The Paranormal

Options

Replies

• gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of 'experiences'. I'll share one for now. This happened when I was just 9 or 10 years of age and yet I can still recall this vividly and it gives me the creeps.

The previous house my family lived in, it was quite spacious. The rooms were well separated with hallways in between them. We lived on the ground floor and we had tenants living for a while on the first storey so it wasn't exactly a "quiet" place. However when the tenants moved out, we decided to leave the first floor empty for any future renovations. So it was just me, my mom/dad and my grandfather/grandmother living on the ground floor. That is when the strange stuff started.

Often when I was alone in my room I would hear footsteps from the ceiling. Mostly they were not that easily discernable but once in a while it was almost as if a whole group of children going *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*. Sometimes my mother also heard them, but she shrugged it off saying it must be birds nesting upstairs (I never saw any - and they couldn't make that noise)

We had a room with book shelves and such, and I would often sit there reading all day. It was located adjacent to a large hall and further away from all other rooms. There were just 2 windows, and they were placed such that sunlight couldn't directly cast distinct shadows on the walls of the room. And in the daytime, the windows provided enough light that one could read a book without turning on the lights.

Once in the daytime (it must have been around 3 PM) I was casually reading a book in the room when I remember getting an uneasy 'feeling' that someone was watching me. It was after a few moments I realized that there was a... how do I put it? A HUMAN-LIKE SHADOW ON THE WALL! It was exactly as if a 5"10 person was standing right beside me casting a shadow on the wall right infront of me. And this figure was almost distinct/defined, unlike the blurry shadows that were resulting from indirect and outside sunlight. But there wasn't anyone else in the room.

And I'd been staring straight at the shadow... or whatever it was, for some time. After a while of doing that (where I thought for a moment the climate had suddenly got cooler :laugh: ) I saw it make a gesture as if it was about to walk to another end of the room. And I got me the hell out of the room. Ran as if a dog was after me.

Woke my mother up. But she didn't believe me. No one did. Not that I'd expect them to :tongue:
    We sold that house a long time ago and moved into a apartment. I had two more paranormal-like experiences in the new home though!

I might type them up sometime else.

(And sorry about any grammatical mistakes, english isn't my first language!)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Oooooh I love the paranormal. There's a ghost in my house and she turns lights on, moves my bed, locks doors, screams, walks around up stairs. Actually, lately she's been screwing with us and locking my bathroom door - even when it's unlocked, so yesterday after getting out of the shower I had to tell her to let me out, and low and behold, the door opened up.

I think she gets mad when my fiancé is out of town for work as that's when most of the things happen. I don't even sleep in my room when no one is home, I invite my 17 year old cousin over.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    That's pretty creepy!

When I was about 12 years old, I was with my family in southern Mexico in a village far away from the city. We stayed at this house that was like the only house within a 400m radius. It was like a jungle there almost. XD pretty rural.

Anyway it was dark and time to sleep but there wasn't any space for me inside the house, so I had to sleep alone in my moms jeep. I remember lying in the back seats of the jeep, which was parked pretty far from the house near a field, and I was just looking out the window. It was pretty dark but only one bright white street light in a field behind the car. Wasnt very sleepy and was just listening to the occasional toads croaking, owls, etc while I was trying to sleep. Suddenly, while looking out the window, I see a human-like figure looking through the window. At the same time I saw this figure, it seemed like all the wild-life went crazy: dogs began to bark crazily, toads croaking, birds of all types crying, donkeys doing that sound they do, foot steps around the keep. The thing I saw had a very pale face, and it didn't seem to have any eyes. Or maybe it did have eyes but they were black.

I was so scared, I was kind of pretending to sleep while that thing just stared into the jeep. I would slightly open my eye to see if that thing was still staring at me occasionally and every time I did, it was there. It seemed to be smiling.

After like an hour or two of being panicky and hoping that thing to go away, the noises stopped and I opened my eyes again and didn't see it there anymore. I was a bit relieved but then 5-10 minutes later that thing peeked again and at the same time all those same noises went off again. So I shut My eyes again but this time I fell asleep while that thing was out there. XD

I would have had a panic attack while simultaneously sh*tting my pants.
  • a_robinson86
    a_robinson86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's pretty creepy!

When I was about 12 years old, I was with my family in southern Mexico in a village far away from the city. We stayed at this house that was like the only house within a 400m radius. It was like a jungle there almost. XD pretty rural.

