Piercings...do you have them?

Options
tnrown87
tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
Hi,
So next month on St. Patrick's day I will be turning 25, and apparently while drinking one night I've told my best friend that I would get my nipple piereced when she got a new tattoo. Personally I don't like tattoos, but I'm nervous about the whole pierecing my nipple thing. I mean I think it is erotic and sexy and one day my future husband might like it, but idk I'm worried.

So anyway do you have any piercings? What is your advice? What whould you do?

Replies

• stablesong
    Options
    I currently have double nostril piercings, my tragus, and both ears. This is my history:

Industrial
    Nose piercing x3
    Lobe piercing x4
    2g stretched lobes
    Navel
    Tragus
  • tnrown87
    Options
    How bad is the pain? Sorry I'm a wuss!
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    I have my lip peirced and my septum peirced
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a tattoo person (I have 7) but last Saturday I got both my nipples pierced. I psyched myself up for it and almost chickened out but I figured if I could tolerate 7 tattoos (a few big pieces at that) I could tolerate a couple seconds of pain. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it. The second one hurt a whole lot more than the first because my adrenaline was dropping by this point but it was still tolerable.

Go for it! YOLO! (You Only Live Once!)
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    :)
  • tnrown87
    Options
    YOLO! I like that! Okay seriously considering it! :)
  • DenverKos
    Options
    The getting it done isn't a big deal. It's just like getting your ears pierced, they pull your nipple and run a needle through it, then put the jewelry in. It's the after care that's the pain in the butt.

It takes like 6 to 9 months to heal, and you should soak it in salt water to help keep it clean while it heals. Some warm water in the a cup with the salt, and stick it over your boob and let it soak some. Things will get caught on them - you'd be surprised how many things go across your chest! lol

But seriously, it's the adrenaline of getting it done that overwhelms you and makes it "hurt". The act is over in a minute or two. But the healing process is just that - a process. Be prepared.
  • stablesong
    Options
    My belly button hurt the worst, and it ended up rejecting. I think it may have been pierced crooked. Nostrils were nothing. Industrial was a pretty major one, but it was more just heat and blood rushing to my ear than anything. Everything else has been a breeze. I'm the queen of pain-babies and I didn't have too much of a problem.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have my tongue pierced. I didn't feel it at all. Heck, I didn't even realize it was done until my husband told me. The pain didn't start until the next day. It was swollen and on fire. It hurt for about 2 1/2 weeks. Now I don't really notice it.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I got both nipples done about 4 years ago and it didnt hurt at all, but they take forever to heal and even after you think they have healed they can start to roam and get infected. I only had them for about 7 months and they were both as healed as they were gonna get, because they really never heal all the way for a woman, and the left one started to roam. I took both out because I didn't want to wind up like my friend who now has a split nipple where her infected ring forced its way out.

But I will say that they are a whole lot of fun and I think I will get them done again some day.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've had almost everything.. Right now I only have nipples, septum and ears.
  • tnrown87
    Options
    Now I'm physched about the adrenaline, I think it will ge sexy!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have two piercings in one nipple. (one going up and down, one across) I love them!! I dont believe it really hurt. Nothing more like any tats I have or any piercings I have.
    DOOOOOOOO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    n total I've had 16 piercings...most of which were in my ears. 11 in my ears, My ex convinced me to have my nose done, then asked me to have my nipples done, I had my belly button done and then just because, I had my tongue done....3 days before my moms wedding, whoops!

Have since taken all out except my conch piercing (which I did myself)

Currently I only have 3 tattoos but would like to get more. My first is piece of my own drawing (on my back), I have a star on my foo and my deceased cats paw print on my neck with the word "Vitality" in latin.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I suggest you to check tribalectic.com it has a free community/forum for piercings. That's where I get all the info for the piercings I've gotten :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    tragus.. took 8 MONTHS to heal. and i cleaned (and still do) EVERYDAY!
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    To be honest, of the body modification I have had...the nose piercing was THE WORST!!!!! ugh!!! would never do it again!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i have three holes in my right ear, two in my left. got my labret done 8 years ago and had my nipples done 6 years ago. i took them out to breastfeed and they closed up, but i plan on getting them done again after baby #3
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    lip
    navel
    nose x2
    industrial

But i took them out when I found out I was pregnant. Now I only have my ears pierced. I could still wear all my piercings because most are still open but I choose not to.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yes... nose, 3 each on ears, and used-to-be navel (baby kicked it out...)