be 95 lbs (I'm 5'2" and shoudl be 110) . I just cant see this ever happening for me. :(
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    about there, yep!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Strength training! I can't get over the change it's made to my body. Check my profile picture. I'm only about 2-3# different in weight.

I dipped down to a low weight of about 125# in October, but gained some since going on maintenance, increasing calories & protein, and really working at lifting weights. But in October, I bought jeans in a (US) juniors size 7, and in December had to buy the same brand in a size 5. Last time I went shopping, a size 3 fit.
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" I haven't been 115 since before high school, I have always been muscular so I don't think I will ever get there, but if I can get lean and be healthy then I don't care about the number on the scale. My goal right now is 135, if my fat % is still too high when I reach it I will adjust my goal. Good luck, be healthy!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    I'm 122 as well trying to get down to 115!!! only I'm a lot shorter
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I'm 5'6" and right now I'm 168. I'm trying to get down to 150. 145 would be awesome. I would think 115 would be really low. Those charts put me around 136 as my ideal weight. I'm not trying to start anything here, lord knows theres already enough drama. But, can I ask...are you more petite? What size are you currently? I can wear a 10 in most things. I'm probably on the higher end of normal, as far as body size. I do have a lot of muscle.LOL...right now it's just well padded :-) I was thinking that 150 would be OK. Hmmmm......

I agree with you 100%. I'm 5'6" and I'm hoping for 150. The doctor has requested 130, but I've been to 150 before and most people say I look too thin.
  • LittleGrem
    LittleGrem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I've put a pic of where I am now up on my profile (please excuse my dodgy underwear and Scottish tan!!!) as you can see I am so very nearly there, and definitely (in my opinion) not unhealthily underweight nor do I want to be :) Thank you so much for all your comments and advice x
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this... and her before/after pictures.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She acutally weighs MORE in the pictures where she looks the best/most fit.
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am trying to hit 120 which isn't too far off! I was there 3 years ago but gained some back...any ideas?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I would eventually like to be there, but I've broken my goals into bite-size peices. Right now, I am shooting for 175. Once I get there, I will readjust.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I'm 5'6" and right now I'm 168. I'm trying to get down to 150. 145 would be awesome. I would think 115 would be really low. Those charts put me around 136 as my ideal weight. I'm not trying to start anything here, lord knows theres already enough drama. But, can I ask...are you more petite? What size are you currently? I can wear a 10 in most things. I'm probably on the higher end of normal, as far as body size. I do have a lot of muscle.LOL...right now it's just well padded :-) I was thinking that 150 would be OK. Hmmmm......

I agree with you 100%. I'm 5'6" and I'm hoping for 150. The doctor has requested 130, but I've been to 150 before and most people say I look too thin.

I agree with you guys the loses I will go is 145 with my thick frame I don't think that I would look right at 115.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    5'6, started at 150, currently at 126, trying to get to 120! :D
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I feel that 115 pounds would be waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to skinny..... and not as attractive .. just my opinion :)
  • ChelsieTyler
    Options
    I'm 5'6 I'm currently at 123. Trying to get back down to my normal weight of 110. :smile:
  • MrsWife2011
    Options
    Take a look at this... and her before/after pictures.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She acutally weighs MORE in the pictures where she looks the best/most fit.

Great article very inspiring, Thank you for sharing. I feel better about myself now :happy: Those are the kind of results I want.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I feel that 115 pounds would be waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to skinny..... and not as attractive .. just my opinion :)

This, I would like to be 135, most people now tell me I look fine, I always say clothes hide a lot!
  • MrsWife2011
    Options
    Hey guys, I've put a pic of where I am now up on my profile (please excuse my dodgy underwear and Scottish tan!!!) as you can see I am so very nearly there, and definitely (in my opinion) not unhealthily underweight nor do I want to be :) Thank you so much for all your comments and advice x

You look good, you don't need to lose more, try to build more muscle the more more muscle you have on your frame the more you can eat and the more fat you burn while inactive.
  • flwrgrl99
    Options
    I am with you all. I am 5"6 I started out 7 months ago at my highest weight ever 217 Lbs. Now Thanks to the Micheal Thurmond Diet I have dropped 55Lbs and I am at 160. I am trying to get between 145-150. That would be perfect for me. When I was in high school I got down to 129 Lbs. ( my smallest weight ever) I looked sick and way to thin. My friends and family would make comments to me.. I couldnt imagine being 115LBs.