Guy Question about workout side effects

Options
*Disclaimer* This seems like a joke thread, but I am being completely serious. If you don't want to talk about grown up stuff, don't read anymore.

It can't be worse than all the damn period threads.

I've noticed that after a long strenuous workout where I have been doing lots of cardio, when I have sex within a few hours of it, I have MUCH more stamina and lasting power. In addition, it seems to stay considerably harder for considerably longer. Sometimes, it doesn't even go down in between "Shots on goal". I've noticed that I can last longer as well (which isn't a problem I have to begin with)

Is this something that is all in my head (pun not intended) or is this a real physical thing that happens to men?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?
    Yep the halftime show is quick but, the rest of the game is action packed and seems to last awhile. After doing cardio then playing the game there aren't any timeouts and penalties are nonexistent.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Jumping in where I don't belong...

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:
  • Legalchica
    Options

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:
    ^^^^^^ ME!
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    LMAO! The wife and I were just having this conversation this past weekend. Needless to say she not only loves that I'm losing some wieght but loves it even more when we play ball :)!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ ME!

Yes. More research is definitely needed. :laugh:
  • newfieborn
    Options
    Bump
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't have personal experience with this, but it DOES seem logical, since cardio increases blood flow due to your heart working harder. Plus, the addional endorphin rush (which I find lasts for quite a while after cardio) could contribute. Finally, although my equipment is clearly different, I've often found my libido increases after really fantastic workouts.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't have personal experience with this, but it DOES seem logical, since cardio increases blood flow due to your heart working harder. Plus, the addional endorphin rush (which I find lasts for quite a while after cardio) could contribute. Finally, although my equipment is clearly different, I've often found my libido increases after really fantastic workouts.

I was going to say...different equipment, but increased game play for the ladies as well.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

pssssh. eff your science.

oh, so this morning, definitively pulled off a no-huddle offensive play that resulted in a quick drive and a touchdown before the defense was completely set up.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's badass how this whole conversation is in sports metaphors.

God, I love this community.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    oh, so this morning, definitively pulled off a no-huddle offensive play that resulted in a quick drive and a touchdown before the defense was completely set up.

Did the defense know there was a game going on, or were they still doing pre-game warmups?
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I'm interested in someone showing me this play-by-play...
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    It's badass how this whole conversation is in sports metaphors.

God, I love this community.

Hahaha
  • Avalonis
    Options

I suppose I could teach you how the game works.

Obviously, full contact might cause tears and other injuries, but I can be a gentle coach.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My husband has been sick but promised he would start working out when he was better. Surgery was Friday and he is clear to play starting this Friday. MORE than excited to see how his game will be now.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

I suppose I could teach you how the game works.

Obviously, full contact might cause tears and other injuries, but I can be a gentle coach.

go big or go home. Full contact is it
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I noticed after lifting wights, my grip strength has increased.

does this count?
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options

pssssh. eff your science.

Though we play from different field houses, nah... Screw it. He did mention something about this being an adult topic, so the use of sports metaphors, while humorous, are unnecessary. I'm from the geek squad, and say sports are way over-rated. :wink:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    After going on a run of any considerable length, I will warn my "opponent" that the game is very likely going to go into overtime before the winner is crowned. Sometimes several overtimes.