I don't make friends easily...

Options

Replies

• mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am just picturing the whole lot of us sitting in a room together, staring at our toes!

Standing because no-one would be willing to be the first one to sit down... :)
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am just picturing the whole lot of us sitting in a room together, staring at our toes!

things might get a little more lively if we run out of wall space and have to fight for it rather than hang out in the center of the room :laugh:
  • kathymr23
    kathymr23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! When I started reading the first paragraph, I thought I had written it but couldn't remember when! That is exactly me. Thanks for sharing.
  • becjerami
    Options

things might get a little more lively if we run out of wall space and have to fight for it rather than hang out in the center of the room :laugh:

Hhahaha, both of the above! But then I'd have to initiate something, because that's what I usually do when I see no one else will!
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I spose thats why i am a guys girl..always fit in better with the dudes..

Same here. I have always gotten along better with guys. So much so, my husband's best friend calls me "bro". LOL

Haha thats awsome! my bf's coworkers all call me dude.or bro-chacho!
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    WOW! This could have been ME writing this!! :happy:
    I have never made friends easily. since i was a child i have been a loner. I've had friends in my life, but it was fleeting and for the most part they were not nice people. I don't currently have any real life friends. my husband has friends in our neighborhood, and their wives are very nice people that i get along with, but we're not what i would call friends.

i think my problem is that i'm not that girly. i don't like talking on the phone for hours, i don't even have a cell phone to text on. i don't like shopping, i hate shoes. the wives of my husbands friends all like to shop and gossip, and that's just not for me.

i tend to be sarcastic. i don't share my feelings easily.

i do listen well. i have great advice if needed, or i just have an ear if someone needs to talk. i do my best to be a good friend when i have the opportunity..

i want to have friends. i want to be useful in the world.. i don't mean to scare people off, i just want to be honest.

if i haven't scared you off, please feel free to add me, i'll do my best to be helpful.

thank yo u
    et
  • debster12363
    Options
    Oh, singing to the choir here!

I have ONE friend here in Canada, ONE in Texas (my two besties) and a few in New Jersey (where I am originally from). Otherwise, I can be friendly to people but just can't seem to form any real connections.

I have been told that people think I am aloof or stuck up, when in all honesty, I am just SHY! I mean, stuck up? I have such
    low self-esteem that thinking I am better than anyone else is the last thing on my mind. Which causes me to fumble with what
    to say to anyone.

I am not a girlie-girl in the sense of make-up, jewellry, fashion, shoes etc. I am not a tom-boy either, though. I am.....ME!

I think I tend to hold people at a distance until I am sure of them, though. I mean, I have formed what I believed were true friendships and been stabbed in the back and dumped so many times that I am very cautious.

Feel free to add me as a friend :) I will do my best if you will!!!

Debbie
  • mommysews67
    mommysews67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You soooooo sound like me. I would love to friend you because I bet that you and I would really understand each other.
  • jbescherer
    jbescherer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I learned a while back that you get what you give. I am not a girly girl, in fact my boyfriend teases that I have too much testosterone since I am happier fishing, tiling and doing typical guy things. I have also had careers that are male oriented ( Navy, Police Officer, Engineer) I'm not a huge shopper, usually because I don’t like to see my money fly out of my wallet! .. and when I'm heavy I hate everything I put on! (that is another topic ;-)
    Anyway I do have many friends however most have been accumulated since I grew comfortable with me and have taken responsibility for me and my choices. I realized that if everyone is pissing me off, it is not them, it is ME! I ask for constructive criticism when I am afraid that I may have come off wrong or be out of line and I use that to grow as a better person. But mainly I have started putting myself out there and I work really hard to be positive and not negative. This was not easy because I come from a back ground of complainers. So look at who you most admire and work to be like that person and list those qualities, after all if you look up to this person or these traits then you will feel better about yourself when taking on those attributes. Make small steps on being that quality person in all aspects of your life and love yourself for all your hard work.

