BUMP
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Regular or mini muffin pan? And how many?

Mini! The recipe makes 24 mini cupcakes @ 73 cals each. I know the OP said to cook them for 25 minutes but I like mine gooey so I made them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. They are awesome.
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    I can't wait to try this!!!!!
  • roberts1027
    roberts1027 Posts: 12
    Options
    This are really really good and moist. I made mine in a regular sized muffin pan and got 20 with filling them just over half full which came out to be 87 calories. When they baked up they were perfect in size they filled up to the top and looked so good I couldn't wait I had to have one. I did not make these in the mini muffin pan because my husband would be more inclined to eat 2 mini cupcakes instead of just 1 regular cupcake. I also added the 1/2 C water to the mix to help with the thickness. I have to get some fat free whip cream to try on them.
  • Brandi0418
    Brandi0418 Posts: 63
    Options
    So excited to this recipe! :tongue:
  • jordyn81
    jordyn81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • stefaniemaz
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Ok....i made these today--15 oz can of the Libbys pure pumpkin and a box of chocolate cake mix. Yet, when i entered the recipe for 22 servings/cupcakes, it says 94 calories per cupcake. I know two less would add more calories per cupcake, but 20 more per cupcake...hmmm... What did i do wrong?

24 cupcakes = 73 cals per cupcake
    It depends on the Name Brand and Flavor of cake you use.

This is what I use

Ingredients
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin- 15 oz Can, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Betty Crocker - Dark Chocolate Cake Mix, 1 pkg. mix only

Total: Calories 1740, Carbs 382, Fat 19, Protein 27, Sodium 3818

Per Serving: Calories, 73 Carbs, 16 Fa,t 1 Protein, 1 Sodium 159
  • dls06
    Options
    WOW YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way to make this Gluten Free?
    There is Gluten free mixes in the Supermarket now. I know Betty Crocker makes them.
  • dls06
    Options
    Interesting, all you really did was "cut" the cake mix with pumpkin.
    Would love to take the credit but I didn't create the recipe, just found it on the web and thought I'd share.
  • dls06
    Options
    Does anyone know what the sugar content comes out to for this recipe? It's great that it's so low in calories per serving.... but the sugar in snacks like these is often sky-high and that can be much worse than the calories in the first place! (I'm the daughter of a borderline-diabetic father who is very serious about his sugar intake). Thanks!
    8 g per cupcake. Not a sugar free recipe.
  • dls06
    Options
    I made these with Duncan Hines Moist Buttery Yellow Cake mix and added Walnuts. They definitely were not 73 calories. These were 219 each....but in the scheme of things that still isn't bad.
    If you use Different mixes, make less then 24 and add other ingredients, Yes it will change the calorie count.
    I used a regular cupcake pan.
  • dufner
    dufner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I MUST have these!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday with the Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix. I also added a scoop of triple chocolate protein powder, and about 1/4 water. With the protein powder and the fact that I only got 23 cupcakes out of it, they were 83 calories each. And freakin' DELICIOUS!! Will definitely be making these often!

Oh, and mine turned out to be about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of a regular cupcake. :smile:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump