Weight loss pills?

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS THIS IS JUST A QUESTION !!!! What has worked and what hasn't for you guys? and if you never tried it which one would you choose if you could?

Pills simply don't work. Lots of things that might help temporarily but only changing patterns works longer term. Might as well binge and purge as trying some type of diet pill.

and right out of the box you get negative comments. Never ceases to amaze me.

Why do you think that is? It's stupid to think anyone on here, with an OUNCE of intelligent will agree with using a diet pill. It's insulting to everyone here who works their *kitten* off every day to lose weight and it's a huge waste of time. Be "amazed" all you want but you must not pay much attention around here if you really think anyone would have something positive to say about diet pills.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Well Said!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Who are you? NO ONE. you're not better than anyone else so stop judging, thats not for you to do and I never asked for your opinion and I dont know what you're smoking regarding your poo comments but you're insane. The sweet girl who asked about this said NO negative or judgemental comments so go post your own thread.

People are such haters on here..don't mind them :) People who JUDGE others have something obviously going on in their own life, because in my opinion its never our place to Judge. They make ASSUMPTIONS that diet pills are an excuse and a way out and cheaitng ETC ETC well thats not always the case. Of course I'm sure theres a handful of people whoa re lazy and want to resort to everything but putting efffort but thats not everyone.

Seriously? You wear brown pants every day and leave a trail of poo behind you. Do what you want. If you want to take pills that make you leave poo everywhere go ahead. I have light tan seats in my Jeep and that would be a disaster.

Haters or not, but for those people on MFP that take a drug that makes a poo mess, go for it. Just think of your insides on traditional diet drugs...gross. If there was a magic pill obesity would not exist in the US.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS

How about no.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Who are you? NO ONE. you're not better than anyone else so stop judging, thats not for you to do and I never asked for your opinion and I dont know what you're smoking regarding your poo comments but you're insane. The sweet girl who asked about this said NO negative or judgemental comments so go post your own thread.

You're trolling, right? There's no way you can be serious. Saying "no negative comments" preceding a very misinformed, borderline inappropriate post, doesn't thwart negative comments.

Clearly you haven't read ANYTHING about Alli because the "poo" comments are true. If you eat the wrong food on Alli you soil yourself. I don't think anyone here thinks they're better than anyone else but if you're going to lose weight do it right, don't be stupid and take diet pills and then go on a site THAT IS TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE BECOME HEALTHIER VERSIONS OF THEMSELVES and ask about diet pills.

You know the best way to avoid negative comments?
    Don't post.
  • yoli830
    Options
    What is the opinion for the "ultimate fat burner" apparently this product has all natural health ingredients :huh:
    The "ultimate fat burner" is just another caffeine pill scam as are they all.

Except for the ones proven effective like ephedrine, yohimbine, clenbuterol, cytomel, DNP etc etc

Definitely not trying to start an argument, but I am curious. I thought clenbuterol was a steroid they used to give to those with breathing problems that people started using as a performance enhancing drug and now it's banned because of its dangerous side effects. My uncle is a St Louis Cardinals fan and I thought I remember him saying that one of the players was suspended for using clenbuterol maybe a year or two ago because it is considered a PED. And I thought they gave that stuff to cows and horses too. I could be totally wrong with all this, I am just recalling a conversation I had with a couple people about clenbuterol from awhile back. And as a nursing student I know cytomel is a thyroid medication used to treat hypothyroidism. Although weight loss is a side effect that is not its primary use. Neither of those "meds" should ever be used for weight loss, ever unless you are just itching for horrible side effects, and it that case by all means be dumb and take them. I prefer to be alive and a little heavier doing things the right way than skinny and dead. Just saying....
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS THIS IS JUST A QUESTION !!!! What has worked and what hasn't for you guys? and if you never tried it which one would you choose if you could?

Pills simply don't work. Lots of things that might help temporarily but only changing patterns works longer term. Might as well binge and purge as trying some type of diet pill.

and right out of the box you get negative comments. Never ceases to amaze me.

Why do you think that is? It's stupid to think anyone on here, with an OUNCE of intelligent will agree with using a diet pill. It's insulting to everyone here who works their *kitten* off every day to lose weight and it's a huge waste of time. Be "amazed" all you want but you must not pay much attention around here if you really think anyone would have something positive to say about diet pills.

So what your are saying it that I'm an utter moron that I can't loose any weight the natural way? Thanks, I really appreciate that. What's insulting is that you come off thinking that everyone is the same and can loose weight with just exercise and diet. Newsflash! That isn't always the case. You think I didn't try hard enough to loose weight before taking Alli? I tried for 3 friggin years, ate nothing but vegetables and grilled lean meat, and nothing happened. Why? Because I happen to lack some enzymes that help in processing lipids and therefore no weight loss for me. These pills have been helping me tremendously is the last 4 months. Please don't assume to know anything about why I or anyone else for that matter choose to take pills and insult us just because you have the fortune of loosing weight the natural way.

Oh, and by the way, you spelled INTELLIGENCE wrong...
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

So what your are saying it that I'm an utter moron that I can't loose any weight the natural way? Thanks, I really appreciate that. What's insulting is that you come off thinking that everyone is the same and can loose weight with just exercise and diet. Newsflash! That isn't always the case. You think I didn't try hard enough to loose weight before taking Alli? I tried for 3 friggin years, ate nothing but vegetables and grilled lean meat, and nothing happened. Why? Because I happen to lack some enzymes that help in processing lipids and therefore no weight loss for me. These pills have been helping me tremendously is the last 4 months. Please don't assume to know anything about why I or anyone else for that matter choose to take pills and insult us just because you have the fortune of loosing weight the natural way.

