RIP Whitney Houston

Options

Replies

• Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ALL RUMORS... PER ABC: NEWS:drinker:
    Whitney Houston's rep issued a shocked denial today to counter reports that the singer/actress has died

In a statement, her publicist, Nancy Seltzer, said, "I've just spoken to Whitney. She is perfectly fine and does not understand why, with everything going on in the world right now, they have to find new rumors to dig up. She is home in New Jersey with her family."

This denial was from Sept 2001. Apparently her death was reported incorrectly then. (The "everything going on in the world" comment referred to the 9/11 attacks.) Unfortunately, the reports were correct this time. Vey sad.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!! Along with everyone, I am shocked to tears! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Whitney!! ...
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to seeing her in the sparkle remake:(
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    RIP Whitney, you'll always be remembered.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    All the money and fame... none of that saved her. So sad, just like all the people I know who battle addictions in the regular world- such a hard fight. To all of us still here- let's be kind to ourselves ok?

And while we're at it...lets be kind to each other. Some of the nasty comments I have read (on FB and a few news sites) from people about her death: "Oh she's just a crackhead has-been who cares?" Would we say that if it were our sister, mother, friend...?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    She's been committing slow suicide for years.
    Tragic but no surprise.
  • sellerstars
    Options
    Such a sad ending for a talented lady. May God bless and comfort her family during this difficult time.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You were talented, beautiful and loved. Why did you need you need drugs?
    Addiction doesn't care about your outward trappings of success.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    All the money and fame... none of that saved her. So sad, just like all the people I know who battle addictions in the regular world- such a hard fight. To all of us still here- let's be kind to ourselves ok?

And while we're at it...lets be kind to each other. Some of the nasty comments I have read (on FB and a few news sites) from people about her death: "Oh she's just a crackhead has-been who cares?" Would we say that if it were our sister, mother, friend...?

This! This right here pisses me off so much.

It's like, okay... if you don't care whatsoever, that's fine. I would never fault someone for not giving a crap. But to go out of your way to make a joke is just so tacky. That was someone's daughter.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Drugs get another one, sad. Peace to you Dear.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Holy Cow...I kinda lost all respect when she did the "show" with Bobby, but noone can deny she was one hell of a singer. She had her demons, but don't we all. :cry: Her poor daughter.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sad to hear so a talented voice has been silenced. Praying for her family, especially her 18yr old daughter.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    ): RIP
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    What a tragedy. What in incredible voice that woman had! I didn't read the news yet but I assume it had to do with drugs. That's such a shame.
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Such a shame, so sad R.I.P Whitney. New beautiful music will now be made in heaven with both you and micheal J, as one. Hugs
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Its so sad to hear such a talented lady went through all of this. RIP Whitney Houston :(
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Whitney Houston was a big part of my childhood, I remember dancing to her music in Mexico....which is where I grew up. She was huge there. So sad that drugs took her from her family and fans. RIP Whitney, you were a treasure!
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just remember how young and excited and full of life she seemed in interviews and videos when her first album came out . Such a tragic downward spiral and end to one of the most amazing talents of my generation .
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    She's always been one of my inspirations (when performing). she was so freaking fantastic.

Whitney was always on in my house as she was also a favorite of my mother.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    So very sad...may her soul find peace now...my prayers go out to her family especially her daughter...to be honest even Bobbie, I'm sure he's struggling with his own demons on the death of Whitney...