Black team challenge week 15

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Oh Loree, how incredibly scary for you! Thank goodness your little sweetie pie was napping!! I dont think I have ever passed out/blacked out in my life! But I have had that panicky feeling come over me before where I used to get all shaky and lightheaded where I felt like I was gonna pass out (long time ago lol).Always scared me to death! So, did your Dr do any bloodwork to rule out anything else that might be going on? I know there is something (I think its called hypo-glycemic or something) that gives you that kind of feeling when your blood sugar drops way low...? I could be way off on what its called, but I have heard of something like that.
    Take good care of yourself...hopefully it will just be a matter of upping your calories and protein. Be sure and let us know how your feeling!

The doctor said she could do a test to see. I'd have to drink sugary stuff and have blood drawn (like during pregnancy) but the test lasts 5 hours. She said if it came back positive, she'd just tell me to eat more protein. So she said she'll just skip that and tell me to eat more protein. She said if I really wanted the test though, she'd do it but it's not fun. (And she wrote it up as a "hypoglycemic episode" on my paperwork.)

My MIL wonders if I could be anemic. So hopefully the extra protein and calories will fix it if it is being anemic or low protein. I also need to work on my water. I've been doing really badly with that the last week or so.

The doctor said if it happens again after upping everything, then they can do heart tests and stuff. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though.
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I'm in the midst of one of "those" days where I don't have 5 seconds to breathe. I've been up since 5am doing things for Miss T's b.day party tomorrow. I hate that my baby is 1! :sad:

Take a deep breath. It'll be okay. :wink: (I completely understand though!) :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of one of "those" days where I don't have 5 seconds to breathe. I've been up since 5am doing things for Miss T's b.day party tomorrow. I hate that my baby is 1! :sad:

Take a deep breath. It'll be okay. :wink: (I completely understand though!) :flowerforyou:

BAH! Plus, I haven't nursed her for 2 days so my hormones are all shifty right now. I think I'll just bake & cry today. :bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    Options

BAH! Plus, I haven't nursed her for 2 days so my hormones are all shifty right now. I think I'll just bake & cry today. :bigsmile:

If you have any extra baked yummies, my address is... :bigsmile:

(((hugs)))
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Sara- I will be more than happy to help you get rid of some baked goods. You know, that's what MFP friends are for. :laugh:

Black Team, I wanted to tell you all first because I'm excited and proud of myself...I officially put set my MFP goals to maintain the weight I am today. No, it's not the 150 that I wanted, but so what? Considering that at my heaviest, I really only wanted to end up around 180, nearly 30 more pounds lost is pretty huge. My goal size was a 12-14, I am wearing a comfortable 10...and I can run, do push-ups and lift weights. I think I'm allowed to say I HIT MY GOAL, mission accomplished!

It's still kind of surreal, but I'm getting used to it pretty well. Don't mean to be full of myself, but I had to tell someone and I figured my Black Team Family would be the perfect someones!

I :heart: y'all!

(And yes, you are still stuck with me...not going anywhere. Hah.)
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Sara- I will be more than happy to help you get rid of some baked goods. You know, that's what MFP friends are for. :laugh:

Black Team, I wanted to tell you all first because I'm excited and proud of myself...I officially put set my MFP goals to maintain the weight I am today. No, it's not the 150 that I wanted, but so what? Considering that at my heaviest, I really only wanted to end up around 180, nearly 30 more pounds lost is pretty huge. My goal size was a 12-14, I am wearing a comfortable 10...and I can run, do push-ups and lift weights. I think I'm allowed to say I HIT MY GOAL, mission accomplished!

It's still kind of surreal, but I'm getting used to it pretty well. Don't mean to be full of myself, but I had to tell someone and I figured my Black Team Family would be the perfect someones!

Congratulations!!! that is soo awesome:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Oh, Shuntae-- that is so cool-- way to go!!!!!!

Yes, you hit your goal-- thanks so much for telling us first-- I feel so special!!!!!!!

Edit to add-- and would you look at that sexy back in your profile pictures-- woooo-- way to go-- you must be so proud!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Shuntae - that is AMAZING! I am so proud of you. *hugs* You have accomplished so much! You shouting that to the world is not arrogant, btw. You are just lovely. :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Shuntae - way to go girl!!!!

Thanks for telling us first - I feel so honored..

You look fabulous and I am so proud of you..

Go tell the rest of the world - you earned it..

Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Shuntae....WTG Standing Ovation
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 6 of C5K. I can't believe I ran for 25 minutes straight. Three more weeks to go. Jim(da hubs) said he's in trouble cause I can talk some while we're running. Hehe, I know that's a good thing.:laugh:

:heart: Black Team:heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I finished Week 6 of C5K. I can't believe I ran for 25 minutes straight. Three more weeks to go. Jim(da hubs) said he's in trouble cause I can talk some while we're running. Hehe, I know that's a good thing.:laugh:

:heart: Black Team:heart:

Whoo hoo...that's awesome! I'll be starting Week 5 next week. Should be interesting...
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    You guys are all so sweet, thank you so much for the kind words! There was no way I couldn't tell you all first because you were right there with me and you get it. It's pretty screwy that I'm hesitant to share my news with anyone in the real world except for BF. It's something I'm really proud of, but I usually prefer not to talk about it much because people can be really petty and mean sometimes, you know what I mean? I know it's just jealousy, but I wish they would realize that my telling them about myself isn't supposed to make them feel bad! Oh well, that is their business...all I can do is keep on keepin' on!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I did the same thing, Shuntae! I am so proud of YOU!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hello, people--

MOST delighted to report two very significant things of a feminine nature (there's your disclaimer, Andrew-- anything you read beyond this point is solely YOUR responsibility-- :wink: )

First and foremost, yay, yay, yay-- there IS actually a TOM visiting-- always pleased as punch, no disrespect intended to my delightful offspring, to find that ANOTHER offspring IS NOT on the way-- woo hooooo-- I'm doing my happy dancebliss.gif

Second, and just as significant and delightful-- as of this morning I was only 1/2 pound up from my weight on Sunday, which means once TOM has gone his merry way, I do believe I shall finally rid myself of this cursed Marla-- 47b20s0.gif

Had a great day calorie wise which is good since I couldn't exercise tonight. Kids wanted to play manhunt (my favorite game-- :wink: ) so I had "Caleb duty" so they could all go out and play with the neighbors this evening.

Cut about two inches off my hair today-- nice thing about curly hair, nobody can tell if I screw up-- go me.

Heading to work-- blessings be yours this day, my friends--
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Hello, people--

MOST delighted to report two very significant things of a feminine nature (there's your disclaimer, Andrew-- anything you read beyond this point is solely YOUR responsibility-- :wink: )

First and foremost, yay, yay, yay-- there IS actually a TOM visiting-- always pleased as punch, no disrespect intended to my delightful offspring, to find that ANOTHER offspring IS NOT on the way-- woo hooooo-- I'm doing my happy dancebliss.gif

Second, and just as significant and delightful-- as of this morning I was only 1/2 pound up from my weight on Sunday, which means once TOM has gone his merry way, I do believe I shall finally rid myself of this cursed Marla-- 47b20s0.gif

Had a great day calorie wise which is good since I couldn't exercise tonight. Kids wanted to play manhunt (my favorite game-- :wink: ) so I had "Caleb duty" so they could all go out and play with the neighbors this evening.

Cut about two inches off my hair today-- nice thing about curly hair, nobody can tell if I screw up-- go me.

I love the new av...you look beautiful!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Awww Sara (insert hugs smiley here lol) I totally remember when my babies each turned 1 yr old. Cried and cried all through the party! Its ok though, its our right as mothers:heart: Hope everything goes well for you at the party! Give her a big birthday hug from us here on the Black team:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Options

Shuntae that is awesome!! I am sooo happy for you!!:flowerforyou: I looked at your pics and you look awesome! I love the one of the back shot, amazing!:drinker: You should be tooting your horn everywhere girl! Its a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Hello, people--

Love the new AV Marla! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your ok Lori, oh my goodness, that must have been scary. Get that protein going! Looks like it was a day of scary stuff for the black team. Here a quick story that I didnt tell you guys when I checked in from work today because its such a pain to type on my phone.

SO... I was working in Bangor, ME today. That is the northern most store I cover. Well its about 2 hours of tree and rivers for scenery so it's usually a pretty relaxing drive. Well I was cruising along behind this big rig and was relaxed as usual when suddenly he jerks over into the passing lane VERY quickly. Than I see why.... M O O S E !!!!!!!!. I jam the breaks and cut the wheel left REALLY hard. I see a big brown streek go past my passanger side window but didnt hit it. I did however overshoot the passing lane and went halfway onto the median. My back tires start to lose grip and my back end starts to fishtail out on me. At this point I am practically sideways. I dont want to flip the car so I turn hard into the skid and end up straightening out but flying back onto the highway but spin out to the other side. When I finally come to a stop I am sideways, half off the highway and halfway into the breakdown lane. OMG.....wanna talk about being a nervous wreck. Well I look back down the road and see the big dumb critter wandering off into the woods. Thankfully there wasnt anyone behind me but MAN I was in this nervous funk for the rest of the day. Just thought I would share....It's gonna take more than one silly Moose assassin to take out the batman. lol :drinker:

I am thankful you are ok! I investigate claims and there are more ppl injured avoiding an animal than hitting one. That being said-a MOOSE does not count!! OMG they are as big as a small car!!

Thank God you were able to keep your head and get control of your car. Make sure to have the car checked out. DD did somethign like this and it broke her rack and pinion steering.

Whew.......you tell a good story cuz my heart is beating ever so fast.:embarassed: