I lost my dog (Photo heavy)

Options

Replies

• flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I am a huge animal lover. My cat is glued to my hip... like a brother. :brokenheart:
    Again so sorry.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. Thanks to you and your family, he had a great, wonderful life full of love and care. I know how incredibly close our pets are to us. When mine gets sick, I am a mess so I can imagine what you're going through. Great tribute..and I'm sure he knows how much he was loved :heart:

So long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. [hugs]
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    OMG....that made me tear up! Thanks so much for sharing. Pets are some of the best members of our family.....losing one is just is hard! (((((hugs))))))
  • springermad
    Options
    So so so so sorry for your loss. It hurts like hell when we lose our four pawed animals. We are blesse with animals for only a short time but it doesn't help the pain when we lose them.
    Run free and rainbow bridge my darling x
  • springermad
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I had moved away 200miles and had to leave my baby behind as I was moving into a flat and worked all day so she (Shari) stayed with my mum. She let me know on Wed 26th Jan that it was her time and she was going to have to be put to sleep. She had gone downhill fast and thought it best before she too was in any kind of pain. I took holidays and went to see her for the last time. I took her for her last walk (she wanted to see the field that she loved playing in so much) & she took her last breath at 1230pm on the 27th (crying as I write this - still so difficult). We were lucky to have her from 12wks old to 15yrs old and she was loved so much, she was a mini human and all her antics will stay with me till the day I die. We got her cremated and I am getting some of her ashes to stay with me. This is a poem that was in the small 'chapel' where we took her and although it breaks my heart everytime I read it, has helped.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then will you do what must be done,
    For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
    But don't let grief then stay your hand,
    For on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
    You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
    When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
    Only, stay with me till the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me,
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
    It is a kindness you do to me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
    Who has to decide this thing to do;
    We've been so close, we two, these years,
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Take care and I hope you are able to remember all the good times :smile:

You posted the poem i was going to post, it's so true
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :( I am so sorry for your loss. Words can not express... again, I am so sorry.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    He was a very lucky dog and I'd say he loved your family for rescuing him. My dog passed away this time last year after having him for 15 years and I still miss him!

Hugs to you and your family ❤❤❤
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog inside and out.
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You can see he was well loved and had an awesome home! It is never easy to say goodbye to four legged family members. I lost my beloved 18 year old kitty to kidney disease. I miss him so! Please be comforted with how you and your family rescued him and gave him such a wonderful life.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
  • Tobefitalways
    Options
    So sorry for the loss of your dog, my dear!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    A beautiful memorial for your boy. He was loved and knew it. You were loved and knew it. That's what makes the bond so special. He is awaiting you at Rainbow Bridge... playing with my Marshall and bounding all about just knowing that he'll see you again.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks for giving the love.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :sad: so sorry for your loss. That is so sad!:cry:
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes!!! He looks like he was such a sweetie. I am very sorry for your loss :(
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. My Rocky has been gone almost 7 years now and I still get choked up when I think of him. I look at a picture of him and still feel the overwhelming need to stroke his silky fur and rub his velvet ears.

I put up his story on my rescue site when we had to say good bye and have not been able to take it down since.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA352.html
  • lost_snowboarder
    Options
    I hate to hear this. I lost my shepard over a year ago and its still hard. I foud a web site that helped me allot and they have a service every monday online. Its pet-loss.com it helped allot
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I know it's like losing a child or another family member when we lose a family pet. ({HUGS})
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss, but so happy you got 12 beautiful years with your gorgeous boy

xxxxx
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How sad to have lost your best friend :( So sorry for your family's loss.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful thought to know that he lived out a very long and happy life with you all. May you meet him at the rainbow bridge someday. :-)
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    What a beautiful story! Jake was one lucky puppy!!! And you were one lucky family to have had him in your life!