19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Options

Replies

• jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific kind of cake mix to use? I just bought Duncan Hines and it's 160 for 1/12 of a package (makes 12). That is nowhere near 19 cals, lol. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • johncarocci
    Options
    The math isn't adding up here. There are 2000+ calories in a box of cake mix, so for these to be 19 calories you'd have to get well over 100 cupcakes from one batch of cake mix.
  • taratasker
    Options
    Yum !
    I will be making these tomorrow , thanks for the share :)
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The math isn't adding up here. There are 2000+ calories in a box of cake mix, so for these to be 19 calories you'd have to get well over 100 cupcakes from one batch of cake mix.

She made MINI cupcakes. She noted in a post later on that if you make 24 regular sized cupcakes its about 90 calories per cupcake.
  • johncarocci
    Options
    Yes, I get that... but that still means you'd need to get 115 or so mini cupcakes from a batch of cake mix. That's TINY.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Shut the front door! 19 cal. I am so excited. I love you for sharing this. I am making these tomorrow. I'm excited. Thanks!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Are you sure? Don't the calories on the box include the eggs and oil you would normally add?
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

She made MINI cupcakes. She noted in a post later on that if you make 24 regular sized cupcakes its about 90 calories per cupcake.

The box of Funfetti, just the mix without eggs/oil is 180 calories per serving and the box has a total of 12 servings=12x180=2160. she made 48 mini cupcakes. So the total calories for just the box mixture is 2160/48=45 calories per cupcake. Even if there are miniscule size cupcakes and divide the 45 by 2, then I get 22.5 calories for miniscule cupcakes.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't get how they are only 19 calories. Really? You are using a box of cake mix.....there's gotta be more than 19 cals in one.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    they look soo good, i :heart: cupcakes. even if they're 45 calories that's still good low calorie recipe.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

The box of Funfetti, just the mix without eggs/oil is 180 calories per serving and the box has a total of 12 servings=12x180=2160. she made 48 mini cupcakes. So the total calories for just the box mixture is 2160/48=45 calories per cupcake. Even if there are miniscule size cupcakes and divide the 45 by 2, then I get 22.5 calories for miniscule cupcakes.

thank you! I wasn't understanding either.
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump for later, maybe make them for Easter
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    These super low calorie things NEVER turn out to actually be the calories they're claimed to be. Ever.

These are in no way 19 calories.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    CUPCAKES :)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am so making these! Thanks for the post :smile:
  • pbamerson
    pbamerson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Not to belabor the point, but I have both sizes of cupcake tins. One regular size cupcake is equal to 4 mini cupcakes (I measured to make sure I wasn't mis-speaking). That means the box makes approximately 96 mini cupcakes, each with just under 23 calories. I realize that precision is important in counting calories but it is only a 4 calorie difference. And yes, they are indeed miniscule.