Never realized how many Calories...

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    a whole thing of cookie dough, raw.... almost 2000 calories.
  • watchmemove
    Options
    Entire bags of cereal. Yikes!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    White chocolate, macadamia nut cookies from Costco. My FAVORITE! 220 calories EACH! And I could eat a whole handful of them at a time...

12961250.png
    Buy one of my books, now on Kindle! - [url=http://www.jimwcoleman.com[/url]
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Same here, and raisins. I bought them quickly at the store thinking hmmm raisins and cranberries, they must be good for you. The calories and sugar are crazy. I hate when you eat something thinking it's kind of healthy and then you think holy moly, almost like you are unknowingly sabotaging yourself because you didn't think to pay attention to the nutrition info on the bag. I still eat them but I am down to counting them out and even then I am not sure if the cal/sugar calculations are right. For example the other morning I had 5 craisins and 5 raisins on my oatmeal. Yea, whoopie! :laugh:

This was in reply to K2Polo
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oreo shake from Jack in the Box +1500 calories!!!!!! Going in I knew it wasn't good for me but I wasn't thinking 1500 calories bad!
  • personalaah7
    Options
    Tortilla chips! I just love them with Salsa, but I would eat like half a bag! Ugh, I found out they are soo high! Now, I op for a small bowl of the baked ones! Also, cookies. I would eat 3-4 choco chips easy, which is like 500 cals or so! I'm surprised I'm not bigger than I am!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! My portions were totally out of control!
    ^^This.

At my worst I would eat a whole 18" deep pan pizza over the space of an hour or so. With the toppings easily over 4000 calories. I would order a half-litre pot of ice cream for dessert too - and finish it. Thankfully it wasn't more than once per week. Totally unnecessary.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Now, I didn't eat this ALL the time, but...

Outback Steakhouse Awesome Blossom....It's a giant onion ring made with the entire onion. That's THOUSANDS of calories!
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Casey's Sausage Pizza as of this week!

Had an oops...friend and I share lunches. She brought in pizza from Casey's. Thankfully I only ate one piece, because when I went to log it is when I found out ONE SLICE has OVER 400 calories EACH! :explode: Absolutely ruined my day!

Also thankfully, I had already planned on hitting the gym. I think I was still over by a little that day but not as bad as it would have been.

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RuffLoser
    RuffLoser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A combo of potato chips and chocolate rose buds(Nelson brand) were my fav. I would start with a large bag of chips and eat until I didn't want any more. Never measured the calories but I am sure it would be far above my daily allowance...and I would do this in the evenings, after I had already had my day's worth of calories. CRAZY. And the sodium content was enough to make me swell up like a balloon...Again...CRAZY
  • Grumbletron
    Grumbletron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tortillas, too.
    This. And bread products in general. I used to scarf down bagels and muffins like they were candy.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Spring rolls! I would sometimes have 4 of them for supper before I realised they're 200 calories each. x4 is 800 calories, and they're not even that filling...

And like others have mentioned before, alcohol was also a big surprise for me. Not only the amount of calories, but also that they slow down the calorie burning process.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is why now I log BEFORE I put it in my mouth! Lots of times I will reduce how many/much I have or totally change my mind on what I'm having.. And everyone wonders why this world is obese!
  • mdebbie1026
    Options
    Tortillas, too.
    This. And bread products in general. I used to scarf down bagels and muffins like they were candy.

We use LaTortilla Factory's Low Carb High Fiber made with whole wheat, the large ones only have 80 calories each. And I think corn tortillas are 110 per serving of 3. My family loves tortillas these help us enjoy the same foods but of course we do still need to be careful about how many we have in a meal.
  • mdebbie1026
    Options
    This is why now I log BEFORE I put it in my mouth! Lots of times I will reduce how many/much I have or totally change my mind on what I'm having.. And everyone wonders why this world is obese!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yep! I learned this is a good idea!!!

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katbronte
    Options
    Wine. I used to drink about 3 glasses with dinner, but not a short pour, a full wine glass. That is 160 calories each glass, for a total of 480 calories. Yikes that's a whole meal!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Everything. My portions were way out of whack. More specifically, any boxed cracker. I would eat half a box of cheeze its party mix in one sitting!

One time, I ate half a box of cereal in one sitting just mindlessly snacking.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's funny you started this topic! My hubby and I were talking last night how you never really think about how many calories are in certain foods until you start counting them! He said he was afraid to eat a fried egg now without worrying about calories. I've ruined him! P.S He's lost 15 pounds too!
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    EVERYTHING! My portions were totally out of control!

I believe this is the best point about food. Anything can be eaten in moderation, but when we get out of control, or don't know what a portion is, that's what gets us into trouble and the weight piles on. Yes, it is best to stay away from the calorie-ridden foods, the ones that have been posted here, but if you do want a cookie, some italian dish or mexican food, do it all in moderation - and work it off!!
  • letsXgo
    Options
    Foods from restaurants.. The portions are gigantic and the nutritional value is so limited...