Looking like a gym horror!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't usually look a whole lot different. I don't do anything special to go and my hair is short so it's kind of all over the place all the time. However, I usually SMELL a whole lot worse :). And I don't care!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitness instructor and sweat like crazy.....she asked how she could feel better about herself and I gave her some helpful tips. Stop the negativity please. :)

Im quite surprised how some of these comments are coming across. (maybe its just the way theyre written). Whats wrong with wanting to look half decent? A lot of us want to look nice whilst working out, otherwise Nike and Adidas etc wouldnt be doing the big business they are! I just want to feel confident in all aspects, when I walk in the gym and when I walk back out. Im training to be a PT, so it wont look very good for my clients if I end up looking worse than they do! All I wanted was some pratical advice, if I want to look nice then surely thats up to me? :flowerforyou:

I agree with you... You want to look presentable to clients and I don't blame you. There are a few female PT's at my gym who look like PT *kitten*(IE loads of dark eye makeup plastered on and lipstick to boot) so as long as you stay away from that look, I think you will be ok.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    I always look a hot mess goin & coming from the gym...I wear a bandanna & a hat...it catchs all the sweat & the hat well@Planet Fitness U can wear a bandanna....Im sweaty & on a mission! I dnt care who is in there, Im not there 2 get a date, but I see sum ladies lookin lovely & dnt break a sweat, they r hardly working out, just there to look cute....not me IM GOIN IN!!!!!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Although I'm in the "worse I look the more productive I was" camp myself, I have a friend who's a little more self conscious than I a, and she always wears a buff on her head. https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/ I've never tried one, but she swears by them.

I just ordered one...should be here next week...super excited! lol thanx for the info! It's not to look hotter at the gyms, it's so I don't have to wear a smelly ball cap when I hike
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Looking good? In the gym? Nahhh. Not this girl. I look all beat up and homely. If I wasn't built differently, people could probably confuse me for one of the guys working out... especially when I'm wearing a bandana or hair wrap. Lol who the hell-o kitty am I trying to look good for?
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    After a hard workout in the gym today, I looked at myself in the changing room mirror, and was horrified!! I had sweat everywhere, my face for bright red and my fringe (bangs) was plastered to my head. Girls - how do you stay looking at least half decent in the gym whilst working really hard???????

Nice work - that's the look to go for at the gym! :drinker:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If I don't have sweat dripping off my face and body I didn't work out hard enough!