If someone called you attractive

Options

Replies

• skarr28
    Options
    I know it's meant as a compliment, but when women say it, I take it as one. When men say it, it makes me uncomfortable and doesn't have any other effect on me other than: I don't care :laugh:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Definitely a compliment. I tend to believe people if they use this word about me whereas if they said 'beautiful' or 'pretty' I'd maybe think they were just being nice. I'm not what could ever be described as beautiful, I don't have a standard pretty face but I'll take attractive. To me it means that I look good whilst not being drop dead gorgeous... a realistic compliment :smile:
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    compliment without a doubt
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    A compliment for sure !!
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Definitely a compliment. Imagine, how would someone feel if somebody says "you are not attractive".
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It's a compliment.

Just take it and love it.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    I'd take it as a compliment (and secretly fist pump in my head :laugh: )
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Someone called you attractive?....*kitten*.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    I have a low self esteem so I would think they were full of *kitten*. I say thank you, and then wonder what in the hell they were trying to kiss up for.
    Yes, this is me :)

This! well for me anyway!
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would look around to see what I was attracting. Moths? Dust? Metal shavings? Can't really think of any other context in which this would be said to me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I had a guy's wife do that yesterday as she ran her hand over my chest - right in front of him.
    And she looked at her humiliated husband, saying, "maybe this could rub off on you?"

I felt great for me - bad for him.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i probably wouldn't believe them to be honest. I'd say thanks, blush and redirect to a new subject.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I had a guy's wife do that yesterday as she ran her hand over my chest - right in front of him.
    And she looked at her humiliated husband, saying, "maybe this could rub off on you?"

What a poor *kitten*. That must have stung.

Anyway, I tend to laugh when people compliment me because I simply don't believe it >.>
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Depends on the context.... could mean just about anything!
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i would take as a compliment but think that they were just trying to be nice
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    One of my best friends is a gay man. He tells me I'm beautifull every day... He's the best thing that ever happened to my self-esteem... I figure he loves me and takes my personality into account (which is fine) - but he has no agenda (he's not trying to get me into bed), and I truly do think he believes I'm beautiful. : )
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Depends on the circumstances. Normally, I could care less whether someone considers me attractive or not. It's a totally subjective term.

I like me. But I'm not my type.
  • stormtrooper73
    Options
    oh i get that all the time............................................NOT..:sad:
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with that! Attractive is everything for me, nice voice, demeanor, mannerisms,,,,, Attractive is more hollistic than just 'pretty'. But perhaps that's just my own interpretation.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

What a poor *kitten*. That must have stung.

Anyway, I tend to laugh when people compliment me because I simply don't believe it >.>
    It's hard to get used to.
    When I was fat, I ran into a guy I hadn't seen in years, and the first thing out of his mouth was "look how fat you are!"

I smiled and acted as though I did not want to rip his lungs out.
    I enjoy the compliments today. It really feels great.
    And not just the spoken ones. People just treat you differently when you are attractive.
    Fair?
    No way,but only a fool thinks the world is fair....