Weight loss pills?

Options
Just out of curiosity, PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS THIS IS JUST A QUESTION !!!! What has worked and what hasn't for you guys? and if you never tried it which one would you choose if you could?

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS THIS IS JUST A QUESTION !!!! What has worked and what hasn't for you guys? and if you never tried it which one would you choose if you could?

Pills simply don't work. Lots of things that might help temporarily but only changing patterns works longer term. Might as well binge and purge as trying some type of diet pill.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Nothing has worked. If they worked, would anyone be overweight? Unlikely.
  • sweetqui23
    sweetqui23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Alli works good !!
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Alli works good !!

isn't that supposed to be used in combination WITH a diet and exercise program? And isn't it only recommended for people with some other medical issue like severe high blood pressure or heart problems that limit their cardio abilities?
  • tamgrl78
    Options
    I wouldn't use any of that stuff! It is filled with so many extra toxins that you are only ripping your insides apart. I have been using Herbalife for 5 months now and I love my lifestyle. I am down 26 pounds and 18 1/2 inches. I have gone from a size 22 to 14/16. I have tons of energy, I don't get sick and most of all I can keep up with my kids! This is the best I have felt in years. It is all natural and made up of only food! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :happy:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    EC is quite effective
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use anything. I have in the past and nothing worked. I'm sorry to say it but there's absolutely no miracle pill out there that will make you lose weight. Some may curb your apatite a little but then, once you stop taking it, it is no longer suppressed. Do yourself a favor and save your money. Eat more protein and it will help keep you satisfied longer.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Alli works good !!

Sure, Alli works great! Especially if you have lots of brown pants & undies to keep in your drawer at work, don't mind spending lots of time in the bathroom, and enjoy awkward social situations ("Would you excuse me while I run to the... oh, man, not again... ").

:noway:
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I wouldn't use any of that stuff! It is filled with so many extra toxins that you are only ripping your insides apart. I have been using Herbalife for 5 months now and I love my lifestyle. I am down 26 pounds and 18 1/2 inches. I have gone from a size 22 to 14/16. I have tons of energy, I don't get sick and most of all I can keep up with my kids! This is the best I have felt in years. It is all natural and made up of only food! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :happy:

herbalife? wow, all the issues with that stuff scared me away long ago. bad enough the founder of the company died in his 40s from "an accidental overdose". How many lawsuits has herbalife settled?

Glad you're doing well with it. But seriously, be wary of the side effects and long term ones.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Usually they're not recommended unless a person is over weight and that in itself poses more health problems then the pill. Not sure which ones work but my sister had one and it definitely worked. She dropped about 40 pounds chucking pure heart attack into her stomach every day. She took the pills several times, gaining all the weight and more back immediately each time she's taken them (she's never been as large as she is now). Some of them have been on the news and tested and proven not to work, but many of those people aren't eating the same things and aren't taking them properly (you need to drink a LOT of water since a lot of them contain certain kinds of fiber that is suppose to help you loose weight). If you look at this link:

http://www.slim9.com/ingredients.php

Many of those ingredients are in diet pills. If you actually do some research you'll see that while many of them come from 'natural' things, they're rather unhealthy (just think about it, there's a reason why caffeine pills are prescription).

There's many 'detox' shakes you can get into as well...once again relying on some specific kind of fiber I can't remember which. Basically, some models just crap themselves skinny. Attractive.

Anyway, that's about all I know about it, the effectiveness depends on how easily you can crap stuff out, and you already look like a model, no need for pills :)
  • shannonmelek
    shannonmelek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Usually they're not recommended unless a person is over weight and that in itself poses more health problems then the pill. Not sure which ones work but my sister had one and it definitely worked. She dropped about 40 pounds chucking pure heart attack into her stomach every day. She took the pills several times, gaining all the weight and more back immediately each time she's taken them (she's never been as large as she is now). Some of them have been on the news and tested and proven not to work, but many of those people aren't eating the same things and aren't taking them properly (you need to drink a LOT of water since a lot of them contain certain kinds of fiber that is suppose to help you loose weight). If you look at this link:

http://www.slim9.com/ingredients.php

Many of those ingredients are in diet pills. If you actually do some research you'll see that while many of them come from 'natural' things, they're rather unhealthy (just think about it, there's a reason why caffeine pills are prescription).

There's many 'detox' shakes you can get into as well...once again relying on some specific kind of fiber I can't remember which. Basically, some models just crap themselves skinny. Attractive.

Anyway, that's about all I know about it, the effectiveness depends on how easily you can crap stuff out, and you already look like a model, no need for pills :)

Awe your so sweet. yeah i wasnt interested in taking any i was just curious about it lol i defiantly don't want to crap my self lol
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Alli works good !!

THIS! And I have not had a single embarrassing incident (yes, this is possible!)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxycut (original formula, before the controversy of people dying) and I felt like it worked but I was also fairly close to starving myself and felt lightheaded and jittery all the time. When the news hit of someone dying I connected that with my strange/uncomfortable feelings and stopped taking it (although to be fair, me half-starving myself probably didn't help the 'uncomfortable' feelings very much). Now that I'm older and wiser and have found MFP and the relative ease of calorie-counting and exercising, I really wouldn't try anything like that again.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You probably want to post this on Facebook instead of MFP.

MFP is about eating real food and working out to lose or maintain a healthy weight.

You can take your speed (yes most diet pills are basically speed) and...well you know.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    All diet pills are to be used with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Alli works good???

Any pill that requires me to carry around an extra pair of pants due to anal leakage is NOT good for your body.
  • jpmill79
    jpmill79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i took phentermine! it worked awesome! it helped my metabolism, it gave me energy to workout and was a great appetite suppresant! Warning: this pill can become addictive as it makes you feel great....it is to only be used for short-term. i only used it for about 8 weeks as i was aware it could become addictive.........But it gave me the boost to start my weight-loss and i was able to finish losing all on my own.

i then became pregnant and ten months later, here i am taking it again for that initial boost and so far i'm down 8 pounds in 5 weeks, but its not a fix all.......but definitely a motivator
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    If there were such a pill we would all be skinny!
This discussion has been closed.