First, I didn't say you were a moron who can't lose weight the "natural" way. I said it's ridiculous to come on here and ask about diet pills when this website is about living a healthy lifestyle, not abusing your body or buying into fads. I also didn't say I think everyone is the same, but if you prefer to be defensive instead of take in the wealth of information on this site, go ahead. You're only hurting yourself.

If you happen to "lack some enzymes" GO TO A DOCTOR. Don't come here because no one can help you with that and no one can tell you what diet pill they think your doctor will put you on, that's absurd.

You just sound like you're making excuses. Maybe try logging for a prolonged period of time to see if you truly are eating what you say you are.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

It was a typo. Get over yourself. You don't sound any smarter by correcting a typo. You just look immature.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:
  • Stinalynn121
    Stinalynn121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Several years ago (about 12 years ago LOL) I tried Hydroxcut and had some okay results with it, but it made me jittery....didn't take pills again after that cause I didn't like the feeling they gave me, then decided about 4-5 years ago to give pills a second chance, took Trim-Spa wound up spending the night in the emergency room cause I thought I was dying, sweating profusely and having heart palpitations and only took half the "recommended" dose of it.... So ever since then took me twice, but definitely learned my lesson the 2nd time that none of them are any good.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    Options

First, I didn't say you were a moron who can't lose weight the "natural" way. I said it's ridiculous to come on here and ask about diet pills when this website is about living a healthy lifestyle, not abusing your body or buying into fads. I also didn't say I think everyone is the same, but if you prefer to be defensive instead of take in the wealth of information on this site, go ahead. You're only hurting yourself.

If you happen to "lack some enzymes" GO TO A DOCTOR. Don't come here because no one can help you with that and no one can tell you what diet pill they think your doctor will put you on, that's absurd.

You just sound like you're making excuses. Maybe try logging for a prolonged period of time to see if you truly are eating what you say you are.

Please stop being ridiculous. I've been to doctors, you think this wasn't my first course of action? I'm not stupid to just buy into a fad or anything that is out there. I log in nearly every day and record what I eat, and the only time I've seen success is when being on a healthy diet with this pill. My problem with you is that you are lumping us all in. And yes, you really are. You are essentially calling us stupid for being incapable of loosing weight...like there is only one true path to it.

I agree that there are some people who are looking for just a quick fix, but some of us, really need the extra help. I'm all for healthy lifestyle and holistic approach to better oneself, but like I said it doesn't always work. So just stop
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    What is the opinion for the "ultimate fat burner" apparently this product has all natural health ingredients :huh:
    The "ultimate fat burner" is just another caffeine pill scam as are they all.

Except for the ones proven effective like ephedrine, yohimbine, clenbuterol, cytomel, DNP etc etc

Definitely not trying to start an argument, but I am curious. I thought clenbuterol was a steroid they used to give to those with breathing problems that people started using as a performance enhancing drug and now it's banned because of its dangerous side effects. My uncle is a St Louis Cardinals fan and I thought I remember him saying that one of the players was suspended for using clenbuterol maybe a year or two ago because it is considered a PED. And I thought they gave that stuff to cows and horses too. I could be totally wrong with all this, I am just recalling a conversation I had with a couple people about clenbuterol from awhile back. And as a nursing student I know cytomel is a thyroid medication used to treat hypothyroidism. Although weight loss is a side effect that is not its primary use. Neither of those "meds" should ever be used for weight loss, ever unless you are just itching for horrible side effects, and it that case by all means be dumb and take them. I prefer to be alive and a little heavier doing things the right way than skinny and dead. Just saying....
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
    I am still scratching my head over this, but why should anybody be surprised?
    Drugs work wonders but only for a season.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • mtbiker1069
    mtbiker1069 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I would recommend you go see your doctor at this point. There are certainly some medical reason's why some people can't loose weight and going to see you doctor would certainly be appropriate at that point. Properly prescribed medications under the supervision of a Doctor to handle a chemical imbalance is way different than over the counter pills and supplements so you'd probably get better results at that point... IMO
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    Options

It was a typo. Get over yourself. You don't sound any smarter by correcting a typo. You just look immature.

But you don't by replying to it?

Hello pot....
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

Please stop being ridiculous. I've been to doctors, you think this wasn't my first course of action? I'm not stupid to just buy into a fad or anything that is out there. I log in nearly every day and record what I eat, and the only time I've seen success is when being on a healthy diet with this pill. My problem with you is that you are lumping us all in. And yes, you really are. You are essentially calling us stupid for being incapable of loosing weight...like there is only one true path to it.

I agree that there are some people who are looking for just a quick fix, but some of us, really need the extra help. I'm all for healthy lifestyle and holistic approach to better oneself, but like I said it doesn't always work. So just stop

If you've been to the doctor then why are you here? What advice will someone here give you that's any more beneficial than what your doctor said?

You sound full of it. No one is going to let you make excuses here. If your doctor is fine with you taking "this diet pill" then why do you need advice on what diet pill to take?
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

But you don't by replying to it?

Hello pot....

It's okay if logic is hard for you to understand.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You do realize part of weight loss is a calorie deficit, so if you have no deficit you have no weight loss..right? A pill won't help that.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Why are so many ppl saying, "I took X" for appetite suppression?

WATER is an appetite suppressant!!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Why are so many ppl saying, "I took X" for appetite suppression?

WATER is an appetite suppressant!!

Logic is not allowed in this discussion Only phen-phen and praise for poor life choices will be permitted.
This discussion has been closed.