What food/drink is JUST not worth it

Options

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    For me....I do everything in moderation..from soda to chips. This weekend..making donut muffins and home made pretzels...going to eat both of those..not to mention the choc chip cookie/double stuft oreos/ topped with brownie monstrosity..

We are all foodies..including the kids..so I will eat stuff..cause life is too short...moderation is the key. We are going to San Fran to celebrate my oldest birthday (Sweet 16) ..and I plan to stuff my face...but then you think of all the walking we will do..Besides eating for birthdays and stuff..are all negative calories anyways.. (LOL)
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    POP is not worth it.
    CHIPS are not worth it.
    CHOCOLATE BARS are not worth it.
    Any kind of sweet drink are definately NOT worth it.
    PREMADE SALAD DRESSING'S are not worth it.
    MCDONALDS CHEESEBURGERS are not worth it
    WENDYS cheeseburgers are NOT worth it.
    ANY DRIVE THROUGH!!!! is NOT worth it.
    FULL FAT CHEESE is not longer worth it.
    (SAD FACE) Bread is NO LONGER WORTH IT!!!

And that concludes the list of things that for me, ARE NO LONGER WORTH IT.

What is WORTH it is ME!

LOVE IT! GO JamieGirl!
  • feb06momma
    Options
    Starbucks frappucinos with all the extra stuff....just full of sugar and it makes my tummy feel awful!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme Donuts. I might have one on occasion, but really there are 12 grams of fat in ONE.
    Pro tip: Fat doesn't make you fat.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Kraft Mac N Cheese....about fell over when I read one serving (1 cup) was 400 calories prepared.

Pizza is my great love and I've found out you actually can have both a low calorie and healthy pizza. We had one a couple weeks ago, whole grain pizza dough, low cal marinara, boat loat of veggies, some chicken and very little low fat mozzarella. It was great!
  • killagb
    Options
    Kraft Mac N Cheese....about fell over when I read one serving (1 cup) was 400 calories prepared.

Pizza is my great love and I've found out you actually can have both a low calorie and healthy pizza. We had one a couple weeks ago, whole grain pizza dough, low cal marinara, boat loat of veggies, some chicken and very little low fat mozzarella. It was great!
    Ok yeah...Kraft Mac n Cheese I would say is my not worth it thing....I usually can put away the whole box and that's around 1000 cals the way I prepare it...when I can go to Trader Joe's and get their reduced guilt Mac n Cheese which is very good...and it's only 300ish cals.
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Any drink with calories. They are not worth and don't taste as good as they used to anyway.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    French fries don't really taste that good to me anymore because the grease& calories are just too much. I'd punish some home made sweet potato fries though :bigsmile:

A lot of baked goods (especially store-bought), muffins, empty carbs and super cheesy delicious pizza are all things that makes me want to go overboard so I just avoid them most of the time.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    any of the sweet coffee drinks from many of the fast food/ coffee shops. I used to live on them in college. Black coffee just tastes best to me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ate regularly that I decided was not worth it was Pop Tarts. I only ate them for convenience, and once I realized that a serving size was one tart... screw that. Two chocolate cupcakes are less calories and more satisfying than two tarts.
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    @killagb
    Oh, I know, but I can't help being shocked by that :)
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about almost any calorie-bearing drink (i.e. soda, juice, alcohol, sweetened iced teas) with the exception of almond milk, nonfat milk or coffee.

I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

I'm the exact same way! I essentially don't drink anything with calories in it other than alcohol when I go out once a week at the most, and then I refuse to get anything but vodka water or vodka diet. If I'm just going to happy hour where I"m just going to have a drink or two anyway, I'd rather just have my diet coke.

So funny story related to this topic, yesterday someone brought those store bought mini muffins into work. I grabbed two and figured I'd eat them instead of the breakfast I brought, and it wouldn't do too much damage since they're so small. I knew they were around 100 calories each and that was fine. Well, I eat one and then go to change my diary on here to reflect the muffins, and find that ONE mini muffin literally has 20 grams of fat! I mean, something that is the size of a lollipop...I promptly threw the second muffin away. I would have literally already met the limit for my fat for the day just based on two tiny muffins!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Mt. Dew - used to love, love, love the stuff.....but it has never loved me back :(
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Poptarts, chips, soft drinks.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts - They taste like stale, chemically pastry crust with old, half-dried jam in the middle. I have never understood the love.

Boxed Mac & Cheese - That stuff offends my tastebuds. Homemade, baked mac & cheese on the other hand - that is worth the splurge.

Also, pretty much all fruit juices. I'd rather have the real fruit. I may use a tablespoon or two of juice to thin out a smoothie, but a large glass of orange juice - no thanks.
  • killagb
    Options
    @killagb
    Oh, I know, but I can't help being shocked by that :)
    Well..they are fried in fat after all..lol :smile:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha's (Grande), love them but not worth it at 470 each :(
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew. I drank it all the time and now I can't stand the through of any soda pop. I had half a can the other day of grape soda and couldn't even finish it. I kept burping and it made me sick. Plus, it is what accounted for most of my weight gain.
  • killagb
    Options
    Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha's (Grande), love them but not worth it at 470 each :(
    Try out the new skinny mochas! It's not white chocolate....but you can get a venti for 180 cals :drinker:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Try out the new skinny mochas! It's not white chocolate....but you can get a venti for 180 cals :drinker:

Thanks for the suggestion but it's just not the same :( I'm so "on track" these days i'd feel guilty drinking 180 worth of calories