Any ladies 5'6 trying to reach ~ 115lbs mark?

Options

Replies

• mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would add is that, if you have the small frame that justifies the lower weight, in the long run it may be healthier (and I mean in terms of bone strength, not anything to do with eating) to focus more on losing body fat/gaining muscle/body recomposition rather than just looking at scale weight.

In general, the lower the weight, the less effective calorie restriction is at promoting further loss.

I agree. Take some measurements as well (waist, hips, biceps) and see how they change).
  • jenblwr
    Options
    Wow, I cant even imagine being 115 lbs. I'm 5'6...started out at 162ish and am currently around 135 ish. People at work are commenting how thin I am. I wear a size 5/6 pant. I would like to be between 130 and 133. As long as I'm living a healthy life, I will be happy!

I would love to know how you've done it! I'm 5'6" and 162...I've been exercising/calorie counting for almost a month now and have yet to lose anything - inches or pounds! I want to get down to between 130 and 135 too. Well done!!
  • castle88
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 122lbs too! I don't have a set goal because I don't want to set it too low, I just want to get to a point where I look skinny yet healthy - so I think peoples comments on strength training may be the key. I seem to have hit a plateau, as I always do at the 56kg mark. Can't seem to get below that ever! But I am being pretty useless with getting to the gym. Have you stopped losing at 122lb too? If you figure it out let me know ;)
  • LittleGrem
    LittleGrem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 122lbs too! I don't have a set goal because I don't want to set it too low, I just want to get to a point where I look skinny yet healthy - so I think peoples comments on strength training may be the key. I seem to have hit a plateau, as I always do at the 56kg mark. Can't seem to get below that ever! But I am being pretty useless with getting to the gym. Have you stopped losing at 122lb too? If you figure it out let me know ;)

Yup, totally slowed and seem to always plateau at about the 120-122lbs mark. Only time I've been below this in the past 10 years is a few years ago when I hit 105 on the breakup diet. Didn't even realise I had gotten that thin until I went to give blood and they made me get on the scales as they were unsure I was fit enough to give. It was bad, I wasn't eating at all because I felt so emotionally sick, I was living on coffee and cigarettes, I had the constant shakes and my hair started falling out! Took me ages to get healthy again after that, I had to force myself to eat as I stopped being hungry and actually found it hard to swallow things. After going through that I will never allow myself to under eat again!
    After reading the Staci's story (link earlier in the thread) and others advice think I'm gonna draw up a proper strength routine to do at the gym and start recording my progress instead of just winging it. Think I'll just start off easy with squats, push ups, swiss ball abs work and dumbell work for upper body and arms. Bought a measuring tape today so scales are being put at the back of the cupboard and going to start recording process that way.
    If you want to buddy up, feel free to add me :smile:
  • Shondatingting
    Options
    I think you look great at 122! I agree with the other ladies who suggested just toning instead of losing more weight. I'm 5'6" and I fluctuate btw 110-115 lbs naturally which I feel is too skinny. I have a small frame so I feel like I look like a walking skeleton lol. I'm actually on here to gain weight! I'm trying to go up to 130 because I think it would look better & I won't be underweight anymore. If I get to 130 and still feel small, I'll continue to put on weight and tone until I'm happy. I would caution against losing too much weight without toning because then you start to lose curves and look..well..like me lol a lil skeleton. Good luck though and I hope you find a happy weight! :smile:
  • giselefleur84
    giselefleur84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and trying to stay between 120-125, toning is definately the key. Trying more to change my eating habits and have a healthier mindset about food and exercise. :)
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" @ 147...i think 115 would be way too thin...i'm guessing at your current weight you look good. it's not about the number on the scale, but how you look and feel about yourself. professionally i don't think you need to lose anymore...maybe consider addressing your body composition.
  • ceecee368
    ceecee368 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is to get somewhere around 115 - 125. I think you just have to go with what looks good on your body. For me, I'm worried 115 may be unhealthy skinny, and I'm currently focusing on building muscle, so I may never drop that low.

Good luck!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My suggestion if you really want to change the way your body looks is to forget about the number on the scale and try to lean out your look instead

Ditto to that. You might not need to lose any more pounds, but to increase your muscle instead to get the look you want. And that might actually make the number on the scale go UP, but make the size of your body go DOWN at the same time.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i am 5'6 looking to get down to 110-115. i am currently 121. :3
  • xmeggiefacex
    xmeggiefacex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haha, im trying to be around 115-123..but i have a longer way than you. Still at like 142 /:
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and trying to ge to 115! I'm about 121ish right now....I work out a ton, so I have nice tone, but my body fat percentage is at 23-24%, which I think is too high for the amount I work out. ; ( It could be a genetics, though.....Best of luck, ladies!!
  • janalem
    janalem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7 and am currently trying to get to 135 from 155. I was 115 in High school. I'm now 42 and I'm not sure I could pull off 115 anymore:) Good Luck. Keep to a diet and exercise plan and you will do it:)
  • cahuengarock
    Options
    I'm 5'6" as well. I think when you get around the 120 pound mark it becomes more about toning than what the scale says. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat. At around 120 pounds you shouldn't have much body fat...just need to build muscles. Focus on your measurements more than your weight because otherwise you will become depressed when you gain more muscle but weight more.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    ^ that right there is what I am doing except I notice I have a bit of a tummy at 120, at 117 I am prefect and just toning.
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    At 5'7 here. Aiming for a 120-125 weight goal. (this is what I weight during my early high school years!) I hope that it is achievable in the set time I have (until august) with strict exercise and proper portion control. It is very motivating to see other ladies striving for the same goals, with similar stats! Good luck to you all!
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 113 right now. I lift heavy weights and eat 1800-2000 calories a day. It IS possible to be at. Low weight and be healthy. :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My body would never, ever, EVER get that low. I'm 5ft 6 and 156 pounds. I'm currently in a small top and size 6 pants...I weight a lot...always have...and am muscular. I'm guessing maybe since I wear size 9 1/2-10 shoes I'm big boned? LOL! I could starve myself and be in the throws of anorexia and I'd STILL never been 115.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this... and her before/after pictures.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She acutally weighs MORE in the pictures where she looks the best/most fit.

I love this article!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think I am the same way, "big boned." But, seriously, i think i am. When I was in HS i was muscular and I weighed 180 and was a size 10.