THE ULTIMATE MOM'S MAKE OVERS! (Post pics)

Options

Replies

• Steph62002
    Options
    I'm 32 years old and the mom of two boys, ages 3 and 7. I was at my heaviest weight after the birth of my second child in 2008. I went from 227 lbs and am at 128 right now. Just 1 pound shy of losing a total of 100!
    I workout at home and haven't stepped foot in a gym in years. There are tons of excuses to use as to why you can't make it to the gym (weather, traffic, etc) I have NO excuse to not walk down my hall and push play.
    Keep up the hard work ladies!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Bump!
  • UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You ALL look amazing! Good Job and keep up the good work!
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    Best.Thread.Ever.

I'm a mom to an almost 3-year-old, gained 100 pounds during pregnancy (!), and have about 40 pounds to get back to my healthiest, lowest weight I've been.

I want to have another child in the next couple of years, so it's really important I'm at a fighting weight when (crossing fingers) I get pregnant again!

:)
  • somerreese
    Options
    bump
  • tdyer10
    tdyer10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!Amazing photos!!! Loads of Inspiration!!! Love it...Thanks so much for sharing the journey!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just did mine, too! hahaha

2 c-sections, 34 yrs old, 5ft 4.5inches tall, heaviest: 197(ish) lbs today: 146.2 lbs

BeforetoFeb.jpg

BeforetoFebside.jpg

Wow you look fantastic - I also have had two c- sections! But I know my body will not look like yours, congrats!!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm up a bit now, but this was last spring. I started in December 2005 after my mom's heart attack death. I was at 245 then. The first picture here was when ODS was 2 months old. I've had two more kids (all three via c-section) in there. I got to that weight in January 2010 or so then have been up a bit and down again since then...mostly maintaining.

260to150.jpg

Wow Fantastic - I hope to get to your size soon!
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! Hopefully I will be posting me before and afters soon! I have 3 kids :)
  • melannmc23
    Options
    WOW...What an inspiration:) So glad I joined:)

I just did mine, too! hahaha

2 c-sections, 34 yrs old, 5ft 4.5inches tall, heaviest: 197(ish) lbs today: 146.2 lbs

BeforetoFeb.jpg

BeforetoFebside.jpg
    [/quote]

OMG sooooooooo inspiring! This is EXACTLY where I WILL be!!!
    [/quote]
  • woodstockmom
    woodstockmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    amazing!! You look great!!!
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, the youngest by c-section and he is 10 months old. When I was 2 weeks postpartum with my 2nd child, I was in a bad car wreck and put on strict limitation (wasn't even allowed to carry her.) I went through 4+ years of chronic spine pain and extremely limited activity. I had major spine surgery, then went on to have one more baby! If I can do this, anyone can. I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 140. I used my starting weight on MFP as my weight from my 6 week postpartum check up, as I had lost the baby weight that comes off easy (I actually gained 8 lbs back in my postpartum period.) If you would like a more detailed account of what I did, I have an entire write up email (with lots of pictures) I can send you, just message me your email address.

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/WeightFeb12001-1.jpg[/img]

What an great job. I am battling spine problems my self and am in alot of pain all the time. I have two ruptured discs a bone spur on one of them and a cracked spine. I used to run and exericse all the time but now I hurt and I'm kinda scared to do anything that might cause more pain. If you wouldnt mind sharing with me what you did I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,
    Angie

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/Weight2Feb001.jpg[/img]
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • favoredmindy
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! Trying hard to fight the temptation of using diet supplements to kick my weight loss up a notch. But I want to change my lifestyle for good, and not have to be dependant on a pill for my success. I'm a 'stay in the van' mom of a 15 year old boy and 13 year old girl. They really need me to be a role model for them in this area. Not quite ready for before and after pics, but my wedding rings sure do come on and off a lot easier now!! Keep it up ladies.
  • paperlovesink
    Options
    amazing job!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, the youngest by c-section and he is 10 months old. When I was 2 weeks postpartum with my 2nd child, I was in a bad car wreck and put on strict limitation (wasn't even allowed to carry her.) I went through 4+ years of chronic spine pain and extremely limited activity. I had major spine surgery, then went on to have one more baby! If I can do this, anyone can. I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 140. I used my starting weight on MFP as my weight from my 6 week postpartum check up, as I had lost the baby weight that comes off easy (I actually gained 8 lbs back in my postpartum period.) If you would like a more detailed account of what I did, I have an entire write up email (with lots of pictures) I can send you, just message me your email address.

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/WeightFeb12001-1.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/Weight2Feb001.jpg[/img]

What an great job. I am battling spine problems my self and am in alot of pain all the time. I have two ruptured discs a bone spur on one of them and a cracked spine. I used to run and exericse all the time but now I hurt and I'm kinda scared to do anything that might cause more pain. If you wouldnt mind sharing with me what you did I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,
    Angie

Angie,
    I went through 3 years of conservative therapy trying everything under the sun. This is my signature, of all the treatments I've done, from the spine forum I'm on: 31 years old- 1/06- In wreck with 18 wheeler at 25 years old; 6/06- Head on collision on Interstate, both wrecks other drivers fault. Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc at 29 years old. Pain and medication free as of October 2010!Mommy to Emma- 8 years, Ava- 6 years & had baby Eli after ADR, via c-section on March 25, 2011 , completely pain free still! Here's a link to my post surgery story.... it's long. http://www.spinepatientsociety.org/forum/surgical-outcomes/l4-l5-active-l-3-17-09-dr-rolando-garcia-87/

Long story short, lots of treatments and nothing worked. By the time I went in for surgery there was nothing else left to try. Doctors had told me I needed chronic pain management and would never be out of pain, work again or function normally again. I then found out about the surgery I had, began research and figured it was worth a shot. I had 3 herniations in my discs (L3/4, L4/5 and L5/S1). My L4/5 was ripped in half and dead (black, not full of fluid like a healthy disc.) My L4/5 had degenerative disc disease, which basically means it's shot, arthritic and so on. I only had that level operated on, as the surgeon believed that it was my pain generator (luckily he was right!) They went in through my stomach, to my spine, removed the entire old disc, smoothed the bone and put in an implant (two pieces of metal with a polyurethane core.) It was 18 months of healing and the pain got worse before it got better. I was couch bound for awhile... that's how I found out that you could lose weight with diet and no exercise (not that it's a good idea, but if you are physically unable to exercise or it makes it worse, then it's not worth it.) I hated when I would do something and then have to 'pay for it' for days with extra pain. I still have the 2 herniations above and below my surgery level, bone spurs and arthritis, but it's nothing compared to where I've been. I had my baby after surgery and it was the easiest pregnancy of all, first c-section and it was cake, apparently being in chronic pain gives you a high pain tolerance. Check out spinepatientsociety.org for more information and lots of knowledgeable people who are going through the same thing as you. No one can truly get what it's like to live in chronic pain, unless they've lived through it. Good luck and feel free to message me if you want more information.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    S dawg!! I had one C-section and this belly of mine seems out of control. YOU LOOK GREAT! What did you do as far as ab work?
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am in the process of losing the baby weight. You ladies have done amazing jobs!
  • dmmclean
    Options
    Truly insperational ladies!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm getting close to my weight goal but I have a lot of toning to do.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've lost 28lbs but have a bit more to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!