What food/drink is JUST not worth it

Options
During my journey to better myself...I have always kept the mindset of everything in moderation, and it has worked very well for me. I shed weight, kept it off and am back now to lose baby weight. Along the way though...there are items I have come across that for me...it doesn't matter how much I could justify it, it's just gross and NOT EVEN WORTH the calories or the work to enjoy it...I have 2

1. Milestones Belini...at almost 400 calories for 1 drink...doesn't matter, I'll never even enjoy it!
2. Dairy Queen triple chocolate blizzard...710 calories for a SMALL!!!!! I mean, kudo's to DQ for having such an honest nutritional calculator but....it's made me never ever want to enjoy that treat EVER again!!!!

Anyone else???

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about almost any calorie-bearing drink (i.e. soda, juice, alcohol, sweetened iced teas) with the exception of almond milk, nonfat milk or coffee.

I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Pork Belly Strips.

Typically id have the 500g packet. With Rice.

Then i find out its 320 cals per 100g, without the rice....that was a dark day... :(
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Ice cream. It usually just makes me sick anyway.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Nutty Bars!!! I used to LOVE them. Would eat at a couple a week (years ago). Then I realized how many calories - like 500 I think.
    I ate one a few months ago and it didn't taste as good. Not worth it!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper. I loooove it (Dr. Pepper is practically a religion here!) but the sugar makes me crash and gives me a headache, and I don't do artificial sweeteners, so I just have to say no. My hubby still drinks it, so it is always in the house, but it doesn't even tempt me any more. Although sometimes the thpight of a nice cold Sonic fountain Dr. Pepper almost gets the better of me!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Anything fried in KFC. That place grosses me out. I love chicken and I love it grilled! They totally screw up the chicken and according to me it doesnt even taste nice. Calories....well I don't even want to know how many there are in an individual portion.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Taco Bell. I know I wouldn't be able to get a "diet" item from their menu so I just don't bother. Before, trying to sober up from a night of partying, I'd order so much food, I'd sometimes throw it away because I couldn't even finish it. Horrifying. On a "totally drunk, I need carbs" kind of night, I'd have a two steak chalupa supremes, a grilled steak burrito, nachos and cheese, and a caramel empanada. Washing it all down with a raspberry tea.

Calorie break-down;

Chalupa Supreme - Steak 340 (x2)
    Grilled Stuff Burrito - Steak 820
    Nachos and Cheese - 280
    Caramel Empanada - 310
    Lipton Raspberry Tea - 400

Totals - 2490.

It's NOT worth it. I'm glad I'm over it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Any drink that has calories, except for milk.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Oh my god, taco bell empanadas. *dies*

I just saw they put those back on the menu here. I wasn't there for me. The S/O wanted a burrito. I resisted the urge but I've seriously been thinking about it for days. Those things are beyond tasty.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Much of fast food tends to not be worth it....because usually they make the items so crappy that it makes you wish you didn't even bother. Sometimes it's worth it though :bigsmile:
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Regular Pop, Juice, Calorie-full cocktails, Slushies
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is anything that I could honestly say "never" to, but for me it's definitely desserts. Wasting so many calories on sugar or chocolate makes absolutely no sense when I could have wine instead. :drinker:
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    POP is not worth it.
    CHIPS are not worth it.
    CHOCOLATE BARS are not worth it.
    Any kind of sweet drink are definately NOT worth it.
    PREMADE SALAD DRESSING'S are not worth it.
    MCDONALDS CHEESEBURGERS are not worth it
    WENDYS cheeseburgers are NOT worth it.
    ANY DRIVE THROUGH!!!! is NOT worth it.
    FULL FAT CHEESE is not longer worth it.
    (SAD FACE) Bread is NO LONGER WORTH IT!!!

And that concludes the list of things that for me, ARE NO LONGER WORTH IT.

What is WORTH it is ME!
  • Chsayer
    Chsayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anything fried in KFC. That place grosses me out. I love chicken and I love it grilled! They totally screw up the chicken and according to me it doesnt even taste nice. Calories....well I don't even want to know how many there are in an individual portion.

The grilled chicken actually is not bad (calorie wise) but that depends on your weight. For me, I still get a healthy portion and stay within my calories.
  • Chsayer
    Chsayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pastries! I love any pastry! We had doughnuts in the office today, just the smell of them almost made me throw all my goals out the window. But resist I did!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    right now i have to go day by day on this one, still learning.. but today i made these meatsa pizzas for the schools and oh they looked so good and smelled so good and i was hungry but i did not want to choose that item to add to my calorie count.( and i walked by it like ten times)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, pie. I've actually had a chicken and mushroom pie tonight as I'm ill and not caring about what I eat until I'm better, but that's the one thing I don't really touch usually.

Other junk food I still enjoy in moderation, but pies are SO many calories for what you get, and they can't be enjoyed without chips so by the time you've got a worthwhile meal for the day it's all you can eat! At least pizza can be enjoyed on its own!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Pizza (I think I reached my lifetime limit of pizza because of college-same with beer!)
    bagels with cream cheese
    store bought salad dressings- I'm happy with plain balsamic vinegar.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are the biggest caloric anti-bargain--one rectangle is 200 calories. Costco muffins are also crazy high for what they are--700 calories is insane. Chips are probably not worth it but I forget that once in a while.
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    Krispy Kreme Donuts. I might have one on occasion, but really there are 12 grams of fat in ONE.