Intermittent Fasting

12346»

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    So let me get this right.. When you fast you still eat your entire day's calories but before/after the fast..

so say if I did 5pm today til 5pm tomorrow then I'll have all of my calories today before 5 and tomorrow after 5.. giving me a 24 hour break?

Do certain times make a difference? Say if you did 10am to 10am the next day.. And also I assume you eat nothing and just drink water?

Just doing my initial research as I'm hoping this can help boost me out of this horrible plateau I'm in.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated
    It depends on the fasting method. I do 16 hours fast and 8 hours eating. Sometimes I do 24 hours fasting. I do that due to my work schedule. I would suggest www.leangains.com
  • I just finished my first week of IF and i have noticed that my tummy especially is starting to get much flatter and even start to get some definition. Also i dont plan my fast until i start feeling hungry on the day and work from there loving it so far
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    So let me get this right.. When you fast you still eat your entire day's calories but before/after the fast..

so say if I did 5pm today til 5pm tomorrow then I'll have all of my calories today before 5 and tomorrow after 5.. giving me a 24 hour break?

Do certain times make a difference? Say if you did 10am to 10am the next day.. And also I assume you eat nothing and just drink water?

Just doing my initial research as I'm hoping this can help boost me out of this horrible plateau I'm in.

I do 2 x 24 hour fasts a week and I don't eat my entire days calories at the end of the fast. I just eat a small to moderate dinner, like I normally would. You have to be careful that you don't cancel out your deficit by overeating after you complete your fast. You should resume normal eating the next day however. With lean gains, I understand you eat an entire days worth of calories in 8 hours. So you get the benefits of fasting (accelerated fat burning etc) by fasting for 16 hours, but you don't care the deficit you do with Eat Stop Eat.

Also I would recommend reading Eat Stop Eat on Lean Gains website thoroughly before beginning so you can understand what to do and why you're doing it :)
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Good thread guys. I would highly recommend trying it - it works so well and is very easy to structure around most people's working day. Also saves money and stops you having to force down breakfast like every other diet says you should.

Join the IF group - there are good posters over there and it is a nice community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member

I do 2 x 24 hour fasts a week and I don't eat my entire days calories at the end of the fast. I just eat a small to moderate dinner, like I normally would. You have to be careful that you don't cancel out your deficit by overeating after you complete your fast. You should resume normal eating the next day however. With lean gains, I understand you eat an entire days worth of calories in 8 hours. So you get the benefits of fasting (accelerated fat burning etc) by fasting for 16 hours, but you don't care the deficit you do with Eat Stop Eat.

Also I would recommend reading Eat Stop Eat on Lean Gains website thoroughly before beginning so you can understand what to do and why you're doing it :)

Also, is drinking tea/coffee allowed? I've been fasting for 19 hours now and I am really craving some caffeine!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member

Also, is drinking tea/coffee allowed? I've been fasting for 19 hours now and I am really craving some caffeine!

Black tea/coffee is perfectly fine as the number of cals in it are negligible. I wouldn't add milk or anything though.