what diet plan are you following?

Im 2 weeks in to using myfitnesspal and was wondering what diet plans everyones following and how sucessful you are finding them. i am currently just counting calories and doing exercise 4x a week. thanks

16404448.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    the eat what I want and stay within my cal's diet plan.... so far so good :bigsmile:
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Same here
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    I'm really watching my calories and my sodium (too much sodium will make you retain water and therefore be bloated and heavier). I'm also doing some sort of exercising...walking, aerobics, etc...5-6 days a week. I've been at it a little over a month now. I feel so much healthier cause I'm eating more whole foods and less processed foods, and because I'm more active than I was before. I've lost 3 pounds that I know of so far, but I can already tell that my clothes are fitting differently too.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    You are doing the best plan of all. :bigsmile: Eat healthy, low fat foods and exercise. Keep your calories to around 1200 a day. You will be amazing. :bigsmile:

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    The IIFYM diet. :smile:
  • Im 2 weeks in to using myfitnesspal and was wondering what diet plans everyones following and how sucessful you are finding them. i am currently just counting calories and doing exercise 4x a week. thanks
    same here really, excercise 4-5 times a week

Good Luck :)
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 497 Member
    the "try not to eat half of what you want to" plan-- not so successful thus far.
  • I am on the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge
    15472929.png
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    I'm with them, eat what you want and stay within your calories... I also try to stay within carbs and sodium though. But that's it. Eat healthy, excercise, live life.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    when i was trying to lose weight i followed the 'eat less, exercise more' plan, and now i am maintaining i go for the the 'its not a diet its a healthy lifestyle' plan.

seriously though, you dont need a 'plan' as long as you are eating a balanced diet of fat, protein and carbs, getting your 5 a day, and cut back on things like chocolate, cake etc that has little nutritional value.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    the eat what I want and stay within my cal's diet plan.... so far so good :bigsmile:

Yup!!!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 83 Member
    i'm mostly vegetarian with the exception of some seafood. i'm also working on the couch to 5k plan which has me "running" 3 times a week and in between that i do jilliam michaels 30 day shred 1 or 2 times. i guess that's my plan. the only thing that i plan on doing forever is running and being vegetarian.

16404448.png
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member

This
  • I am not following a specific diet plan either. But I am trying to eat healthier...more fruits and vegies lots of salds...and drinking more water (my goal is 8 8oz a day). Also the exercise is a big part of it, I try to do some sort of exercise every day. I am a firm believer in a healthy lifestyle instead of roller coaster diets!!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Counting calories and exercise 4-6 x a week..Lost 22 lbs before joing MFP at a slow and steady pace . Got a few more lbs to go , going to keep counting those cals and working out..works for me.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 315 Member
    I don't follow any plan!
    I reduced fat while I'm cooking. I only use extra virgin olive oil in salads once in a while. I try not to eat candies (except when TOM is coming when I cannot resist them) and watch out my total cals not to be over 1400 per day (my goal is 1300). I exercise 3-4 times per week. Two of them I run on the traidmill for 80-90 minutes and the others mostly weight lifting. I have see a big change in my body and have been down 2-3 sizes in my pants, but not on the scale (I've lost few kg, or not as many as it shows in my body and clothes). I lose in a low pace, I think because of my hashimoto.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    You are doing the best plan of all. :bigsmile: Eat healthy, low fat foods and exercise. Keep your calories to around 1200 a day. You will be amazing. :bigsmile:

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:

Keep your calories around what MFP tells you. You may need more than 1200, I know I do. They decrease as you decrease.
  • Im on 1200 calories a day, EA Active 2 workouts, no alcohol or soda and on rest days I run on the treadmill with a sweat suit...Ive lost 75lbs...but just started using this site to continue the process :)
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    i am using the shaklee cinch plan. it has helped me to get a good start on things and adjust my diet before (after my fiest child) now am using it again because it really worked for me then...now that my second child is 3.