Anyway it was dark and time to sleep but there wasn't any space for me inside the house, so I had to sleep alone in my moms jeep. I remember lying in the back seats of the jeep, which was parked pretty far from the house near a field, and I was just looking out the window. It was pretty dark but only one bright white street light in a field behind the car. Wasnt very sleepy and was just listening to the occasional toads croaking, owls, etc while I was trying to sleep. Suddenly, while looking out the window, I see a human-like figure looking through the window. At the same time I saw this figure, it seemed like all the wild-life went crazy: dogs began to bark crazily, toads croaking, birds of all types crying, donkeys doing that sound they do, foot steps around the keep. The thing I saw had a very pale face, and it didn't seem to have any eyes. Or maybe it did have eyes but they were black.

I was so scared, I was kind of pretending to sleep while that thing just stared into the jeep. I would slightly open my eye to see if that thing was still staring at me occasionally and every time I did, it was there. It seemed to be smiling.

After like an hour or two of being panicky and hoping that thing to go away, the noises stopped and I opened my eyes again and didn't see it there anymore. I was a bit relieved but then 5-10 minutes later that thing peeked again and at the same time all those same noises went off again. So I shut My eyes again but this time I fell asleep while that thing was out there. XD

I would have had a panic attack while simultaneously sh*tting my pants.

I have to agree this is the story that has scared me the most so far! f*ing creepy!!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Going to check these out later :)
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bum[p
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure i have a ghost of some sort in my kitchen of all places, when I moved in there almost 4 years ago, I have this little door/closet in my kitchen and i put my trash barrel in there out of the way, well it was one of those trash barrels that came with the lid that swung open from the top, well I would open the door and the lid would be swinging back and forth like some one threw something away, so at first I thought it was when you would open the door to the closet, the force of the wind when it was opened, NOPE I would stop it from swinging close the door and open it really fast and the lid would not move so I got rid of the lid, I got a little weired out but my ghost is a nice one, also my microwave, has the nobs instead of buttons, I alway keep it on one setting HIGH well I would go to heat something up and the knob would be turned to DEFROST all the time at the oposite end of the settings. I aslo have a stero near my kitchen, it turns on at the same time every night and every day, I thought it was programmed to come on but it will click 3 or 4 times and NO SOUND it happens at 3 am and 11 am,

Also I have a 2 yr old and a cat who will go into the kitchen and the baby will stare at the stove and babble to her self and ignor me if I say something to her, and then the cat goes crazy really like she is chasing something around the room, mind you i look to see what she is chasing maybe a moth or something, NOPE not even dust paticals I can see, But I think the baby see's ger grandfathers, My step dad passed away 4 yrs ago so he never met her, and my boyfriends father passed away 6 months before the baby was born, so I think it is one of them she talks too.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people will think I am absolutely crazy.... I've never told anyone this before! I'm not mental I promise lol

When I'm really tired and I'm falling asleep, and I'm just there on the edge of sleep, I hear loads of different voices talking at once, I love when it happens, I hear the most random things. I've always assumed it's just my mind being so tired that it's pre-dreaming but one time I heard a woman's voice that said really loudly "Can you contact my son" and I jolted awake. Ever since then I'm a bit scared of it happening!

I've been to 2 seperate psychics and both of them told me I am psychic

Another couple of times, weird things happened to me in my house, I make novelty cakes as a business and was in the house alone one night months and months ago doing a cake, felt something brush along my thigh slowly, I didn't flinch for a second because I subconsciously thought it was one of my kittens but when I realised they were locked in the back room I just ran up my stairs and locked myself in my bedroom. I never told my fiance, then about 3 weeks ago he was doing the wii fit, and I was standing a bit away from him watching him, and he jumped and said 'STOP!' and I hadn't gone near him, but he said something had rubbed up against his thigh..... Only then I told him what happened to me, we were really freaked out lol

xx
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I've seen things from the corner of my eye or heard strange voices that shouldn't be there. Nothing that I couldn't shrug off because I made myself believe it was due to a lack of sleep. I believe in spirits, ghosts, demons, and all of that stuff. It interests me a great deal, but also scares the crap out of me, lol. I don't even know what I'd do if I actually came face to face with an entity..how spooky!

I'll probably read the creepy replies on this post and not be able to sleep tonight, haha.

lol I'm so glad you typed this! I feel EXACTLY the same way!!!!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think this is what happens to me, I am fascinated reading it as I never thought to google it before, wow

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/spirituality-consciousness-awareness/18481-hearing-voices-just-i-am-falling-asleep.html
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've had several things happen that were odd but there are 3 that are just downright strange. The first thing happenned when I was about 15. My friend and I were playing with a weegie board in my room. I'm pretty sure neither of us was pushing the thing, we were barely touching it. We asked it a series of questions and it answered them. All of a sudden we heard laughing, not happy laughing but like an eerie laugh. At that moment we thought it was coming from my window so we ran outside to see if anyone was out there. We didn't see anyone and we were home alone. When we got back to my room we continued to ask it questions and then I asked it "how do we know your really here?" and it responded "I laughed". Needless to say we put that thing back in the box and I have never played again.