I’m here if you would like to friend me! I like to cheer on!!!
    And be cheered on!
    Best wishes to you!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

i think my problem is that i'm not that girly. i don't like talking on the phone for hours, i don't even have a cell phone to text on. i don't like shopping, i hate shoes. the wives of my husbands friends all like to shop and gossip, and that's just not for me.

Are you an Aquarian???

I can't really relate to this topic as I've always made friends easily & it's not because I like shoes (I don't unless they are runners), I'm FAR from girly. I don't wear make up on a daily basis & doing my hair consists of washing it, brushing it & then throwing it in a pony tail. I hate talking on the phone because that is what I do for a job. I only go shopping when I absolutely have to BUT I have a lot of friends both from school, work & social situations. Surely you must like tv, movies, books, music something, anything that you might have in common with other people?

Hopefully you can make some friends with similar interests/personalities because I could imagine life could be a little bit lonely at times, unless however, you enjoy your own company.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

:laugh: Having flashbacks to middle school dances now! This is hilarious :laugh:
  • becjerami
    Options

Are you an Aquarian???

Lol, geez is that relevant? I'm an Aquarian...
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whatcha like? I'm huge into PARANORMAL ROMANCE. My favorite authors are J.R Ward (The Blackdagger Brotherhood) and Kresley Cole (The Immortals after dark). Each time I have reccommended these to patrons they have come back begging me to find them more books. LOL Some other good series are: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Steig Larsson , The Hunger Games By Suzzanne Collins, The Janet Evanovich Books, Gah.....there are soooo many.

I love paranormal romance. I will have to look up some of those titles.

Prepare to become addicted! :laugh:
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of friends here! Good luck.
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I learned a while back that you get what you give. I am not a girly girl, in fact my boyfriend teases that I have too much testosterone since I am happier fishing, tiling and doing typical guy things. I have also had careers that are male oriented ( Navy, Police Officer, Engineer) I'm not a huge shopper, usually because I don’t like to see my money fly out of my wallet! .. and when I'm heavy I hate everything I put on! (that is another topic ;-)
    Anyway I do have many friends however most have been accumulated since I grew comfortable with me and have taken responsibility for me and my choices. I realized that if everyone is pissing me off, it is not them, it is ME! I ask for constructive criticism when I am afraid that I may have come off wrong or be out of line and I use that to grow as a better person. But mainly I have started putting myself out there and I work really hard to be positive and not negative. This was not easy because I come from a back ground of complainers. So look at who you most admire and work to be like that person and list those qualities, after all if you look up to this person or these traits then you will feel better about yourself when taking on those attributes. Make small steps on being that quality person in all aspects of your life and love yourself for all your hard work.
    @ jbescherer - good advice! Thanks for a thoughtful post. It sounds like we're similar in a lot of ways (I'm also an engineer!), but I'm working on making more friends and will try to follow your advice. :smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have never made friends easily. since i was a child i have been a loner. I've had friends in my life, but it was fleeting and for the most part they were not nice people. I don't currently have any real life friends. my husband has friends in our neighborhood, and their wives are very nice people that i get along with, but we're not what i would call friends.

i tend to be sarcastic. i don't share my feelings easily.

i do listen well. i have great advice if needed, or i just have an ear if someone needs to talk. i do my best to be a good friend when i have the opportunity..

i want to have friends. i want to be useful in the world.. i don't mean to scare people off, i just want to be honest.

if i haven't scared you off, please feel free to add me, i'll do my best to be helpful.

thank yo u
    et
    @ clydethecat - it not easy for me to make new friends either. Feel free to add me!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Your description sounds a LOT like me. I'm amused and adding you. :P
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too. I hate to say it since I, like you, am not that outgoing either we probably won't converse much. How friendly is that? :huh:

I hope my post comes off as funny which is how I intended.
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I spose thats why i am a guys girl..always fit in better with the dudes..

Same here. I have always gotten along better with guys. So much so, my husband's best friend calls me "bro". LOL

Haha thats awsome! my bf's coworkers all call me dude.or bro-chacho!

Yep, the hubs calls me dude all the time. :)
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the same way, just in person. People think I'm an odd duck for many reasons...

I'd be glad to befriend and support you here.

~katie