Gas prices!!! What is yours today in your area!!!

Options

Replies

• jblakes2011
    jblakes2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    $3.95/gal for regular in the bay area :(
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just saw 3.77/gal in upstate NY.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    $3.59 in central North Carolina
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but I am aware of the differences in volume on either side of the pond, my calculation was like for like! (Quantity Surveyor 9 till 5 lol)
    You paid £1.65 for a litre of fuel? Was it jet fuel? :laugh: Where on earth was that?

I was under the impression that £6.24 / 4.546 was £1.37 per litre...
  • n003k
    n003k Posts: 58
    Options
    Cheapest regular around here is 3.71/gallon.

Of course, my car doesn't LIKE regular and I need to put at least 91 in it, which is 3.89/gallon cheapest. (Both are at sams club, which fortunatly I do have a membership to!)

Outside of sams club?

3.77/gallon regular, 3.99/gallon premium.

Might not be the most expensive place to get gas, but far from the cheapest...
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    $3.63 this morning in coastal NC
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but I am aware of the differences in volume on either side of the pond, my calculation was like for like! (Quantity Surveyor 9 till 5 lol)
    You paid £1.65 for a litre of fuel? Was it jet fuel? :laugh: Where on earth was that?

I was under the impression that £6.24 / 4.546 was £1.37 per litre...

A US gallon is only 3.7854118 liters, that is where the confusion seems to be.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    In the $3.40 range.

Way too high.

I remember when gas hit $2 for the first time in my lifetime in late 2004/early 2005. I thought that was too high then. I think $2 gas would be acceptable now.
  • emh15022
    emh15022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    $3.99 in Los Angeles!!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    27 cents away from Obama not getting re-elected...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    27 cents away from Obama not getting re-elected...

???

For one Obama has next to noting to do with gas prices and 2, the US has one of the lowest prices in the World
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    They should increase gas taxes and reduce income taxes.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I'm in Colorado, and I paid $2.97 on Friday, but have noticed a few stations today ranging from $3.09-$3.29. However, it's a little different in Colorado than it is everywhere else, because we don't start at the same octane level everyone else does. Our $3.29/Gallon is for 85 octane, NOT 86 or 87, which is where everyone else starts off at.
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    $3.37 in Kansas City
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    So what's your take on this? Should we drill for oil? Is it true that the reason we turned down the Keystone pipeline was because Obama uses campaign money from the environmental groups that get their money from other countires so we stay dependent on them? I don't know what to believe. I also heard it makes no sense that prices went up except that a ton of oil was brought in for a hard winter, but since we've had a mild one they jacked the prices!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    $3.99 a gallon! Cost me $65 to fill up my little LexusIS300 yesterday! :/
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    $8.24 for 1 us gallon, $100 to fill up my jeep, you should think yourselves lucky with those gas prices (I am in UK)
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Coco_Puff wrote:
    Is it true that the reason we turned down the Keystone pipeline was because Obama uses campaign money from the environmental groups that get their money from other countires so we stay dependent on them? I don't know what to believe.

It doesn't sound true. The US is dependent for oil on countries such as Venezua, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. Those countries aren't known for giving money to environmental groups.

The US has about the cheapest gas in the developed world. Reducing dependency on unstable countries means reducing demand which means increased prices.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    $3.54 Vegas area