Guy Question about workout side effects

Options

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Since training harder, I've noticed my A-game is far better than it used to be. It seems that more tricky maneuvers are easier, even when it calls for more flexibility.

Since my coach also works out, the plays tend to happen back to back, and are always no-holds-barred.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    I noticed after lifting wights, my grip strength has increased.

does this count?

:laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?

I insist. Only way to be men about it.

Problem I've been having is the game keeps going in to overtime and the fans (fan) aren't exactly loving it. They've historically preferred fast paced games that wrap up quick. Also the increased size of the bat is a bit much for some old school fans (fan) who think the bat was big enough in the old days and now it just hurts the ball too much.

What I'm saying is not all fans of the game like the new rules put in place. And they complain to the Commissioner. A LOT!

:frown: :grumble:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Normaly I make it to the goal before the other team gets out of the huddle :smokin:

on a more technical note, it could be due to an increase in test from all the exercise.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    There is no question that better fitness leads to better hit'n-this...

Endurance, stamina, durability, volume, distance, time in service... all better with less weight holding you back.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    *wildly waving hand in the air*

Volunteer here!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    What I'm saying is not all fans of the game like the new rules put in place. And they complain to the Commissioner. A LOT!

New fans needed. Fans are supposed to be supportive of the local players.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Going into OT can be exhausting.......but SO worth it.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    I'm interested in someone showing me this play-by-play...

I suppose I could teach you how the game works.

Obviously, full contact might cause tears and other injuries, but I can be a gentle coach.

go big or go home. Full contact is it

HAHAHA I'm In!! are we playing teams?? or just one on one?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I keep hearing that...

I guess some fans long for the days of Babe Ruth and don't really like to watch a player like Derek Jeter.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I also don't belong here ... but when my husband gets back from playing a couple hours of basketball --> ahhhhhhhhmazing!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Obviously, full contact might cause tears and other injuries, but I can be a gentle coach.

Teams is always good. Sometimes when I need a break I like to tag team out.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?

I insist. Only way to be men about it.

Problem I've been having is the game keeps going in to overtime and the fans (fan) aren't exactly loving it. They've historically preferred fast paced games that wrap up quick. Also the increased size of the bat is a bit much for some old school fans (fan) who think the bat was big enough in the old days and now it just hurts the ball too much.

:frown: :grumble:
    It's official. My SO is now required to workout every day. Strenuously. Can I just tell him I've recently become a fan of baseball, or do I actually have to explain the rules?
  • newfieborn
    Options
    Never tried the team thing but sounds great!!!!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I'm experiencing these benefits as well...
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I keep hearing that...

I guess some fans long for the days of Babe Ruth and don't really like to watch a player like Derek Jeter.

One fan can, of course, not speak for another (or shouldn't, at any rate) but this one has to agree with Mr. Avalonis. Clearly, your fans are whack.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Jumping in where I don't belong...

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:
    ^^^^^^ ME!

Yes. More research is definitely needed. :laugh:

To keep with the sports metaphors...Ladies I don't think you are jumping in where you don't belong as much as cheer-leading on conversation/concept...

I mean if I can manage to use sports metaphors anyone can (don't really watch sports although sometimes play, but mostly a nerd...no, this part in parenthesis is not meant as a metaphor)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Jumping in where I don't belong...

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:

uuuuhh.. yup.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Teams is always good. Sometimes when I need a break I like to tag team out.

LOL...never actually tried the team concept. I'm usually a one on one person, could be fun though...
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I needed this thread after the day i've had! Thank you!! :drinker: