Never realized how many Calories...

Options

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    extra large coffee with cream and sugar sometimes 5-6 times a week for a whopping nearly 1600 calories just for a drink- 260 calories/coffee - that was the end of that - now itsa chai tea latte made with non fat milk 2x a week for 200 calories/week.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My "standard" from Olive Garden, what I ALWAYS got.. the tour of Italy, lasagna, chicken parm, fettuccine alfredo, 1400+ calories... HOLY BLEEP BATMAN. (And that's not counting the salad and breadsticks... 2000 calorie meal right there).
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of apple and orange juice. Never from concentrate, always freshly squeezed so thought it couldn't be too bad for me. I was way wrong! So much sugar!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pork scratchings
    Dry roasted peanuts
    Nachos
    Houmous

Oh the list is endless....
  • hagamivida
    Options
    Kroger tortilla chips. Insanely full of sodium, fat, and calories. That's been the only surprise so far.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, anything and everything. I wasnt a binge eater but I ate large portions and restaurants and fast food every time I got a chance. The day after I started here, I started looking up foods I used to eat and the first one I checked was Tony Roma's rib sampler platter. It was over 2200 calories! And that was just one meal for the day! Before retiring I was a fast food queen. Always McDonalds for breakfast and a different place for lunch! Then if I was working late hours, it would be a call in to a nice restaurant and pick up on my way home or pizza and wings. Good gosh who knows how many calories I was consuming.
  • Jessastar
    Options
    I used to eat Chocolate Glazed Honey Buns and they were 500 calories a piece..
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    20 oz 7/11 cappuccino... 24g fat....
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    (2) rows of oreo's alternately with pretzels.....................still don't know how many calories that is, but don't keep any of that around me any more.

Just TWO Oreos are 100 calories. I ate them the other day. OMG!!!
  • Alcohol....100 cals for a glass of wine...can easily drink a bottle or more in a night without even realising! Doh.
  • Chocolategurl1970
    Options
    Macdonalds mocha frappe medium- 550 calories, 24 fat grams! smh....:sad:
  • lrnpage
    Options
    pizza... i could eat a pizza that was 1000-2000 calories a pizza, i only ever order pizza from a light bites menu now and always without the cheese since i've gone vegan. i've realised pizza on the light bites menu is always around 600-650 calories minus the cheese it's only around 400 calories a pizza, score :D it's just about being smart!

Also pringles, 900 cals a tub and i could go trough 1-2 tubs a day (only bought them once a week but still!) thats 1800 calories in one sitting! i only ever buy the small tubs now so it's around 205 calories a go, it makes such a difference to not buy them in bulk!
  • barbara2873
    Options
    Thats okay, Cracker Barrel's Grandpa's Chicken Fried Breakfast is a whopping 1700 calories!! UGH the white gravy alone is about 750 a cup! When people order it, I think, OMG if you only knew what you were consuming, that is almost twice my daily limit in ONE MEAL! YIKES!! Oh, and the chocolate cake there is about 750 too, just sayin lol
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    old fashioned glazed doughnuts!! 450+ calories each! I'd eat two of them at least once a week! yikes!

seriously??? how the F is that possible. lol
  • lissa0710
    Options
    Timbits from Tim Hortons - you think you are doing better by eating a much smaller version of a full-sized donut, but in actuality, a small pack of ten Timbits can range anywhere from 600 - 900 calories depending on the type you get.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Moe's thinking it was "healthy" and Jersey Mike's Subs also thinking I was being healthy....a lot of calories! OH and Chai Latte from Starbucks!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I know that was my son's favorite and now I know why he gained so much weight!
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    How many of us have gone to an Italian restaurant that had those yummy breadsticks, and finished the bowl and asked for more? I just found out today after eating one with my salad before looking it up. Holy Schnikes! 170 calories EACH! And I used to eat 3 or 4 with dinner. Got me off my butt and dancing tonight so I could have enough calories for dinner.

I am shocked about them breadsticks I'm never gonna eat one again.... Ok maybe just one
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    McAlister's Deli sugar cookie- just one is 400 calories!!
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had a muffin today and only realized after I was done eating how bad it was. 420 for a small chocolate chip muffin.