fitbit....recommend or No???

Options
124»

Replies

• Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I just returned mine two weeks ago. It was great, but I don't need a "motivator" to remind me to exercise, or take more steps, or any of that. It's all in your head and up to YOU to be active. :)

I got my money back and just bought some sports bras and new capri workout pants. I feel better.... the whole time I had it I was asking myself, "Is this thing really worth the money?"

On another note.. I wore my HRM with all my cardio exercises (outdoor walks/running) while wearing my fitbit and noticed a significant difference most days in the amount of calories I'd burn. I realize it's not a heart rate monitor, but instead uses 3D sensors similar to those in the Wii Fit to calculate distance/steps/activity level.
    Nevermind using it for strength training. Lol.

HOWEVER, this may be useful for others out there. For myself, it was fun, but didn't do much for after a few weeks. The shiny wore off.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I just returned mine two weeks ago. It was great, but I don't need a "motivator" to remind me to exercise, or take more steps, or any of that. It's all in your head and up to YOU to be active. :)

I got my money back and just bought some sports bras and new capri workout pants. I feel better.... the whole time I had it I was asking myself, "Is this thing really worth the money?"

On another note.. I wore my HRM with all my cardio exercises (outdoor walks/running) while wearing my fitbit and noticed a significant difference most days in the amount of calories I'd burn. I realize it's not a heart rate monitor, but instead uses 3D sensors similar to those in the Wii Fit to calculate distance/steps/activity level. So naturally, it can't fully calculate my burn, even after entering my stats (resting HR, etc) on Fitbit's website the first day. It's supposed to adjust later on with the more workouts you do as it learns your body's movement and whatnot.
    But nevermind using it for strength training. Pointless... I just stick to the HRM. Best to keep things simple.

HOWEVER, this may be useful for others out there. For myself, it was fun, but didn't do much for after a few weeks. I did like to see my overall burn for the day, that was fun. But in those few weeks, the shiny wore off.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I got mine in January and am still going strong!
  • darbylicious
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I get excited on days I get lots of steps. I like the little badges and watching my flower grow. I'm a sucker for cute things in pretty packaging. :) But it does motivate me to park a bit farther away, take an extra trip around the grocery store, and get up from my desk more often. So for me, definitely worth it!
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing about this. For example, I do the elliptical at the gym-- is it better at tracking my calories then the actual elliptical machine is?