Nurse buddies!

Options

Replies

• neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    im a shift working nurse feel free to add me :)
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nurses. I am a pediatric vent/trach nurse (LPN) and currently in school working on my 4 year RN. Feel free to add me if you would like. I normally works days but I do work the occasional night shift and boy oh boy is it hard to not eat to stay awake lol.
  • Twinsmomma27
    Options
    I am an OR nurse and work 7a-3p. Sometimes I don't even get a lunch break till 2pm! Our Cafeteria has the saddest selection of food and by 2pm all that is left to eat is fries and chicken fingers that have all been fried (boo)
    I never get a chance to even to drink water between cases! Now I pack my lunch and have a large water bottle that I keep in the break room and try to drink it when ever I can. So far I have lost 5lbs and hope to lose at least another 15lbs
    Feel free to add me!

I try to say "You can't care for others if you don't care for yourself first"
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a RN. I work in the ICU doing 12 hour night shift. I started my weight loss journey around 157 lb. I've been making slow and steady progress. Feel free to add me so that we can motivate each other.
  • fionaface
    fionaface Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am also a BSN student, and I work as a CNA. While school and work are important, the best/biggest part of my life is being a mom (and parenting my two young kids with my good-guy husband).

Nurses/fellow nursing students, please consider adding me as well. I promise I am a good/supportive friend!!!!!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Homecare nurse, so not running around all day but bad eating habits on the road. Need good snack ideas. If you are not doing this already, EAT BREAKFAST. And make sure its packed with protein!!!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a RN working on my masters to be a NP. Working in a clinic is what scared me enough to start getting healthy and losing weight, saw way too many people killing themselves. It is really hard to eat well when you are away from home for so long. I would love to be friends with more nurses on here.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Graduating in May with my BSN =) any fellow students/nurses feel free to add me
  • 321payne
    Options
    I am A nurse working 12 hour night shifts. feel free to add me
  • abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN, work 12 nights in ICU-feel ur pain. All we have to eat at night is deep fried! Feel free to add me!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse in the OR. I sent a friend request.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if there is a Nurse group on here?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if there is a Nurse group on here?

If not, someone should make one. :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    Not a nurse but a CT tech and work 12 hour shifts, so I feel your pain..

yay! me too..ct tech 12 hr night shifts..

xray rules!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I just made a group called Nurses. It is for RN's LPN's CNA's and nursing students. I hope everyone will join.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Another ICU RN checking in. I work 12 hr rotating day/night shifts. Fun times.
  • normer
    normer Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been an ER nurse for more than 10 years! Tougher yet is that I work mainly night shifts and have small(ish) kids at home.. Which meeans up all day (eating of course) and then up all night( again..more eating) Trying to figure out how to eat and be healthy and not feel hungry all night(or the need eat all night even when NOT hungry!)
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello Im a nurse for hospice cont care and I work 7p-8a. While going to school full time! Feel free to add me
  • ahersh00
    Options
    I'm a med-surg nurse working three 12 hr nights per week.... Looking to lose a LOT of weight!!!!!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a Cardiac nurse of 20 years. Very challenging to eat healthy with the workplace demands. Family members & patients always want to show their appreciation with boxes of cookies & chocolates. I now have found the willpower to say thank you for the thought and not indulge. Feel free to friend me. I really make a point of exercising intensely on my days off. I work 12 hour shifts.