Poll: Is it Rude to Question the Waiter When Out To Lunch Wi

Options
1235»

Replies

• Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Responsible!! That's actually few questions, I have been to meals where people ask A LOT more questions than that! You want to know about what you are paying for and putting in your body!
  • joeandkara01
    Options
    Responsible, I think in todays world the waiters and waitresses should be used to it with all the people on special diets and making healthier life choices.

I am the same way, very picky. I ordered a grilled chicken wrap with the dressing on the side so I would know how much dressing to documet for the meal. They put the dressing on the wrap, I sent it back.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't even know why they thought it was rude?? That is responsible! As long as you didn't say it in a rude way then I don't see the problem!
  • NalasMama
    Options
    VERY RESPONSIBLE!!!! You are the one putting the food into your mouth not your friends. I have horrible food allergies and stopped eating out because I feel like a drill sergeant asking 101 questions but at least my friends understood. What people don't realize is that many individuals have a different lifestyle than they do and just because they are willing to eat ANYTHING doesn't mean that you are. If it doesn't state on the menu then you have the right to ask as many questions as you need to ask. Besides, with the prices of dining out these days and the fact that you're trying to eat a healthy meal you have the more than the right. If anything, I may have replied to my friend, "If I am paying for the food, and since I've chose to life a healthy lifestyle, I deserve to ask and even more so... besides the server's are trained to receive these type of question and should know." Your friend was extremely rude for asking you that question and just because she chooses to eat whatever is put in front of her, you are not! I doubt very seriously that I would dine out with that group again.
  • beckie4442
    Options
    Responsible!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I usually only ask about foods as I have an allergy to onions and have had to trash my food for not asking beforehand. Otherwise, I don't really ask since when Im out for lunch, I use that as my "I don't care meal" and usually order something I normally wouldn't make at home. For example, tonight we went to a restaurant for Valentines and I had a half rack of honey BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, corn and a salad with ranch dressing and came with a nice big buttery croissant. I wouldn't usually eat that at home but I like to splurge once in a while.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    love the "I don't care" meal idea!