Bring IT! Part IIII: Team No Excuses in April

Options

Replies

• osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    mya - you are doing so great! Impressive progress, I hope you are PROUD!

I haven't been on much, too busy focussing on my new obsession...... running! I finished the C25K and have caught the bug well and truly. I have a 5k race in a few weeks too. Motivation! I'm still doing well, no issues over Easter despite the house STILL being full of the kids chocolate... sigh. I've hit 15kg lost which feels great (I think that's 33lbs).

meisje - way to go in your race :) Did you go out with a plan at all to improve your time? I haven't been able to do any practice 5kms under 42mins :( I really really want to get under 40mins in my race, but realistically I don't think that's going to be possible.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Woot congrats on the weight loss OSM!!!.....Meisje I hate eating out as well because the choices are limited and everything is laced in carbs or sodium blah blah...i rarely eat out anymore and if i have to i stick to veggies and look like a ding dong while everyone else is scarfing down full plates haha...my dad took us to a chinese buffett and well he paid 13bucks for me to eat 3 pieces of shrimp and 4 slices of cucumbers and 1 slice of pineapple abd water to drink....it was such a waste...1. the food was gross ..now that i value what i put into my body my stomach has become really weak..and 99% of everything was in a sauce of fried...the only thing that looked decent was the crab legs HOWEVER ..everyine was in animal mode when getting them and they were covered in old bay seasoning..blah!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You're doing so good Mya! Love the new do!
    Meisje- Just hang in there & enjoy. This celebration week with family & friends will never happen again.:wink:
    Osmium- good for you!
    :flowerforyou:
    I've decided to get over my "recuperation" & just bring it! This past week cost me a pound & a half, but I'm not going to change my ticker. I'm going to make it go away & take some buddies by working extra hard this weekend to make up for all that gooey soft food. :grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I DID IT!! I JOGGED!! 1 FULL MILE!!!! AND WALKED 2 MILES WOOT WOOT!!!:drinker: and I did it at 5:30am!!..you can do it Georg Bring IT!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Good Morning Bring it team!!! Im off to attempt another jog today....woot woot and my weigh in is 204 so thats two pounds yeehaw!! I also found one of my good friend i used to go to the gym with before i moved away ..we always joke that its her fat friend that drags her skinny butt to the gym hahahh....im always pushing her to come..so now she has promised to work out with me daily starting wednesday at 5am ..and we are looking into joining a 24hr gym...:drinker:
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    mya, i can't believe you RAN! you have no idea how proud of you i am!!! it is such a good feeling and that soreness in your hips and thighs??? so awesome! great job!
    i have done next to nothing this week except run around and stress. i am currently online getting up to th minute updates on incoming family members' flights! have a great week and keep it up!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    your busy busy.....ill do some extra jogging for ya LOL
  • Georg
    Options
    Good job!
    We're all off to a great start to our week!
    I burned over 900 calories today!
    :bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    900 Your a rockstar Georg!!
    Well I started my day with my 4mile intervals of joging and walking...before i headed out i had one slice of SF banana bread and a swig of tea...for lunch i had rotelle and veggies...im having tea again now and will have black beans and chicken for dinner.....i wish everyone much success
  • Georg
    Options
    mya- You're doing sooo good!
    You're going to break 200 any minute!
    I can just tell!
  • Georg
    Options
    wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!
    Another good workout day!
    Didja bring it?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    of course I BROUGHT it!! hehe I hope everyone else did as well..I got up at 5am!! and walked with my friend 2.6 miles then I went home and did my jogging intervals for 2.4miles...Friday Im going to try to do my normal intervals of 4.8miles added onto the 2.6 I do with my friend...this should be a good kick in the rear....i had 2 egg whites,3 scallions and a can of tuna for B fast ....im really buckling down on carbs and anything I eat that cant be totally measured...
  • Georg
    Options
    That's great!
    You're the incredible shrinking woman!!!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Good Morning Bring It Bunch!!!
    I headed out today and got in 2.4 miles intervals at 6am...I am going to get in more later this evening ..I had 1/4 cup raisins,1 tbsp peanut butter,5 saltines for breakfast....
  • Georg
    Options
    mya-
    You are wasting away, girl! :flowerforyou:
    I'm pretty excited. At the gym today I only lost a pound in the past month, but...
    For the past 4 days I have burned 940-1100 calories each day!
    wahooooooo!!!!!!!
    So I know next month will be better!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    mya-
    You are wasting away, girl! :flowerforyou:
    I'm pretty excited. At the gym today I only lost a pound in the past month, but...
    For the past 4 days I have burned 940-1100 calories each day!
    wahooooooo!!!!!!!
    So I know next month will be better!
    hey georg a pound is a pound and your ticker is almost at the halfway point WTG!!!!!! today i woke late for my morning excercise however we will be doing them this evening Im shooting for 7 miles today so im gonna get dressed and head out for 4miles before my evening workout heheh
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! SOrry I have been so MIA lately. I am just running around like CRAZY! It is the end of semester so all I am doing is projects, projects, projects! It is so hard when each class has a project and a lot of them are group projects and everyone has different schedules within the different groups. UGH! I have had no time for anything but school. So, one more week and then a week of finals. I cannot wait!

SO, I have to admit that exercise has tanked since I have no time. Because of this I have made sure to do extra well with eating and not stress eating! My hubby has been gone all week TDY (He is with the Air Force) and I hae just made two different meals to eat all week. Luckily I like things to stay the same so I made spaghetti and meatballs for my lunches and it is made with spaghetti squash instead of noodles and ground turkey for the meatballs and an all tomato sauce.

For dinner I made a spinach and mushroom lasagna with whole wheat noodles and low fat ricotta. It is very good if anyone wants the recipe I use. It is from eatingwell.com, but on the food network. LOL. I have been eating fresh strawberries and grapes with whole wheat toast for breakfast and then a salad with cucumbers usually as a snack or with dinner. For a snack...if I really need one, I have been having Sugar free jello with free cool whip.. so yummy to me.

I am so proud of you two ladies that I see have been keeping this thread going! Keep up the fabulous job and I will be back here as much as I can. I am getting to the end of my degree (I will be a teacher) and it is nothing but projects in the end. Very time consuming projects.

Have a great day everyone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hey Jess! glad to see your back!!! dont stress out relax we will be here when you have time!!!
    Today I stuck to my allotted calories 1343..and did 4.8 miles of walking ..tomorrow morning is interval jogging.....
  • Georg
    Options
    wahoooo!!!!
    Good for you!
    I was going to take today off working out.
    But...
    DH got home late, was just sitting here, thinking about grilling dinner, thinking about snacking, wishing for a glass of wine, checking & finding only 115 calories left after logging dinner...
    so
    I went &
    burned 700 calories on the bike!
    Got out of the kitchen. took a shower, dinner's almost ready!
    :drinker:
    Happy Friday night!
    Bring it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    wtg georg!!. I did 4.8 miles with intervals of jogging today...gawd im pooped...:drinker: I will be here bringing it tomorrow