Anyone around 5'8" has before and after pictures? Here are m

Options

Replies

• smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks GREAT!!
    I am 5'8. My starting weight was 247 I'm down 26 lbs. I want to be back at 160. I have been to 145 once and I looked sick. I'm too big boned. I'll get to 160 and see from there. All your pictures are great motivation! Keep up the great work everyone! You all look amazing!
  • purplelady87
    purplelady87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I am just starting out my journey! I noticed we had the same goals! Im losing weight and I eat well, sometimes it says I am not eating enough calories but in reality I am not hungry I eat enough food to feel full and I never am starving myself. Has this happened to you and did it affect your weight loss?
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", and while I'm not at the 'after' stage yet, I have a before (298) & during (221): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bloodbank/view/progress-pics-8-months-77-lbs-down-121516

The 'during' is from 6+ months ago, but I don't take progress photos (or even hop on the scale!) very often so it's the most recent. :)
  • annamelvyn
    Options
    wow, am really inspired by all your photos here.....I keep on going off and on....but now am determined to keep going...

Thanks ladies...

Well done!!!

Cheers
    Anna
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Wow!!! Everyone looks so great! I just started my journey nearly a month ago at 5'8" and 379 lbs, my GW is 180. I can only hope to look as good as you all when I get there!
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!

Does 5'10" count as "around" 5'8" or am I too tall for this thread?

If it is close enough, here's one of me (294 at my heaviest with 56% body fat, 165 now with 22% body fat):

2193703_5662.jpg
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow you all look SO Great!!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 1/4 and this is a side-by-side from when I was 50lbs down (from 204.8 down to 153)... I'm hoping to eventually get somewhere in the 140s

:flowerforyou: Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!

sidebyside12.jpg

HOLY COW!!! THAT IS AMAZING!! You look so fabulous :) I'm at your start weight now and am 5'9", so you are perfect to see my size at that weight. *shakes head* I just didn't realize it made such a difference. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see I have some fluff, but wonder where the fat is going to disappear from.
  • sporadica
    Options
    I'm at 5'9" and strictly speaking, this is more of a 'during' photo... but I've lost 43kg/95lbs now and am starting to see the end of the tunnel! Eventually I want to get to between 70-75kg (155-165lb) Any lower than that is unrealistic for me, I think, as I have a very large frame. Honest, I'm just big-boned :) Good luck everyone! x
    This is me at the beginning
    23551_362575811581_601711581_4196808_3680097_n.jpg

and me now
    coat1.jpg
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    Looking great!
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    Wow! You look like a different person!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" here ya go
    fatfatfat.jpg
    CindyJanuary272012.jpg

It's people like you who inspire me.

My pictures are in my profile.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". Started at 229 and I'm at 172 now. I walk for my exercise--starting to tone with exercises my trainer ( a friend at work) gave me. I'm computer challenged--so no pics. You look great.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Any success stories on how to avoid that hanging skin after loosing so much weight??

Afraid not.

Here's what my belly used to look like (granted, I was 16 in this pic but it was pretty flat before birthing 3 kids)
    01_age_16-131x300.jpg

Me and my stretched out belly from pregnancy (237 pounds):
    07_preggo_3.jpeg

Me IN CLOTHES now (136 pounds):
    medifast_after-225x300.jpg

And what's leftover of my belly when the clothes come off (NASTY!!!!):
    10_front_down.jpg
    17_front_bent_over.jpg

As you can see, there really is no hope for this belly. I could lose another 20 pounds and be a stick-woman at 115 pounds and I would still be stuck with this skin.

My Tummy Tuck is scheduled for March 1. If you are interested in following my tummy tuck blog, you can find it here: http://mommystummytuck.com

Great job on your success!! I've heard best thing to do is lose slow(you've completed that part already though WELL DONE, again), build muscle and watch the diet closely(by diet I mean foods you consume). I've heard a lot of great things about dry brushing skin. It does leave you with soft tighter skin. There are supplements that are said to help too alfalfa blends of some sore help tighten skin and of course keeping it moisturized. It might take time for some people to see skin bounce back. When I've lost 50 lbs years ago before I had my daughter my skin seemed to stay pretty tight I hope it does so again while I get this weight off for good.

Mostly the dry brushing helps exfoliate dead skin cells so the new ones can get in and repair. I think this is why good strong vitamin intake from whole foods is really going to be a great deal of help.
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all look AMAZING! Good job. I too am 5'8". I started at 202 and am now at 165. I see you gals at this height getting to the 130s-140s and I just don't think that is realistic or doable for me. I've never been under a size 10 in my adult life, I think I just have a "thick" frame. I don't have any after pics! I'll have DH take some this weekend and try to post.

I also had a tummy tuck. I have twins. A twin pregnancy at 38, your body doesn't recover from that. I literally had to roll up my belly skin into my pants. But after the surgery I went on to gain about 20 more lbs. For awhile I was thinking it was a total waste of money, but now that I'm losing weight and feeling better, I'm really glad that I did it! When you get older and your skin loses that elasticity there is really nothing you can do to make it bounce back!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    16118997_1725.jpg

Well this is only two months in, but I am half way to my goal! This is where I am so far. I am 5'8, I started at 228, I am 193 now. I have had 4 kids, 3 via c-section, and now that I am done having children, just trying to get my body back and keep it finally :D
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"! I started at about 145-150 (didn’t like the scale much back then) (pic 1 and 2). At my smallest, I was about 115/116 (pic 3) but everyone kept saying I looked too thin. I’ve gained more than I’ve wanted to and now I’m at about 136/137 and I really want to get back down to 130 (pic 4/5/6/7)

P1110052-1.jpg

oct10007-1.jpg

265481_10150703050690088_734335087_19673777_3278901_o1-1.jpg

284458_10150741617090088_734335087_20164214_5591296_s-1.jpg

Vegas2011309-1.jpg

Jan1811008-1.jpg
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys carry weight so much better than I do! I look so much heavier than you guys at the same weight or less. Guess that is what comes with being so small boned. I am 5'7" and I went from 180lb to 130lb. I weighed 195lb right before I delivered but 15lbs of baby, fluid and placenta came off so easily :wink: . The remaining 50lb was blood, sweat and tears :laugh: The first two pics show me at 168ish to 137lb (wish I had taken "before" pictures earlier when I was 180lb). The bottom bikini picture is me from a week or so ago at 130lb. I still have some loose skin in my lower stomach but I am able to tuck it into my pants and bikini bottoms (if they are high enough) haha.

25-95monthcomparefront.jpg

25-95monthcompareside.jpg

IMG_9529.jpg
  • mashallej
    Options
    I am about the same height and would really like to be about where you are.
    You look great!!! Awesome!!!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' if I stand up straight...unfortunately, I burned all of my "before" pictures when I first started to lose weight

Everyone looks amazing! I love being able to see your transformations!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!