Black team challenge week 15

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind, and have to skip the pages when there is a flashy thing in them due to migraine makers for me!

Marla-looks like your doing great on the exercise! Love the AV-actually love how you change them up all the time. I come in to see who is on pose this lovely day!

Lori-you look great. How are you feeling today? Hope your getting your protien. Have you thought of simple Whey protien to fill the gap?
    AND I like Dave with the goatee. :glasses:

Shuntae-what can I say.........look at the guns on that girl!!

Sara- Praise God the children are healthy and growing. Your little one will be there far longer than you think! Enjoy her sweet lil face!! Kisses and hugs!!

Sam- sorry I havent checked in, have lost anything so I am just here for the friendship and love!! You rock!

Roni- freaking love the AV, man!! You look SO good! Healthy!!:smooched:

Janie-looks like you are going to town on the running. So wish I could run, but again the podiatrist and orthos both said NO. You are doing so great!:flowerforyou:

Andrew and Lor-keep up the hard work. I love to see the love in your posts when 'andy' is away. Thank God he returned healthy and in one peice. Beth you iz lookin fine girl:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am looking through this team and cant believe I am friends with such LOSERS!

:laugh: :laugh:

Look over those numbers! You guys are amazing!

:drinker: :drinker:

:heart: Jeannie:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    tresa-I missed you, sorry. I hope you feel better and have added you to my prayer list.

:flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am way behind as well..

Andrew - thank god you are OK. Don't mess with the Moose - they kill.. note the self-confident way he just sauntered off the road. They know how bad-*kitten* they are.. Nice driving skills to avoid rolling - way to keep your head.

Beth - you look awesome in your AV. Extra hugs for your DH for making it home in one piece.. Hope he told you about the moose, before posting.. :laugh:

Jeannie - girl you just keep looking more and more awesome each AV - so proud of you.

Bobbi - Week 6 of couch to 5K - awesome girl!! You rock!! They are offering a c25K class at the gym starting next week. I may try this - it meets 4 days a week (during lunch) and there is a trainer running the class. I am hoping she can tell me what is wrong with my stride so that I don't fall apart anymore.. Wish me luck!!

Lori - how are you feeling lately - is the extra protein helping.. Dave looks great with the goatee - has he agreed with our group decision for him? :laugh: :laugh:

Tresa, Nicky - are we having a better week... I am still fighting aches and a "catching a cold" feeling, but am determined to turn things around - no more Mushy Body..

Sam - thanks for the encouragement.. I can use all the positive I can get..

Sara - {{{{hugs}}}} - watching them grow is the hardest, most wonderful, painful, exciting thing in the whole world.. It is impossible to have a clear emotion on this one.. Combine that with hormones, and it all feels so very weird. Hang in there - you are stronger than you know..

Amanda - where are you girl - I miss you again..

Lynnie - you look fantastic in your AV - way to bring the hawt back to the challenge..

Shuntae - You are such a great example of how this can work.. My inspiration.. way to go..

Marla - I love your new AV - looking so good... great news about the end of the M word.. Hoping the new scale loves you the way it should ..

I know I must have forgotten some, but love you all..

Janie
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Ok, now after the novel - a smaller post about my work on the current challenge..

I went out yesterday to ride a new horse I am thinking of buying. I had my DH and DDs come to video tape, because I wanted to make sure the horse was big enough for me.

Upon review of the tape (I don't often see myself on film - too scary), I started to feel really lousy about how I looked. Rather than going into the spiral - you know the one - I stopped and put it down..

Went back to look at it today, and although I am seeing the same things, I can't help but think how nice I will look on this horse when I get closer to my goal.. It has inspired me to re-dedictate to the challenge and watch more closely what I am eating.

Peace all and have a great day.. Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Bobbi - Week 6 of couch to 5K - awesome girl!! You rock!! They are offering a c25K class at the gym starting next week. I may try this - it meets 4 days a week (during lunch) and there is a trainer running the class. I am hoping she can tell me what is wrong with my stride so that I don't fall apart anymore.. Wish me luck!!

