Name 1 odd/unique/unusual fact about yourself

Options

Replies

• jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Me too and her whole family, they even came to my wedding! I also know my sister on my biological fathers side. Oops that was to be posted for the adopted and know my birth mother post!
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have synaesthesia ... I see words in colors ... do you know how confusing it is when the color yellow is ORANGE!!!!

Me too! Except I perceive sound as color. It gets annoying because people always ask me "so what color is my voice?"

I think that was a House episode.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    voc0mh.jpg

My eyes are ****ing enormous. It may be contrast-y (old, high school era camwhore photos haha) but that's not enhanced at all.

Just wondering....have you ever been tested for Graves Disease? That's often a symptom of bulging eyes like you have. Typically you should not see the whites above or below the iris (only on the sides of your eyes). Just wondering. :flowerforyou:

Noo... should I worry about it? I'm not usually sick besides seasonal things. Are there other symptoms?

The main symptom of Grave's is hyperthyroidism aside from the eyes. Might be worth asking a doctor just in case.

I don't really have any strange facts about myself to share. Maybe that's strange in itself.
  • eatmeingo
    Options

Just wondering....have you ever been tested for Graves Disease? That's often a symptom of bulging eyes like you have. Typically you should not see the whites above or below the iris (only on the sides of your eyes). Just wondering. :flowerforyou:

Noo... should I worry about it? I'm not usually sick besides seasonal things. Are there other symptoms?

The main symptom of Grave's is hyperthyroidism aside from the eyes. Might be worth asking a doctor just in case.

I don't really have any strange facts about myself to share. Maybe that's strange in itself.

• AngelEyes127
    Options
    voc0mh.jpg

My eyes are ****ing enormous. It may be contrast-y (old, high school era camwhore photos haha) but that's not enhanced at all.

I'm not saying you have it, but you might want to look into it.
    It's actually called Graves' ophthalmopathy and some of the symptoms are:

Bulging eyes, excess tearing, dry-irritated eyes, gritty sensation in the eyes, pressure or pain in the eyes, puffy eyelids, reddened or inflamed eyes, light sensitivity, double vision, limited eye movements-resulting in a fixed stare, blurred or reduced vision (rare), and ulcers on the cornea (rare).

There are treatment(s) for this. :flowerforyou:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I count stairs every time I go up or down them.

So do I!

Who doesn't?
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    voc0mh.jpg

I'm not saying you have it, but you might want to look into it.
    It's actually called Graves' ophthalmopathy and some of the symptoms are:

Bulging eyes, excess tearing, dry-irritated eyes, gritty sensation in the eyes, pressure or pain in the eyes, puffy eyelids, reddened or inflamed eyes, light sensitivity, double vision, limited eye movements-resulting in a fixed stare, blurred or reduced vision (rare), and ulcers on the cornea (rare).

There are treatment(s) for this. :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I definitely get dry eyes (keep my contact solution and eye drops on me at all times!) and tend to stare without realizing, but I always chalked that up to me being really easily distracted.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I do have a weird fact about myself...I don't think I've ever really followed through with anything in my life since high school. I hit a weird block at 15/16 and have never been able to break through it. I've quit two colleges, two universities, two jobs, two boyfriends and two houses in the last 8 years. Never for a good enough reason either - I'm just a quitter.
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    I wasvoted Miss Congeniality at a state pagent. I was also in the NAVY !!!!!
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Hmmmm, I have a brain injury, and yet I can beat most of my opponents in word games.
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    Oh ok I do have a weird fact about myself...I don't think I've ever really followed through with anything in my life since high school. I hit a weird block at 15/16 and have never been able to break through it. I've quit two colleges, two universities, two jobs, two boyfriends and two houses in the last 8 years. Never for a good enough reason either - I'm just a quitter.

Me :/ The only thing I can stick to is my dieting. I've dropped out of college, quit jobs... etc just because.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't grow armpit hair.

Lucky
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I can not stand those garbage cans in restaurants with the swingy door on top.( stopping to shiver and make gagging noise) I hate them. I take the tray and push it open and dump and shake till I get stuff off. And if I cann't do it that way I will put the trash in while I hold it open with the tray. If no tray I will sometimes use a napkin to hold it but I am more likely to just take the garbage with me and put it off somewhere else. And on the few occasions that the swingy thing has touched my skin( uuugh ,shiver,shiver) I wash my hand really good but catch my self hours later forcefully rubbing that spot on my skirt. That and I am an artist. I never do even numbers. If I do you can bet I missed it. Like, there are always 5 never 2 flowers. 1 never 6 clouds. Just a wee bit OCD, huh?
    Oh yea... I don't like microwaves.
  • tracidaycare
    tracidaycare Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can flip my eyelids
  • Wassleigh
    Options
    I cant stand to put my hair behind my ears. When I was a kid I would wear 4-5 shirts at once... I know; what a weirdo.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a College Basketball freak. I have spent multiple Friday nights sitting at home watching obscure low d-1 basketball games on ESPN3
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to eat Broccili Cheese soup at LEAST twice a week... and I HATE feet, they creep me out sooooo bad!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was born with only one kidney, didn't find out until I was 33. Also I can shake my eyes back and forth really fast.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    When I order a banana split I order it without the bananas......bananas and ice cream......yuck!!! LOL
  • Wassleigh
    Options
    This is such a great topic!!!