Guy Question about workout side effects

Options

Replies

• mccgivens
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?

I insist. Only way to be men about it.

Problem I've been having is the game keeps going in to overtime and the fans (fan) aren't exactly loving it. They've historically preferred fast paced games that wrap up quick. Also the increased size of the bat is a bit much for some old school fans (fan) who think the bat was big enough in the old days and now it just hurts the ball too much.

What I'm saying is not all fans of the game like the new rules put in place. And they complain to the Commissioner. A LOT!

:frown: :grumble:
    It's official. My SO is now required to workout every day. Strenuously. Can I just tell him I've recently become a fan of baseball, or do I actually have to explain the rules?
    [/qu

Both!
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This thread has made me so happy! (and it's a little bit funny too - in a nice way! )
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Problem I've been having is the game keeps going in to overtime and the fans (fan) aren't exactly loving it. They've historically preferred fast paced games that wrap up quick. Also the increased size of the bat is a bit much for some old school fans (fan) who think the bat was big enough in the old days and now it just hurts the ball too much.

What I'm saying is not all fans of the game like the new rules put in place. And they complain to the Commissioner. A LOT!

Just have to make sure you make the game interesting - a one trick pony gets old but a circus of several acts can keep your fans revved!

(do circus metaphors count instead of sports?)
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    To the OP.

It's the same here. I can play more minutes after a work out and the other team has noticed it.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That's it. I'm definitely going to meet my next boyfriend at the gym!! Forget 5 workouts a week, I'm going 7 days now!! Can't meet him if I'm not there, right?? lol
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes I totally agree Av! Right after a great workout/cardio bike ride, EVERY game is like the Super Bowl these days! High scoring games too!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I find myself more interested in sports after reading this thread than I ever have been before...
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I noticed after lifting wights, my grip strength has increased.

does this count?

LMAO
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    *wildly waving hand in the air*

Volunteer here!

^^^^LOL!! I'm with her. Now I know I need to find a man that works out.....:wink:

I love that you guys used sports metaphors for the whole thing. Just too awesome!! :laugh:
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I usually play the role of catcher, and before I started working out, I didn't really feel like playing baseball very often. But now that I am working out I find that not only do I want to play more, but I often get on the pitchers mound, if you know what I am saying.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My only concern is that my mitt got smaller when I got fit, so although part of me really wants my husband to work out to get some of the benefits, another part of me worries that I might not be able to catch quite as comfortably if he increases the length of the innings or number of at-bats.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My only concern is that my mitt got smaller when I got fit, so although part of me really wants my husband to work out to get some of the benefits, another part of me worries that I might not be able to catch quite as comfortably if he increases the length of the innings or number of at-bats.

It's important to oil your mitt, to help break it in.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I usually play the role of catcher, and before I started working out, I didn't really feel like playing baseball very often. But now that I am working out I find that not only do I want to play more, but I often get on the pitchers mound, if you know what I am saying.

im not sure if you're talking about changing play position, or playing for the other team...
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options

im not sure if you're talking about changing play position, or playing for the other team...

Play position. I normally just lay there and pretend to enjoy myself. Now I actually get on top and participate.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options

I've noticed my mitt got smaller too.
  • aamon17
    aamon17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ladies & gentlemen: <<in my SNL Chico Escuela voice>>

“Beis-bol been berry, BERRY good to me!”

Tht is all!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Got to get a babysitter. Hubby is going to the gym tonight!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to get my hubby to they gym!! ASAP!!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread ever lol
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i too have noticed i don't need that many commercial time outs in between plays.

can we have this conversation in only sports metaphors?

:frown: :grumble:
    Maybe you arent warming up the fans enough.. the more a fan is warmed up the better they can respond to the players..