Janie

Janie... Thank you. I never in thought it would get easier but it has. Not saying that its easy just got easier. Good luck with the class. I really hope it helps find the problem.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind, and have to skip the pages when there is a flashy thing in them due to migraine makers for me!

Jeannie-- I removed my flashy thing on the bottom just for you-- never let it be said that I caused somebody a migraine. Me? I'm the good one-- :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments on the new AV-- hubby prefers me without makeup, so I don't wear it-- and I miss it. He's away, so I fluttered a bit of mascara on the old peepers yesterday and liked it--

I'm heading to church tomorrow all gussied up in my new clothes-- I wanted to see how I looked after all these years with makeup, 'cause that completes the package-- you know? You can't get all dolled up from head to toe without some paint on the ol' shutters, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Hope everyone is having a great day-- I should be working, just can't get moving--

I'm outta here-- :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Jeannie-- I removed my flashy thing on the bottom just for you-- never let it be said that I caused somebody a migraine. Me? I'm the good one-- :wink:

You sure are Marla. And because it is Easter I will all you

A good Egg!!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just had to share a funny story.

I promised myself I would no longer weigh myself each day (whispers~~~~~2 or 3 times~~~)

So I took the scale and shoved it............all the way in the middle under my big queen sized bed. Each day I have thought about it, but it is too far in there.

I have prayed for restraint each day, but feel will power more than an answer to prayer is what did it. That and I have not been working from home:laugh:

Ok so yesterday I just cant STAND it any more. I crawl in the dust and dog hair under the bed. Good thing I lost 30 pounds because I think I swelled up from my allergies to the dust. I pushed and crawled like a Marine in the sand.

Huffing and puffing.......my fingers finally touched the pot of gold. AHA! I exclaimed I have got you my pretty.

I then pulled myself back out from under the bed, thinking the whole way WOW I am a lousy housekeeper!:noway:

I take a moment to catch my breath and get the dust bunnies out of my hair. Take a bit of Flonase and remove my clothing. :smokin: I am ready baby.

Oh the sweet relief of getting what I want. My WEIGHT in big red numbers.:cry:

and then

The battery is dead.:angry:

Dear Lord,

You know what I want, and give me what I need.

Thank You,

Your Humble Servent Jeannie
  • Marla64
    Options

You sure are Marla. And because it is Easter I will all you

A good Egg!!:wink:

Did somebody say egg?

Behold my family's bounty this day--

041109_1754.jpg

and only one sonic boom from yours truly (surely felt where you are) when I'd had one too many, 42kmoig.gif"(GASP) Mom, did you hear what she just said to me?"

"ENOUGH-- STOP BICKERING OR GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!!" gaah.gif

All in all, better than most years-- :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Too funny, Jeannie-- :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Here ya go...after Easter Vigil Mass....

2996_1135765508517_1058721274_30406305_3789336_s.jpg
  • Marla64
    Options
    PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Marla - That is a lot of eggs! Luckily I don't have 9 kids. I'd buy 1 dozen eggs and say "You each get one. Don't break it. There are only 3 extras." :laugh:

Shuntae and Bobbi - You both look great!

I noticed recently that I always have a picture of Harley as my av. Everybody else is changing their av's to show their progress. I'm gonna give in to the peer pressure and have Dave take a picture of me tomorrow in my Easter dress -- that we went to 4 stores before we were able to find it in my size. :laugh:

I'm feeling better with more calories and protein - I feel full longer. But twice today I still got dizzy when I stood up. The first time was before I'd eaten breakfast. But the second one was less than 2 hours after I'd eaten 2 pb&j sandwiches, a banana, and a granola bar for lunch. I don't know. I want to give the new "diet" a try before I call the doctor again, for at least a week or 2. I tried to do the elliptical today but I felt really tired and got a headache. So I only did 10 minutes. Then I tried later and did 4, then later and did 6, and then I just quit for the day and took a nap.

