I lost my dog (Photo heavy)

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What a handsome, loving guy...I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.
    It's always hard to lose a furry family member
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh, so sad....I know you loved him so much. So happy you took (and posted) the pics of him. He felt your love.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Jake had an awesome life with people that loved him. May he rest in peace.
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful baby! It sounds like he had a great life with people who loved him. I am truly sorry for your loss and know the pain. I lost my sweet lab mix after 15 years. They become part of the family and will never be forgotten. You will be in my thoughts as will Jake. Take care and remember the good times with a dog who's life your Ma saved. That is the best feeling in the world.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Jake knew he was loved, and you loved him right to the end. You did the right thing for him even if it is so hard on you. He'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you with a big ole smile on his face and hoping you have a treat for him!
    I am so sorry for your loss, it brings tears to my eyes.
    ~Jess
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    This is heartbreaking, I am sorry for your families loss. I am so glad that he found his forever home with you guys though, as I am sure he was too. He was a beautiful dog, he just looked like such a loving happy soul.

Remember the good times - they always help when I start missing my furry siblings.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Aww, honey <3

It's the hardest thing in the world to lost your dog. They love you unconditionally and are always there for you. It was really hard for my to lose my first dog. I'd had him since I was 4 and he passed away while I was away at college. To make matters worse, he died at one of the worst times in my life. I was already seriously depressed and battling anxiety and an eating disorder, my roommate hated me, the only friend I had at that school was murdered two weeks after my dog died, and I hated the program I was in. It sucked a lot. We ended up getting a new dog who is the complete opposite of my old dog, but it still hurts to think about him...it really was like losing my little brother.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :c I am so sorry.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    all i can say is i know what your going through, I have had my babies since birth and lost 2 of them 2 years ago. it was so hard and i miss them Still. I have a 15 year old a 14 and a 9 year old and 7 and i just got a 7 week old baby. Thank you for taking in Jake he found the right home and if you get another go to the pound and get one you will be saving a life and giving a new baby a great home. I am so deeply sorry for your families loss. (((HUGS))))
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I had moved away 200miles and had to leave my baby behind as I was moving into a flat and worked all day so she (Shari) stayed with my mum. She let me know on Wed 26th Jan that it was her time and she was going to have to be put to sleep. She had gone downhill fast and thought it best before she too was in any kind of pain. I took holidays and went to see her for the last time. I took her for her last walk (she wanted to see the field that she loved playing in so much) & she took her last breath at 1230pm on the 27th (crying as I write this - still so difficult). We were lucky to have her from 12wks old to 15yrs old and she was loved so much, she was a mini human and all her antics will stay with me till the day I die. We got her cremated and I am getting some of her ashes to stay with me. This is a poem that was in the small 'chapel' where we took her and although it breaks my heart everytime I read it, has helped.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then will you do what must be done,
    For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
    But don't let grief then stay your hand,
    For on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
    You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
    When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
    Only, stay with me till the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me,
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
    It is a kindness you do to me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
    Who has to decide this thing to do;
    We've been so close, we two, these years,
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Take care and I hope you are able to remember all the good times :smile:
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your baby. I love my 2 Chihuahuas so much, and I volunteer at the local animal shelter twice a week. My heart breaks for you and I will keep you in my thoughts. Jake - - we'll see you on the Rainbow Bridge :heart:
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I am so very sorry. Dogs become such a part of our lives and it is so hard when it comes time to *make* that decision. Sometimes the cruelest thing we can do as the owner's is prolong the pain they feel.
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your baby. I love my 2 Chihuahuas so much, and I volunteer at the local animal shelter twice a week. My heart breaks for you and I will keep you in my thoughts. Jake - - we'll see you on the Rainbow Bridge :heart:

I have just this minute finished typing up the story of Rainbow Bridge! For others unaware of this please read on..........

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing – they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
    His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his lags carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

The you cross Rainbow Bridge together ..................
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. He is in a happy place and watching over you; you can be sure of that.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a family member.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Losing a pet is one of the hardest things ever. You gave him such a good long life.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    He had such a happy peaceful life thanks to you and your family...rejoice in that!

Losing a pet is so hard, but take comfort that he had the best life possible, including sleeping on a couch...

((((HUGS))))
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My heart aches for you. *hugs.*
  • bluesmokeybars
    Options
    A beautiful tribute for a beautiful boy. My condolences to you and your family.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You pup is beautiful...he was lucky to have you as his family. Let time heal your wounds, but may it never banish the memory of this beloved pup.