Gas prices!!! What is yours today in your area!!!

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    $1.06/Liter or $4.24/gallon in Edmonton, AB

And we make the damn crap here :huh: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Yeah I hear that... we refine it in Houston... But we have to remember a lot of it is taxes on it too... :-/

Yeah, I just LOVE the taxes....Boo. We actually send a lot of the oil we produce down that way to get refined I wish they would build the darn Keystone pipeline already =)

It looks like that's not gonna happen while Obama is President.. I believe Obama rejected the proposal. :-/
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Tucson, Arizona and prices have jumped a bit here, too. Paid $3.17 last week at the local Costco and it was up to $3.27 over the weekend.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Where I live, I wish our prices were as cheap as you guys in the states, you pay LESS THAN HALF what we pay, we have no public transport to speak of here, no trains and often no buses, its a rural place and you need a car, it is the most expensive place for petrol (gas) in the country.

its 142.9p a litre = about £6.50 a gallon which is $10.26285 U.S. dollars

so please all spare a thought for us English people when you complain about your LOW prices...........

If it makes you feel a little better, I live in the largest city of the United State without ANY public transportion... The only transportation we have is for the older folks and handicapped and what the local mission has for the poor folk with no car at all.

You don't have buses or trains?

Nope... The only buses we see are the ones shuttling students around (whether on the university or to the local public schools)... our short sighted and very fiscally conservative voters have voted it down 3 times... :-/ We can't even get a comprehensive hike and bike plan because people around here only think of themselves and how *they* will be put out, instead of the good of the community as a whole.... They think that by creating a bus system it will raise there taxes (which it will) with no benefit (though the roads are super congested and could use to have a few cars off of them) to them... and they think it will bring crime (though I don't think as much as they think, and if we did a case study on other cities I'm sure our police officers could handle it).

Can you tell it's a sore spot with me... :wink:
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Yeah I hear that... we refine it in Houston... But we have to remember a lot of it is taxes on it too... :-/

Yeah, I just LOVE the taxes....Boo. We actually send a lot of the oil we produce down that way to get refined I wish they would build the darn Keystone pipeline already =)

It looks like that's not gonna happen while Obama is President.. I believe Obama rejected the proposal. :-/

He did, which was probably the stupidest thing he could have ever done. Instead he will continue using ocean freighters to bring oil from the middle east (because environmentally this isn't an issue:noway:) That was the main reason he denied it was because there was not enough time to do an environmental study....fml are you serious? Ah well, instead of doing something for his country and creating jobs, he will continue to pretend all is well....say no to helping Canada and the USA become closer partners, stronger partners.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    $3.34, but i think it is going to go up, tomorrow.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

He did, which was probably the stupidest thing he could have ever done. Instead he will continue using ocean freighters to bring oil from the middle east (because environmentally this isn't an issue:noway:) That was the main reason he denied it was because there was not enough time to do an environmental study....fml are you serious? Ah well, instead of doing something for his country and creating jobs, he will continue to pretend all is well....say no to helping Canada and the USA become closer partners, stronger partners.

Unfortunately, we are caught in a political crap storm that benefits no one but the political winners... It's why we aren't drilling as much here either... but is a discussion for another thread....
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, we are caught in a political crap storm that benefits no one but the political winners... It's why we aren't drilling as much here either... but is a discussion for another thread....

So true! I hate politics...they just have a tendency to rile me lol!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Where I live, I wish our prices were as cheap as you guys in the states, you pay LESS THAN HALF what we pay, we have no public transport to speak of here, no trains and often no buses, its a rural place and you need a car, it is the most expensive place for petrol (gas) in the country.

so please all spare a thought for us English people when you complain about your LOW prices...........

I'm paying 149.9p a litre because I'm not mainland UK so they add on a minimum of 8 pence for "shipping costs"
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options

If it makes you feel a little better, I live in the largest city of the United State without ANY public transportion... The only transportation we have is for the older folks and handicapped and what the local mission has for the poor folk with no car at all.

You don't have buses or trains?

Nope... The only buses we see are the ones shuttling students around (whether on the university or to the local public schools)... our short sighted and very fiscally conservative voters have voted it down 3 times... :-/ We can't even get a comprehensive hike and bike plan because people around here only think of themselves and how *they* will be put out, instead of the good of the community as a whole.... They think that by creating a bus system it will raise there taxes (which it will) with no benefit (though the roads are super congested and could use to have a few cars off of them) to them... and they think it will bring crime (though I don't think as much as they think, and if we did a case study on other cities I'm sure our police officers could handle it).

Can you tell it's a sore spot with me... :wink:

But the bus companies here are not run by the authorities, they are private companies, like the trains etc, they are not state owned at all.
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    $3.29 Jefferson City, MO
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked in the last few days but I think it's hovering around $1.30 Lt. Ridiculous. Hence, why I'm going to buy a small car next year.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm in Colorado Springs, Colorado, gas is approx $3 a gallon, last time I filled up it was about $2.80.......
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    FREE!!! Ok not really, but I don't own a car any more and the only one I'd be filling up is a GOV, so to answer your question, I don't know.
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    I just paid $3.35 this morning.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    $3.39 for Regular Unleaded in the Texas Gulf Coast area. : O
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Where I'm at in Oklahoma, it ranges from the lowest at $3.11 to the highest at $3.45.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Virginia
    $3.45 lowest
    $3.57 highest
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    $3.63
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Between $3.59-$3.65 in Jacksonville, FL
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Cheap Arco gas is $3.41 right now. I think Chevron is $3.61-ish right now :(
    (Port Orchard, WA)