THE ULTIMATE MOM'S MAKE OVERS! (Post pics)

Options

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Before at 196 pounds just after my 3rd childs 1st birthday
    1919-28-10.png

1 week ago before starting 30DS for the second time. 126 pounds
    IMG_1384746.jpg
  • bella2509
    bella2509 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of a 2 1/2 yr old boy, delivered by C-Section....at heavest after he was born 150lbs, currently 130lbs and goal is to reach 120-125lbs, so not much more weight to loose, but lots and lots of toning up.

Just started 30DS, so will post photos at the end of the month when hopefully I will be near my goal.

Well done ladies, you ALL look amazing!!!!

Claire x
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, the youngest by c-section and he is 10 months old. When I was 2 weeks postpartum with my 2nd child, I was in a bad car wreck and put on strict limitation (wasn't even allowed to carry her.) I went through 4+ years of chronic spine pain and extremely limited activity. I had major spine surgery, then went on to have one more baby! If I can do this, anyone can. I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 140. I used my starting weight on MFP as my weight from my 6 week postpartum check up, as I had lost the baby weight that comes off easy (I actually gained 8 lbs back in my postpartum period.) If you would like a more detailed account of what I did, I have an entire write up email (with lots of pictures) I can send you, just message me your email address.

Thanks very much for the info. The website is very helpful. I def need more info on my condition, my doctors treat me as if its no big and me being upset about it is an over reaction.
    Thanks Again you've come a long way, awesome job.

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/WeightFeb12001-1.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/jbekme/Weight Loss/Weight2Feb001.jpg[/img]

What an great job. I am battling spine problems my self and am in alot of pain all the time. I have two ruptured discs a bone spur on one of them and a cracked spine. I used to run and exericse all the time but now I hurt and I'm kinda scared to do anything that might cause more pain. If you wouldnt mind sharing with me what you did I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,
    Angie

Angie,
    I went through 3 years of conservative therapy trying everything under the sun. This is my signature, of all the treatments I've done, from the spine forum I'm on: 31 years old- 1/06- In wreck with 18 wheeler at 25 years old; 6/06- Head on collision on Interstate, both wrecks other drivers fault. Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc at 29 years old. Pain and medication free as of October 2010!Mommy to Emma- 8 years, Ava- 6 years & had baby Eli after ADR, via c-section on March 25, 2011 , completely pain free still! Here's a link to my post surgery story.... it's long. http://www.spinepatientsociety.org/forum/surgical-outcomes/l4-l5-active-l-3-17-09-dr-rolando-garcia-87/

Long story short, lots of treatments and nothing worked. By the time I went in for surgery there was nothing else left to try. Doctors had told me I needed chronic pain management and would never be out of pain, work again or function normally again. I then found out about the surgery I had, began research and figured it was worth a shot. I had 3 herniations in my discs (L3/4, L4/5 and L5/S1). My L4/5 was ripped in half and dead (black, not full of fluid like a healthy disc.) My L4/5 had degenerative disc disease, which basically means it's shot, arthritic and so on. I only had that level operated on, as the surgeon believed that it was my pain generator (luckily he was right!) They went in through my stomach, to my spine, removed the entire old disc, smoothed the bone and put in an implant (two pieces of metal with a polyurethane core.) It was 18 months of healing and the pain got worse before it got better. I was couch bound for awhile... that's how I found out that you could lose weight with diet and no exercise (not that it's a good idea, but if you are physically unable to exercise or it makes it worse, then it's not worth it.) I hated when I would do something and then have to 'pay for it' for days with extra pain. I still have the 2 herniations above and below my surgery level, bone spurs and arthritis, but it's nothing compared to where I've been. I had my baby after surgery and it was the easiest pregnancy of all, first c-section and it was cake, apparently being in chronic pain gives you a high pain tolerance. Check out spinepatientsociety.org for more information and lots of knowledgeable people who are going through the same thing as you. No one can truly get what it's like to live in chronic pain, unless they've lived through it. Good luck and feel free to message me if you want more information.
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    would love to post some before and after pics but I dont know how to :(
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Wow!! What an amazing transformation! You look fantastic.
  • mjshorty5
    Options
    I just did mine, too! hahaha

2 c-sections, 34 yrs old, 5ft 4.5inches tall, heaviest: 197(ish) lbs today: 146.2 lbs

BeforetoFeb.jpg

BeforetoFebside.jpg

OMG sooooooooo inspiring! This is EXACTLY where I WILL be!!!

you have no idea how insipring this is. As a mom with two C-sections that looks more like your first photo I am given hope.
  • AngieMoore1975
    Options
    260-2.jpg

At my heaviest I was 243. In the after pic I am 195 but since that pic was taken I have lost an additional 18 lbs.
  • AngieMoore1975
    Options
    260-2-1.jpg

fixed the picture size. A picture of me with my Dad and sister.
    At my heaviest I was 243. In the after pic I am 195 but since that pic was taken I have lost an additional 18 lbs.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
    I love these posts!!
    All of you ladies are beautiful!!!
    Thanks for being such inspirations!
  • jessica7368
    jessica7368 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections, 33lbs lost so far SW 180, CW 147, Hoping to loose another 20lbs yet! 5 feet tall
    side180vs147v2.jpg
    front180vs147v2.jpg
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Wow there are truly inspiring transformations here!! Congratulations to all those who have posted.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    "At my heaviest I was 243. In the after pic I am 195 but since that pic was taken I have lost an additional 18 lbs."

You have done an awesome job, and congratulations on the weightloss. But may I just say, you are gorgeous in all of these pics. Your eyes are beautiful! I might be just a wee bit jealous :-)
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!! I can't wait til I can participate :)

I've had a c/s and a VBAC plus gallbladder surgery, and I'm so nervous about never losing that belly flap that hangs over my scar!

I had a c/s , 2 VBAC's, and then SURPRISE when my youngest daughter was 9, another c/s.........my biggest fear is that after I've lost my weight that I still have that extra belly hanging over---I'm having a going away party if it is ever gone! I just won't serve cake! Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures, they are such an inspiration!
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, mother of 5, ages 11, 10, 7, 5, and 2. First pic I was around 175, last pic is of me at 136 lbs. I am 5'8. MFP and Turbofire worked wonders. Still working on the mummy tummy, and am on my second round of Turbofire.

beforeafter1.jpg
    day1hubby.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg
  • hkrl
    hkrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump! Way to go moms!
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    AWesome jobs moms!!! :drinker:
  • livymom09
    livymom09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! This is amazing! What an amazing job Mommas!!!
  • JohnFlevarakis
    Options
    I just did mine, too! hahaha

2 c-sections, 34 yrs old, 5ft 4.5inches tall, heaviest: 197(ish) lbs today: 146.2 lbs

BeforetoFeb.jpg

BeforetoFebside.jpg

Looking good!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great inspiring stories and photos. I am a Mom of 4 ages 8-17 (2 births, 2 steps that live with us). Just started and I can't wait until I can post my pics here. You all look amazing!

*I want a flat tummy too!*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!