What food/drink is JUST not worth it

Options

Replies

• naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lays Sour Cream & Onion or Cheddar & Sour Cream potato chips. I can not have them anywhere in my sight, because I will eat a whole bag within a matter of 2 days!

Love them, but not worth it!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    French fries. I was shoced by how many cals are in a small.
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    The President Choice Decadent chocolate chip cookies I just ate. Now I feel like crap. If one must cheat with a cookie, they should be homemade.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha's (Grande), love them but not worth it at 470 each :(
    Try out the new skinny mochas! It's not white chocolate....but you can get a venti for 180 cals :drinker:

Thanks for the suggestion but it's just not the same :( I'm so "on track" these days i'd feel guilty drinking 180 worth of calories
    Ok well grande = 130cals...<shrug> lol I guess it's all in what you want to fit in your day.
  • mbilling
    mbilling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will never be able to enjoy my favorite ice cream mix @ Coldstone again, as I learned the small size has nearly 1200 calories! I mean, I knew it wasn't good for me, but I'd never imagined it hat THAT many calories. It's sad, because it was delicious and a treat I rarely had, but now I would not be able to enjoy it, even if I did have the calories for it. Sometimes ignorance IS bliss.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    I'm amazed how many people eat ready meal, so full of calories, fat and salt...sooo lazy! You can eat twice as much and healthier if you make you own! cook people!
  • 7mariposa
    Options
    Cheers to that!
  • twilightsm
    Options
    Taco Bell. I know I wouldn't be able to get a "diet" item from their menu so I just don't bother. Before, trying to sober up from a night of partying, I'd order so much food, I'd sometimes throw it away because I couldn't even finish it. Horrifying. On a "totally drunk, I need carbs" kind of night, I'd have a two steak chalupa supremes, a grilled steak burrito, nachos and cheese, and a caramel empanada. Washing it all down with a raspberry tea.

Calorie break-down;

Chalupa Supreme - Steak 340 (x2)
    Grilled Stuff Burrito - Steak 820
    Nachos and Cheese - 280
    Caramel Empanada - 310
    Lipton Raspberry Tea - 400

Totals - 2490.

It's NOT worth it. I'm glad I'm over it.

The Chicken burrito isn't bad as far as Taco Bell goes.... so if you need a little pick me up, I'd go with that.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ultra light beers
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    @killagb
    Oh, I know, but I can't help being shocked by that :)
    Well..they are fried in fat after all..lol :smile:

Yep, haha but I just figure I can get my sweet fix without all that :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Badgers. They're calorie negative because you have to spend 2 hours down a hole digging one up, another 20 minutes in a game of fisticuffs and 40 minutes chopping the thing up. Their meat isn't even calorie rich.
  • coquette87
    Options
    For me - just about any alcohol. Between drinking the extra calories and the cost versus every other beverage... Not worth it to me. Same for fruit juice, actually. I'd rather eat the fruit. I will go for a delicious fruit and yogourt smoothie though!
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Cake! I took my little girl to Costa Coffee for a treat. She chose caramel shortbread and wanted me to have a cake too so I picked what I hoped was the least bad - raspberry and almond bake. It tasted nice, not extra nice and was just 4 small bites. When I got home and put into MFP, it was 450 odd calories! I was horrified!
    Definitely NOT worth it!
  • I don't really have any foods that aren't worth it! Mainly because I'm weak and I give in to temptation.

But there ARE some foods that gross me out now. I don't eat takeout pizza (although sometimes I have homemade ones). I don't eat burgers or fries from places like KFC or Burger King, and I don't eat anything MacDonalds anymore!

I've also found that the healthier I eat, the smaller portions of BAD food I consume. Whereas I used to have a great big bowl of ice cream (and being lactose intolerant, this would make me very sick), now I'm content with a tiny bowl and lots of banana with it.

EDIT. I REMEMBERED SOMETHING I REFUSE TO EAT. Spaghetti in a can!!!!!!
    A friend of mine gave me this delicious delicious recipe for Spanish scramble, which is scrambled eggs with canned spaghetti in tomato sauce, with cheese and barbeque sauce and some herbs. Even a bit of ham when you feel like it.
    Then I found out that it was over 1000 calories. Now I have month old cans of spaghetti in my cupboard.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed how many people eat ready meal, so full of calories, fat and salt...sooo lazy! You can eat twice as much and healthier if you make you own! cook people!

:frown: A good suggestion ruined by bad delivery.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    For me pretty much any fastfood, or restaurant food for that matter. :sad: I made a big mistake last Sat. and ate some of that crap and the scale hated me and I hated me more.

Other things not worth it fruit juices, no matter how good they look or taste the amount of sugar and calories isn't worth it to me. Pretty much any dessert, pie, cake, cookie, candy bar, etc. For me it doesn't make sense to waste 200-500 calories on a 'sweet treat' because I think about how many others foods I can eat for that same amount of calories and it's usually a lot more food that just A piece of cake or A candy bar. Ok ... so sometimes I want to say F it and have the cake, candies, cookies and goodies but I know what it feels like to hate myself for it so I pretty much have gone in all or nothing. Much like cold turkey where I just have to say NO to all that stuff entirely ... Not going to lie, it SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS most of the time. :sad:

Plus my lose weight/get healthy journey has been going on about a year and a half and I am very close to my goal weight, so there has been a lot and I mean A LOT of sacrifice. I figure I have to be strict to get there, it was being lax and lenient that caused me to be heavy, so ....
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Figured out last night....French Fries.

The smallest french fry order at McD's is 230 calories...it almost doubled my calories for the meal and didn't do anything at all for my hunger. Thankfully I rarely eat fast food so giving up fries isn't too big of a deal for me.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    long islands.
  • trackerrtom64
    Options
    Fast food french fries. Typically a fast food sandwich is around 500 calories alone, but if you add fries it practically doubles your calories for one meal.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Chinese take out isn't worth it for me. Of course there are healthier options than the fried entrees but I can make steamed rice and veggies at home. The "good" tasting stuff just isn't worth it. If you look up the calories in some of the dishes, you will be shocked! Also potato chips are bad because I can't eat them in moderation. I don't drink my calories either aside from one morning coffee and my Crystal Light. I can usually fit everything else into my plan as a treat, but only if I really have a craving for it. I don't mind some fast food on occasion, I just pick grilled chicken and a side salad from burger places, or Subway.