Intermittent Fasting

Options

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Quick question - during your rest days, how much do you eat compared to you workout days ? I know we cut down on carbs, and higher fats - while proteins remains high. But what percentage are we talking about in rest days ?
    Thanks
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Rest days : -20% of BMR
    Work out days : +20% of BMR
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Ok looks like on rest days many people eat under maintenance, @ 90 seems good :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options

You mean TDEE ?
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do a partial fast at least once a week its not a complete fast, I still intake about 300 calories for the whole 24 hours, which is about 1500 calories below my normal calorie intake and the day I pick for the fast is usually my biggest work out day about 1700 calorie burn day so not sure if that is smart, but it dose not bother me as long as I take enough protein supplements(thus the 300 calories) and I do end up losing about 3-4 1bs that day, but gain it back the following day, after consuming my normal calorie intake, but the benefit is great , I dont seem as tired and muscle replenish rate seems higher(thus no long standing aches and pains)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    whoooooooooops yes thats what i meant :)
  • Jingram2b
    Options
    NM
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang,

Has anyone tried or had experiences with IF as a way to promote fat loss?...especially the last 10-15 pounds...I'm reading a lot of research on the internet that supports IF as a legitimate way to lose weight....Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks.

-Rob

I stopped reading before the first page.

My thoughts on it are this:
    its uncomfortable for most people the first week or so.. after that people generally fall into two groups.

**they love it and its extremely easy for them. they remain energetic and very happy. IF works great for these people.

**they hate it, it makes them moody and uncomfortable. they may get cold easily. attitude changes.. some people stress thinking about food all day, etc.. IF doesnt work at all for these people.

Just try it and see if you like it. If it works for you, great! its easy to stick to and it does work.. If it doesnt work for you, theres a million other options to try, just move on.
  • bluezy83
    Options
    I have completed 5 days of 12/12x2 and 16/8x2 and yesterday doing 20/4 working out during two of those days and I have lost 5lbs. I saw above that after doing the big fast you lose 3lbs. Is there a way to keep it off for the coming days? Today am doing a 12/12 again
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I have completed 5 days of 12/12x2 and 16/8x2 and yesterday doing 20/4 working out during two of those days and I have lost 5lbs. I saw above that after doing the big fast you lose 3lbs. Is there a way to keep it off for the coming days? Today am doing a 12/12 again

don't weigh in every day
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    That is for a recomp.

Most do deficits for both days.

Rest Days: -20
    Workout Days: -10

Or

Rest Days: -30
    Workout Days: +10

You have to find what works for you.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    You want to establish a normal pattern. You're jumping around too much.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't really agree with this because when you fast you spike your insulin levels and when you finally eat because of the high insulin levels everything you eat gets stored as fat in the body.... not a good idea
    lol... What the hell? come on people. This place is starting to remind me of all the other forums. What are you talking about? Geez. This comment is almost unbelievable. Everyone please ignore it. sorry.
  • ItsANewMe2012
    Options
    Bump to read through later.
  • Agean42
    Options
    Bump !!
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Stupid q's that I couldn't work out from the leangains site or the thread...

- is there a particular trigger or set of circumstances in which you should consider IF? Many of the posters in this thread seem to be in the low BF% range and cut like frickin marble sculptures; is there still significant benefit if you're (m) and >20% BF?

- are there prereqs for IF - ie should there be a set of steps you should carry out before considering IF?

- those married or with SOs - were they supportive? unsupportive? weirded out?
  • AntWrig
    Options
    Stupid q's that I couldn't work out from the leangains site or the thread...

- is there a particular trigger or set of circumstances in which you should consider IF? Many of the posters in this thread seem to be in the low BF% range and cut like frickin marble sculptures; is there still significant benefit if you're (m) and >20% BF?

- are there prereqs for IF - ie should there be a set of steps you should carry out before considering IF?

- those married or with SOs - were they supportive? unsupportive? weirded out?
    1.Starting weight means nothing.
    2. Adhere to the 16/8 window
  • bluezy83
    Options
    You want to establish a normal pattern. You're jumping around too much.

Any suggestions?
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    So let me get this right.. When you fast you still eat your entire day's calories but before/after the fast..

so say if I did 5pm today til 5pm tomorrow then I'll have all of my calories today before 5 and tomorrow after 5.. giving me a 24 hour break?

Do certain times make a difference? Say if you did 10am to 10am the next day.. And also I assume you eat nothing and just drink water?

Just doing my initial research as I'm hoping this can help boost me out of this horrible plateau I'm in.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated