Negativity....I literally want to strangle someone!!

Options

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't know where you started in weightloss, but your picture reflects an attractive woman in fantastic shape. I hope remain strong and proud of your success. Don't let passing comments on Facebook, here or anywhere deplete your positive energy.

Below is my progress from July 2011, Nov 2011 and Feb 2012. Ive lost nearly 2 stone (as my ticker shows) Im not just thin now...Im stronger. Ive lost weight in such a different way this time and I am very proud!

I have seen a lot of photoshopped images, and I hate how people portray themselves as a 'fake' straight from the off. I never edit any of my photos!!

rarrr.jpg
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    you're hot. (exceot for the duck face, but nobody can pull that off and look cute at the same time :)

I was slightly on the overly-tipsy side. Cannot be helped. lol!
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just let that negativity fuel your fire! I do.... I have been told everything from you lost mostly water weight to you are stil look fat.... you have done great remember you did this for you! not them let people say what they will but at the end of the day they know the truth :)
    always take the high road even when it is lonely
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You have now become someone to envy, a threat. They are jealous!
    Delete them.
    You deserve to be proud!
  • tambot1965
    Options
    There will always be those who want to keep you from your success because misery loves company! You have worked hard at ACCOMPLISHING your goal. Be proud and leave those miserable people to their own suffering. I deleted FB and my daughter did too. I've not seen anything on there that makes me want to engage in such a 'busy body' group! Keep up the good work and take note of who your REAL friends are then treasure them!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Try not to let them bother you too much.

I had something similar happen to me on here when I was just trying to give a friend on here suggestions on how to get more protein. It was 5am when I posted my response and I used to term Green Smoothie instead of fruit smootie and another "friend' of hers had to jump on and attack me saying I was running my mouth off without having the facts, etc. It got to the point where I had to block the person.

Some people think they can say whatever they want because they are hiding behind a computer screen. Ugh. Sorry you had to deal with drama on here from hateful people.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, it's just that people can't get over their jealousy!!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Also, the originator of that statement was Kate Moss.

Not quite. I can remember being younger and my mom going to Weight Watchers meetings and coming home and saying that and that was way before Kate Moss!

OP you look fantastic! Ignore the jealous and keep on!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    you look great and need to get rid of those face book friends, but that slogan did come from someone who the media thought was advocating anorexia so it has a negative stigma associated with it, I for one don't like that saying at all, but you look great and hard work shows.
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Also, the originator of that statement was Kate Moss.

Not quite. I can remember being younger and my mom going to Weight Watchers meetings and coming home and saying that and that was way before Kate Moss!

OP you look fantastic! Ignore the jealous and keep on!

Whoops silly me! I am not surprised, and probably shouldn't go around repeating anything off tumblr!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a m'fer.

ETA: it's the classic 'tear you down to make themselves feel better' thing.
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I don't deny myself anything! If I wanna eat it, Im gonna eat it (as long as I stay in my calories) People have told me that I am obsessive about it, but to be completely honest - If I didnt obsess about it - then how am I supposed to keep on track. If I did all of this half-hearted - I wouldn't have lost nearly 2 stone!

That saying tells me that if I am going to eat a big chocolate cake and keep eating it then I am not going to be thin. Which is bloody true! And I wont feel good. I feel better eating some stuff that isnt so 'satisfying' and looking the way I do!!

:-) x

I do know what you mean about people calling you obsessive. I get the same thing. :( I mentioned something about how I had to go to the gym 5 times a week and my friend was like, "Well you don't have to." Excuse me! I have to. If you're a regular person then no, but if you have a lot of weight to lose you have to be really strict about alcohol and exercise and sugar. Anyway, haters gon' hate I guess.
  • netty1959
    Options
    time to delete a few of those iggnorant jealous friends hun :mad:
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    yeah they are jealous . u look amazing & very healthy ! great job hun . < 3
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Haters are going to hate. Move on and enjoy being/looking healthy. You look fantastic!!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Um, ya, they are jealous, you look great!!

If they were your facebook friends, then my next step would be to unfriend them.

You don't need the saboteurs and the negative naysayers.

Keep your chin up - you are beautiful!!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some people are just *kitten*. And that's putting it lightly. Don't let them steal your glory. Keep strutting your stuff.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! All of those people are JEALOUS!

Stick to MFP rather than Facebook, we all know what it's like and we're here to support! Great job and feel free to show off...you deserve it! Rock that dress!!!

agreed!
    You look great. Haters gonna hate!!!!!!
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry some people are so dumb. You look fantastic!! I love the dress!!!!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    who needs friends like that? get rid of them .. take control of your facebook