Black team challenge week 15

Options
Ok I'm not sure if anyone had the challenge this week. But since everyone is asking for it I'll put one up.

This challenge is gonna be a little different for each of us. I want you to take a momment and think about this. Try to think of that one thing, whether it's a habit, or a food that might be holding you back. I know I have a bad peanut butter habit. And sometimes it can get out of hand. So this week. NO PEANUT BUTTER for me. It doesnt have to be a food. Perhaps your in the habit of doing the same workout each and every day. Maybe your body is looking for you to shake things up. It's gonna be a little different for each and every one of us. But give it some thought. What is holding you back? What "Unhealthy" security blanket do you still have laying around? Lets take this week to get it under control! :drinker:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok I'm not sure if anyone had the challenge this week. But since everyone is asking for it I'll put one up.

This challenge is gonna be a little different for each of us. I want you to take a momment and think about this. Try to think of that one thing, whether it's a habit, or a food that might be holding you back. I know I have a bad peanut butter habit. And sometimes it can get out of hand. So this week. NO PEANUT BUTTER for me. It doesnt have to be a food. Perhaps your in the habit of doing the same workout each and every day. Maybe your body is looking for you to shake things up. It's gonna be a little different for each and every one of us. But give it some thought. What is holding you back? What "Unhealthy" security blanket do you still have laying around? Lets take this week to get it under control! :drinker:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yes dear :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Mine is gonna be more of the same-- no mindless nibbling.

I dropped my registration form off at the high school for my 5k-- so it's official.

I'm just a wee bit worried. The run starts and ends at the stadium of the high school, and the course is described as "rolling road" course-- all the roads around the high school are HILLY-- yipes, yipes, yipes!!!

Heading to work, all-- everyone's been so quiet. Hope life's not beatin' y'all up too bad.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • Marla64
    Options

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey Beth-- you said you're going to see family for Easter-- have they seen you guys since you lost weight? How shocked is everyone going to be?!
  • musicmom04
    Options

Hey Beth-- you said you're going to see family for Easter-- have they seen you guys since you lost weight? How shocked is everyone going to be?!

they saw me 2 months and about 5 lbs ago, so i won't be much of a surprise. "he" hasn't been home since christmas, about 60 lbs ago, so there is gonna be some definite shock :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Mine is PB too but I gave it up for lent and have only had it on 2 sundays. So, not bad. I now know that I can resist it. I am going to think about this it has to be good.
  • Marla64
    Options

they saw me 2 months and about 5 lbs ago, so i won't be much of a surprise. "he" hasn't been home since christmas, about 60 lbs ago, so there is gonna be some definite shock :laugh:

Yeah, but you've been exercising steady, no? So, you're no doubt firmer-- this should be fun!! Can't wait to hear. Where is family?

We're just heading down to church with my in-laws. Hubby's away with my daughter for a golf tournament, so it'll just be the kids and me--
  • Marla64
    Options

Mine is PB too but I gave it up for lent and have only had it on 2 sundays. So, not bad. I now know that I can resist it. I am going to think about this it has to be good.

Oh, I love it, too-- 2 tablespoons goes a long way on my sandwich.

One change I made recently, by the way-- for finances we've only been buying white bread. Can't beat .79 cents a loaf at Aldi's. But, it's crap, and I can't do it anymore-- so for double that, also at Aldi, I've been buying the stone ground whole wheat-- my kids ADORE it. And it's so much better for them.
  • musicmom04
    Options
    our family is in southeastern mass. we actually grew up practically on the same street, but didn't meet until high school.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Oh, I love it, too-- 2 tablespoons goes a long way on my sandwich.

One change I made recently, by the way-- for finances we've only been buying white bread. Can't beat .79 cents a loaf at Aldi's. But, it's crap, and I can't do it anymore-- so for double that, also at Aldi, I've been buying the stone ground whole wheat-- my kids ADORE it. And it's so much better for them.

2tb of pb goes no where with me it's like 4 or 5 tb for my sandwhich. I can eat it with almost anything. We get the natures own double fiber bread. I like it it's close to 3 dollars but we get wic for everything else like pb milk eggs cheese so to splurge on bread is ok.

hope everyone has a great night results will be out tomorrow. I have to be up and at em and back to work at 8:30 :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: and I just got home at 11pm :grumble: :noway: :grumble: :noway: :grumble: :noway:

nighty night all!!:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Marla64
    Options
    our family is in southeastern mass. we actually grew up practically on the same street, but didn't meet until high school.

Too cool-- high school sweethearts-- awwww!!:love::love:

Do you have an accent like Senator Chappaqui****-- er, I mean Kennedy?
  • musicmom04
    Options

Too cool-- high school sweethearts-- awwww!!:love::love:

Do you have an accent like Senator Chappaqui****-- er, I mean Kennedy?

actually, he dated one of my friends in high school...we started dating after seeing each other at a karaoke bar about 8 years after i graduated(6 years after he did...that's right, i'm older :laugh: )

and yes, we have boston accents...pahk the cah in hahvid yahd :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh I LOVE knowing that you have an accent-- I shall forever read your posts thus!!!

Me? I'm a mix of Ohio and New Jersey-- but it is a total myth that we say "Joisey." I have no noticeable accent, but I must say that I linger and lilt through my speech so I sound like Diane Chambers half the time--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Andrew-- I just thought of something else--

After my SpongeMarla episode, I probably haven't drunk a dozen glasses of water total since.

I'm going to slowly bring water back into the equation. I'm noticing that when I'm running, my mouth and lips dry out instantly. I'm dehydrated before I even leave the house, so I'm slowly bringing it back in.

So, that's something I'm going to concentrate on this week-- yay for another challenge--

(what's wrong with me tonight-- I feel like a Chatty Cathy doll!!!!)
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Thats great that your going home for Easter Andrew and Beth! Im going back home to Kentucky next week for Spring Break and I havent seen my family since the first part of Dec. and 50 lbs ago! I cant wait to see the look on their faces:wink: They hear "progress reports" on the phone now and then, but its different to actually SEE the differences. Im really excited.

Im going to have to give this challenge some thought. I truly, honestly dont have any bad habits as far as eating things I shouldnt anymore. Ive been doing really, really well with my eating habits for the past few months. So, its definately going to have to be something in the exercise area I believe. Great challenge Andrew:drinker:

Well, Im off to check the results thread:happy: I cant wait to see how everyone did! Have a great day all, I will check back later:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks Andrew - this is a great one!!

I have so many to choose from, but will pick my worst..

No more negative thoughts about my progress..

This will be difficult (I mean really, really easy:wink: ), but I will do all the right things and be positive about the outcome - no matter what the stupid (I mean lovely:wink: ) scale says at the end of the week..

Thanks, Janie
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dave doesn't have anything that he binges on or anything like that. :noway: I've been doing really well lately about not eating a whole pack of anything. :laugh:

So he suggested ab workouts. I do cardio everytime I work out but then I say I did enough so I'll be done. But I need to work on toning. So we're both gonna work on doing ab workouts most days and I'm also gonna try doing more weight lifting, crunches - just in general toning stuff. That might not help me lose pounds but it'll get me closer to my ultimate goal of being toned and hot. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg

IMHO - I'd vote "with", but I'm not sure why..I think it might make his face look thinner.

I'm interested in what others think...
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

with.jpg

without.jpg

Hmmm...I vote for with, I agree with Janie that it makes his face look thinner. Besides the fact that my hubby has had some kind of facial hair since we've been together.:wink: