19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Options

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I did butter pecan cake mix with diet ginger ale. YUM. I did the regular sized cupcakes and they ended up with 89 calories each.
  • Spudley64
    Spudley64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • gillpolard
    Options
    I've heard of this before but I thought that diet soda had all that aspartame poison in it. That stuff is way worse that regular sugar.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet soda - but I did make these. I think there's a difference in the amount consumed. Some people drink multiple diet sodas every day. This equates to less than 1 oz of soda per cupcake. I'll probably eat one today, one tomorrow, and be done with it.
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    Bump!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So.. just curious...
    If I were to use sparkling water and stevia, would they bake up just the same? Or is there a special ingredient in diet soda that does it?
  • cindysess
    cindysess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do you think these would turn out alright if i used a sugar-free cake mix? Would be even less calories.
  • Mich1105
    Mich1105 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    So.. just curious...
    If I were to use sparkling water and stevia, would they bake up just the same? Or is there a special ingredient in diet soda that does it?

I love this post and the above question too. I plan on trying this recipe with lemon/lime flavored seltzer and no stevia. Should be sweet enough with the funfetti batter.
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump have to try ten
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    Brilliant thanks!! Off to try now. Bought co-op cake mix to give them a go x
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    WORRIED!!!!! Just made them (37 cals each). Tried one and now one side of my mouth is tingly and a bit metallic. Is this normal?!!!?
  • KristenEvans77
    KristenEvans77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is great and I cannot wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe and pictures!
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    Ok, I've calmed down now.

I made them with chocolate cake mix and diet cherry coke. Can no longer taste anything remotely chocolatey, now very cherry coke flavoured with that distinctive diet coke after taste.

Think next time, I will try a different cake mix with a more neutral drink like diet lemonade. :)
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!

Does this work with brownies? If so, please message me. (I'm bad about not return to topics.)
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This sounds horrible. I'd rather have a delicious homemade cupcake with real butter, eggs, sugar, etc. I don't care if one had 300 calories, I'll make room for a GOOD, quality treat now and then.

I totally get that.
    However, some others may not have that kind of control, so it's a good option instead of going over calories.
    And for people like me that currently aren't allowed eggs, milk, or wheat... it's a nice treat since although I would LOVE a real cupcake, I cannot have the real thing,(unless I want to bust out in hives everywhere).

There are plenty of gluten, dairy and egg free recipes. In fact, there's a cooking blog written by mom whose kids have those exact dietary restrictions. I make eggless cakes all the time because a friend's daughter has an egg allergy.

There are better alternatives to foods made with gross chemical ingredients.

No one is forcing you to eat them.
  • Lbrobt
    Lbrobt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Made these about an hour after i read the recipe using Diet Dr Pepper and choc cake....unreal that they are only 19 calories...and they taste great...dont even bother with the frosting....basically a WHOLE cake is only 240 calories....for a WHOLE CAKE....not that i recommend it, but if you need to indulge one day...
    Thanks for finding this again...easy to make and well worth it..
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    bump