so i can try these tomorrow!
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OMG......HELLA GOOD!!!!!! I barely made these today and were so good. Thank you for the recipe!!!!
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can anyone help me figure the calories on this: I used a box of morrisons lemon drizzle mix plus 12oz diet lemonade. The box says 288cal per 1/8 of the box prepared (inc. lemon buttercream filling and lemon drizzle top, neither which I'm doing). I made mine into 18 cupcakes. Is there any way to figure the cals on this?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump! Nyom
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    After reading this post a week ago I followed the reciepe on http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/12/diet-soda-cake-35-pts.html
    THEY ARE REALLY GOOD. I only baked 24 mini cupcake (so I wouldn't eat them all) the batter should stay good in the fridge/freezer.
    I used:
    Funfetti cake mix
    2 egg whites
    10 oz of sprite zero

I bought fat free cream cheese in case they needed icing, but I like just the cupcake by itself.

o6emnb.jpg
  • deedeeb1993
    deedeeb1993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used a pillsbury strawberry cake mix and sprite zero. I made normal size cupcakes and it came to 19 cupcakes. According to the recipe builder on this site mine came to 107 calories each.
    They were yummy!! I will definitely make again.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • SPH1973
    Options
    Im making these now... thx for the recipe!! I can smell them already!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We had a party at work today and I decided to bring my fav... DIET SODA CUPCAKES! here are the pictures from what they looked like! I didn't tell everyone what they were until after they tried them... A few people were like shut up and others were like IT TASTED DIFFERENT after their 3 one HA HA! I made 48 and almost all were gone... they are actually 19 calories a peice because I USED ONE BOX OF CAKE MIX AND A ABOUT 14 OZ of soda! I even topped them with whipped cream! 15 cal for 2 tbs. :-)

1 box of cake mix (I normally use Funnetti it has the sprinkles in it)
    1 can of soda (I use about 14 or 16 oz so I buy a 2 liter sprite zero)
    Mini cupcake paper
    and butter spray

add the sprite or your drink of choice to the cake mix and mix well... spoon the mixture into your mini cupcake sheets that you have sprayed with the buter spray and bake.
    I spray the cupcake paper so the cup cake won't fall apart.

I can't ever seem to to get an exact cooking time down because it cooks kinda fast. I just know when I'm able to submerge a toothpick in the cupcakes and it comes out without anything on there they're ready :)

Wait so how much sprite zero do you mix into the entire cake mix?? Could you also use this to make just a general cake?
  • krisotis
    krisotis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    IF i figured correctly i figure about 128 calories per cupcake
    i did calories per serving x8 (i assuming the 1/8 means one of 8 servings) and divided by your number of cupcakes
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i live in the UK, what cake mix can i use to make these?
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    most store bought cake mixes have trans fat in them which I don't eat - also, any "mini" cupcake will be low calorie. I am not impressed.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ok so i made cupcakes with butter cake mix and diet coke......umm, wasn't very tasty until i put icing on it....did I do something wrong??
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump