Ladies-forget the men, what do you want for Vday?

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A pledge that once a month, we go on a real date where I don't have to find a babysitter. Also, a pledge that once a week, I get to have a day or evening where I can leave the house and do something fun like a dance or fitness class, coffee or dinner with friends, something where I am not with the kids and I can do my hair and makeup and wear something nice without someone's peanutbuttery hands or snotty nose ruining it.
    What am I going to get? Probably some wine and maybe chocolate and watching a movie downstairs. In our house. That I never leave.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    A break! lol. My husband to go to a country concert with me (he hates country). A clean house, a non crying child, and maybe just maybe dinner made for me lol

A BOB would be nice, or a treadmill. That way I dont have to wait around on the sitter/deal with a busted up jogger whil erunning. I bet I could shave off two minutes to a mile!
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    My fiance and I are completely opposite schedules (I work normal 9-6 but he commutes over an hour into NYC for a 11-8pm shift everyday). He doesn't get home until 10pm but since I head to the gym at 6am most mornings I'm usually in bed or getting ready to fall asleep by then.

SO! He's taking a half day at work and going to have my favorite meal prepared when I get back from work. Honestly, a week night watching our favorite movies & eating a nice dinner is all I want. I'm very excited for tomorrow night!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I want a ruger 9mm SR9.

Nothing says love like a new firearm!! :love:

I got my wife a Bersa .380 2 years ago for Mother's Day. She still hasn't fired it. Maybe I should get her a gift card for an hour at the range for VD? :happy:

You totally should! I have that gun, and I really like it. Perfect for concealed carry.
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I honestly would love to get a card. Just a card, I don't need anything else.
    I won't be getting one though.. Boyfriend just doesn't care this year.

We are going to a special concert that I won us tickets to... It's not the same though.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Okay, well as pathetic as this sounds, I'd love someone to come clean my house and send me to the spa for the day.

Where do I sign up?
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    A day off from 'real life' and everything it entails. Stress is pretty overwhelming right now, so having a complete escape would be nice, if just for a day.

^^ this
    A happy ending! When is it again?

and this ^^
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    For me the day doesn't exist and I don't know what significance it holds.

If i had a woman i would show her my love in my way consistently, rather than once a year.

Exactly. Why should a calendar dictate when you do or say nice things to the one you love? And only one time a year??? No thanks.
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A pledge that once a month, we go on a real date where I don't have to find a babysitter. Also, a pledge that once a week, I get to have a day or evening where I can leave the house and do something fun like a dance or fitness class, coffee or dinner with friends, something where I am not with the kids and I can do my hair and makeup and wear something nice without someone's peanutbuttery hands or snotty nose ruining it.
    What am I going to get? Probably some wine and maybe chocolate and watching a movie downstairs. In our house. That I never leave.

Amen!!! My husband is so busy with 2 full time jobs and being a full time student with 4 24 hour clinical shifts a week that I don't get to see him hardly at all. I'm home all the time with the kids (which I don't mind, I love my kids to pieces), but I long for the saturday mornings that I get to go to Zumba for an hour and the twice a year that I get to go away with my sister to a weekend long scrapbooking retreat!

As for this Valentine's Day, I would love a massage or a new car seat for my baby girl (sounds silly, but I can't carry her in her infant seat anymore - she's too heavy!). I won't hold my breath for the massage since I flat out tell him this for my birthday and christmas every year and he never comes through. I will get the car seat though, thank goodness for the Babies R Us trade in event! Ha!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE for the furnace guy to hurry up and get his butt here.. It's a bit too cold out 22 to be without heat...lol OHHH the joys of home ownership...lol (and growing up)
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    To get acceptance into a PhD program
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    slide_208647_680025_large.jpg
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Okay, well as pathetic as this sounds, I'd love someone to come clean my house and send me to the spa for the day.

This is EXACTLY what I want!!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sex...

And then a cooked meal...a healthy one of course :wink:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Sex...

And then a cooked meal...a healthy one of course :wink:

hahahahahahah Sounds Like Morgan
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    this i sooooo NOT Valentine's appropriate. But when hubby asked what I wanted... instead of chocolate or even a mani/pedi, I had him order me a HRM! I got the pink Polar ft4. I am so excited. When I told my mom.. she thought I was crazy. It should arrive this week!

And my friends have decided I am a MFP addict. Sorry, but it's working!!

I bought my own HRM and it's on the delivery truck as I type!!! I'm SO excited.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A winning lotto or powerball ticket... I'm not picky :smile: I have everything else. A husband who I LOVE and who loves me and two kids who we adore :heart:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I want my partner to be happy! That is what I'll be truly happy for. She's been having a rough time for a couple of months from harrassment at work and a smile on her face would be the perfect gift for me. Hoping to be able to take her out after her drs. appt.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just want lots of flowers delivered to my office. Maybe some Chocolate Strawberries. :)

Haha, that would be so nice and flashy :D But, I'll skip on the chocolate, I still have tons of truffles from christmas gifts in the freezer :P
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I want to wake to a champagne breakfast in bed, my Husband to tell me he has booked the day off as a surprise, a nice bit of post champagne breakfast naughties, maybe some new underwear, some ivory roses,and a pearl bracelet, then being whisked off for a lovely romantic meal in a local pub with open fires and flagstone floors, then a walk and home for an early night..more champagne......and...more....