Tomorrow we're going to church and then lunch at Dave's parents. Then we'll be doing supper at my parents. (Both sets of parents only live 10-15 minutes from our house and less than 5 minutes from each other.) Happy Easter tomorrow! Nite black teamers. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla - That is a lot of eggs! Luckily I don't have 9 kids. I'd buy 1 dozen eggs and say "You each get one. Don't break it. There are only 3 extras." :laugh:

Shuntae and Bobbi - You both look great!

I noticed recently that I always have a picture of Harley as my av. Everybody else is changing their av's to show their progress. I'm gonna give in to the peer pressure and have Dave take a picture of me tomorrow in my Easter dress -- that we went to 4 stores before we were able to find it in my size. :laugh:

I'm feeling better with more calories and protein - I feel full longer. But twice today I still got dizzy when I stood up. The first time was before I'd eaten breakfast. But the second one was less than 2 hours after I'd eaten 2 pb&j sandwiches, a banana, and a granola bar for lunch. I don't know. I want to give the new "diet" a try before I call the doctor again, for at least a week or 2. I tried to do the elliptical today but I felt really tired and got a headache. So I only did 10 minutes. Then I tried later and did 4, then later and did 6, and then I just quit for the day and took a nap.

Tomorrow we're going to church and then lunch at Dave's parents. Then we'll be doing supper at my parents. (Both sets of parents only live 10-15 minutes from our house and less than 5 minutes from each other.) Happy Easter tomorrow! Nite black teamers. :flowerforyou:

My guess is you're pregnant-- :wink:

One egg a piece, huh? Boy, you're tough. :smile:

okay-- so I had some Easter candy while filling the baskets-- got it out of my system, and I'll resist from here on out. I've been very good with my no sweets, succumbing only last week when our friend was visiting, and tonight-- no pie tomorrow, no more chocolate--

Too flippin' windy to run tonight, and I'm wayyyyyyyy behind in work due to shopping and egg coloring-- so I'll try and gird up my loins, ha, for some jumping jacks before bed-- something to rev up the ol' metabolism before beddybye--

Blessings be yours this Easter to all my friends who celebrate-- He is risen, my friends.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good early, early morning Black Team!:happy: I just wanted to check in and say hi...we're off this morning to visit my family in Kentucky for spring break. I probably wont have access to a computer every day, but will check in as I can. I have a food journal that I use EVERYDAY (it has been with me wherever I go!) so even if I cant log my food on here every day, I can catch it all up when Im able to get online. I hope you all have a lovely, blessed Easter and I will check back in as soon as Im able to.

~Roni
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Here ya go...after Easter Vigil Mass....

Wow, Bobbi, you look fantastic.. running really does agree with you.

OK, that's it - I'm going back to the program. That, and an occassional trip to the chiropractor, is just what I need.. thanks for the inspiration.

ps, I will try to get a more recent picture up as well. figured you are all getting tired of Boo - my big kitty
  • janiebeth
    Options

Lori - glad you are feeling better, but still worried about you.. true, it could take a while for the newer protein diet to take effect, but don't wait too long to get it checked out. Assuming you've already ruled out the more obvious reasons..

Hang in there sweetie..
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Good early, early morning Black Team!:happy: I just wanted to check in and say hi...we're off this morning to visit my family in Kentucky for spring break. I probably wont have access to a computer every day, but will check in as I can. I have a food journal that I use EVERYDAY (it has been with me wherever I go!) so even if I cant log my food on here every day, I can catch it all up when Im able to get online. I hope you all have a lovely, blessed Easter and I will check back in as soon as Im able to.

~Roni

Roni, have a great spring break. Kentucky is one of my favorite states, being as horse-crazy as I am. Lexington is like heaven to me.. If only they had a beach, I'd never leave..

Marla, impressive egg count - and they are so pretty. how long did it take to make all those. We always seem to get the lousy egg dye that takes 3 hours to turn the egg any recognizable color.. amateurs, I'm sure.

Happy Easter everyone... find many eggs - just don't eat them all..

Janie