bump!!!

sounds great and super easy!!
  • MissMizzy
    Options
    bump
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use diet Pepsi in the chocolate and diet 7-up in the white cake mix ... No pop taste at all ... Yum !!!
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can make these later!!! With 2 egg whites :-)
  • Kanie1980
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/12/diet-soda-cake-35-pts.html

I'm really curious about this - I'm having a party on Friday night and think I'll give them a go for the girls! Canny beat a cheat cake!

Lxx

Exatly, 2 WW pts, the OP is quite off about cals. A box of cake mix is about 140 cals per 1/12 so a regular batch makes about 20, lets say 24 small ones to be easy mathematically and then x2 for mini's, that’s 35 cals each, double what the op said plus, 1 mini cupcake sounds like a hard # to stop on. I've never experienced cravings so I'd say ditch the whole thing. It’s either a splurge day due to hard-core working out or its nothing but hey, soda cake is always an option it’s just "no big deal" (say that like Hanover guy, ha ha!)

To be fair, there's no way I could stop at a mini - so I counted them as 50 cals each. I ended up with so many, I had to take some to my mum! She had no idea how they were made - still loved them!
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sounds good :D
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump for sure! I saw the recipe on www.skinnytaste.com but haven't tried it yet. Guess what I'll be making for dessert this weekend!
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! I tried them today. They are delicious and addictive!!! Thanks so much!!!
  • sweetmspea
    Options
    Bump....I'm am going to make some this weekend!!!!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I always make Diet Coke cake using chocolate cake mix and 12 oz. can of Coke. Then before serving you can spread with cool whip (your choices whether its regular or fat free). I have also made a yellow cake mix with sprite, pierced the cake overall with a fork and spooned sugar free jello over the top and refrigerate. Before serving spread cool whip on top. Everyone loves that one in the summer.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Need to use this recipe
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump....wanna try these out.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    how much diet soda do you use to make this?
    i would love to try it!
    i need something besides the original cake mix!
    =]
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    how much diet soda do you use to make this?
    i would love to try it!
    i need something besides the original cake mix!
    =]
    one can of diet coke for the standard size cake box :)
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just made them and they're very good! Very moist which I really like. I used yellow mix and diet mountain dew. i wanted to use diet sprite/sierra mist but couldn't find any. I'm sure they have it at walmart so I'll have to look next time. My box was 1600 calories and I made regular cupcakes, so 1600 divided by 24 comes out to about 67 calories per cupcake.
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Interesting!
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump