19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may be a stupid question but how much does the final product taste like the soda you used?

not at all. You can also bake it in a 9 x 13 pan. There are recipes that call for adding frozen unsweetened berries to the pan and then pouring the batter over the top. THAT is pretty rockin good!
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific kind of cake mix to use? I just bought Duncan Hines and it's 160 for 1/12 of a package (makes 12). That is nowhere near 19 cals, lol. Any suggestions? Thanks!

That 1/12 refers to the number of servings in a cake. IIRC, a standard box of cake mix makes 24 cupcakes. So the OP's soda cupcakes use half the amount of mix as a standard cupcake.
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These sound great...so many possibilities. I've been wanting to experiment with low calorie baking. Thanks for posting this recipe! One question though...I saw that you mentioned that if you make a batch of 48 mini cupcakes, they are 19 calories each and if you make a batch of 24 regular sized cupcakes, they are about 90 calories. Do you use the same amount of batter to make both batches? And, if so, wouldn't the larger cupcakes be under 40 calories? I'm just wondering...and hoping for a lower calorie count on the larger cupcakes. LOL
  • ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe I can't wait to try them.
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The math isn't adding up here. There are 2000+ calories in a box of cake mix, so for these to be 19 calories you'd have to get well over 100 cupcakes from one batch of cake mix.

She made MINI cupcakes. She noted in a post later on that if you make 24 regular sized cupcakes its about 90 calories per cupcake.

The box of Funfetti, just the mix without eggs/oil is 180 calories per serving and the box has a total of 12 servings=12x180=2160. she made 48 mini cupcakes. So the total calories for just the box mixture is 2160/48=45 calories per cupcake. Even if there are miniscule size cupcakes and divide the 45 by 2, then I get 22.5 calories for miniscule cupcakes.

Not to belabor the point, but I have both sizes of cupcake tins. One regular size cupcake is equal to 4 mini cupcakes (I measured to make sure I wasn't mis-speaking). That means the box makes approximately 96 mini cupcakes, each with just under 23 calories. I realize that precision is important in counting calories but it is only a 4 calorie difference. And yes, they are indeed miniscule.

Thanks for addressing this. I was wondering about that too. Guess I didn"t realize how "mini" mini cupcakes are. Haha. :laugh:
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    you can do something similar with a Devil's Food Cake Mix and a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm not sure on the calories but it was a Weight Watcher recipe my sister gave me once.
  • ferrahcn
    ferrahcn Posts: 65
    Options
    bump
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump bump bump
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    bump just incase I didn't bump before