Worst Actor Ever?

Options
yesiamaduck
yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
Now, who do you feel is the worst actor... the one guy that always sucks away any charm, dynamics and atmosphere from the scene dry.

Talking about The Cable Guy on the Favourite Films Of All Time thread made me think of a clear contender

MATT BRODERICK!

My God he's so bland! Not to forget he is responsible for this scene which is one of the worst acted scenes I've ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YPvXZR1Mbz4#t=549s

PS, only people who have made a career out of acting please

Replies

• musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ricky Gervais!!! Sorry duck I know you're english but I can't stand him!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    D: I love Ricky lol... well Megan Fox can't act for pickles. Bah!

Oh and Vin Diesal as he sounds like he's burping everytime he speaks
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    Jim Carrey.....so NOT funny..............
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

MATT BRODERICK!

But he's Ferris Bueller!! May your soul rot in hell for that one :tongue:

I'll nominate Andie McDowell... Just awful. She's in some pretty good films and a decent director can sometimes use her wooden-ness for good effect but my god she's awful!!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    every actors thats appeared in any horror film. oh and ben afleck :)
  • psiren28
    Options
    Jim Carrey.....so NOT funny..............

I don't find Jim Carrey funny but he can act when he does a serious role. I loved him in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, he was brilliant.
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I disagree with Andie and Jim and Ben affleck. The horror film one ehh some of them are pretty bad lol.
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    me..... hahahahahahahaha.

anyone in the uk spot me in prisoners wives this week, sure they'd agree hahahaha
  • psiren28
    Options
    Oh and that chick from the Twilight movies. Awful!! Why does she have to do that little sigh thing before every line? So annoying!
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    vincent price was amazing lol
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but I don't like Ryan Reynolds.. He's very good looking and everything but I just don't like him. Lol!

I agree with Ricky Gervais too! He annoys me.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Matthew Broderick was great in Brighton Rock. I think 'bland' might be code for 'understated' in his case?

The most wooden actor ever was probably Dolf Lundgren. I remember someone describing his acting style as being rather like 'animated leather'. And the ever annoying Andie MacDowell in Four Weddings would take some beating in the bad actress stakes. The scene near the end where she says 'Is it raining? I hadn't noticed' has to be one of the most cringeworthy deliveries of all time!
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    The ENTIRE cast of Twilight minus Dakota Fanning
    They couldn't act to save their lives!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Agreed, goodness the acting is so bad :/
  • yesiamaduck
    Options
    Ricky Gervais!!! Sorry duck I know you're english but I can't stand him!

He can/could only play the unlikable guy... thats because he's unlikable... for what it's worth he's excellent in The Office but everything else I really couldn't give two tits.

PS Jim Carrey may not be funny to you be he's not a bad actor! COME ON! Think harder and you'll probably come up with BAD actors like Kevin Cosner... y'know the ones that cannot EMOTE
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Tom Hanks - always play the same character ... Tom Hanks
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options

He's a good actor...
  • yesiamaduck
    Options
    Matthew Broderick was great in Brighton Rock. I think 'bland' might be code for 'understated' in his case?

The most wooden actor ever was probably Dolf Lundgren. I remember someone describing his acting style as being rather like 'animated leather'. And the ever annoying Andie MacDowell in Four Weddings would take some beating in the bad actress stakes. The scene near the end where she says 'Is it raining? I hadn't noticed' has to be one of the most cringeworthy deliveries of all time!

He was in Brighton Rock? He wasn't from what I recall!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Go and see "Girlfriend". Jackson Rathbone is the next Johnny Depp.

Is that why he got two Oscars, then? His recent roles are quite similar, but the others like the guy in "Philadelphia" and "Forrest Gump" were completely different. I would agree that his best roles were when he was younger, but he's a stellar actor.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Keanu Reeves!

Every single freaking movie he says, "Woah."