The second thing occured when I didn't live there anymore but my father still did. I began handling my dads finances from the moment my mom passed away. One day I stopped by the house to write out some checks. The phone rang and I answered it, it was someone calling to confirm a doctors appt. They said is this so and so, I said yes, they said I'm calling to remind you of your drs appt on such date with dr. so and so. I replied I don't have any doctor by that name. Then she said your so and so right and I said yes and then she said and your date of birth is ______. I said no thats my mothers date of birth (we have the same name) so she says ok then tell your mother she has an appt. At this point I was beyond freaked out, I replied I would but my mother died 15 years ago. The woman was beyond confused, she had no idea how that appt was scheduled then.

And then lastly of course in the same house. My husband and I were staying in my old room for a few months because the builders fell behind on the house we were building. One night I wake up in the middle of the night and my husband was waving his hand over me almost like in a swooshing movement. I said what are you doing, he said you don't see it, its over you. He jumped out of the bed and turned on the light. There was nothing there, I said what did you see and he said I saw a black figure hovering over you. I said you were probably dreaming, he said no I was not dreaming, I was very much awake and till this day he swears he saw what he saw.
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was younger... Woke up in bed and saw a man standing in the corner looking at me, I was frozen and could not move. I just sat up a bit and didn't take my eyes off him and our eyes were locked. I then quickly reached over to turn on the light and boom he was gone. I walked around the room and didn't sleep much the rest of the night. It wasnt paranormal, I think it was a vivid dream that I was between sleep and awake, still dreaming but awake. I don't believe in ghost or the paranormal.

My friends always did and would always want to go to creepy places like old run down churches. I was always the first to go in and never heard all the things they were claiming to hear lol I am too logical for that type of thing. I once found an old barn in the middle of the woods(was weird because it must have been old, no roads or anything just woods all around in the moonlight) while exploring at night and it was creepy as hell but I went in alone and I heard something weird (don't know what it was) but I just sat there for awhile listening haha
  • darthbambi
    Options
    Ugh, guess who won't be able to sleep tonight :/.

When I was younger, I'd sometimes wake up at night and hear things/see things moving through the room/feel something falling on my bed/lights flying at me. Turns out it was just sleep paralysis/hypnagogic hallucinations, which aren't even an uncommon phenomenon. Still pretty creepy!
  • kellybug123
    Options
    bump....I haven't had anything happen to me, but I like reading all the stories. :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I have participated in several investigations with an legit organization. Most memorable for me was in a house that was home to a very burtal murder (4 victims were children) My cousin (who is part of the group) and I had our hands resting on the edge of a crib...and the crib shook violently for no reason. Another person wittnessed this from across the room and about peed his pants...yet no video or audio caught it, other than our reactions. Later I tried to "recreate" what happened, to try to see if it was something we did...nothing could compare.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thread! Don't let it die <3 I'll post another story (asked family for more) after I get caught up reading these :P
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    I won't let it die! I haven't read so many yet either because I've been busy and I don't want to read them while i'm in bed hahaha :P have to do it this arvo :) I've got some more stories I need to add
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    Well, I wont be getting much sleep tonight! The story about Mexico. Uncle AJ and the demonic face in the mirror. Those 2 did it for me.

*Keeps on reading other replies*
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i used to play with a ouija board all the time. my friends and i would get demonic about it.. one night we got black candles and put upside down crosses in each corner. we were talking to an entity and asked him to show himself. right then all our candles went out and the door slammed. we were pretty excited, so we talked to him more, he told us his other name was satan blah blah blah.. so i guess he gets bored with us and left. we were all hyped up about it. we stay up watching scary movies and finally went to bed.

at 4am my mom sits up in bed screaming because she said she saw a face right on top of her. my dad gets up and looks around the room, comes down stairs to us and asks if we've seen anything. so things calm down everyone goes back to sleep, in the morning my friends left, nothing out of the norm.

the next night my mom again, wakes up screaming, this time she said something was sitting on her and that woke her up and then the face was right in her face again. for the next 2 years, on a regular basis she would wake up screaming... freaked my dad out...

so did we unleash something demonic, or did my mom just have night terrors?

the screaming stopped when i did a cleansing of the room with a friennd of mine.. we burned sage and held hands and asked the entity to leave ... no more terrors after that.... i dont know what actually happened, but i've been woken up by my moms screaming and its pretty scary...