Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm on a mission to lose 30 pounds in 90 days - who's with me?!

Day 1 starts tomorrow, Monday, April 13th. We'll weight in and record our starting weights and will then weigh in each Monday after that to record our progress. Not only will we concentrate on losing weight, we will work to support each other on our journey to health. We'll share tips, recipes, and motivate each other to give it our all.

To start off, here are some things to think about to set yourself up to succeed:

Eat "Clean"
The most important thing about staying healthy is to eat wholesome foods that I call "clean." These are unprocessed foods. Read the labels on your food. If there are all kinds of ingredients listed that your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food, then don't eat it. Fast foods and processed foods are loaded with hidden sugars and fats. Treat your body right and give it the kind of wholesome energy it needs to be healthy.

Plan Ahead
The most important thing you can do to lose weight is spend time planning what you are going to eat. Eating clean means you'll be doing a lot of your own meal preparation, because processed foods are full of ingredients that will undermine your progress, even if they are labeled as "diet" or "low calorie" or "low fat." Be in control of your food. If you have time to get a manicure, then you have time to grocery shop or prepare food. Each evening, prepare your lunch and snacks for the next day. If you get to a meal time and don't know what you're planning to eat, you are more likely to go off the plan and eat something convenient that is full of calories, fat and sugar. Take time for yourself. Make yourself and your food a priority. Plan ahead. It's the only way to make sure you stick to your diet.

30 pounds in 90 days - we can do it!!!

Replies

• jawalsh1
    jawalsh1 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm on a mission to lose 30 pounds in 90 days - who's with me?!

Day 1 starts tomorrow, Monday, April 13th. We'll weight in and record our starting weights and will then weigh in each Monday after that to record our progress. Not only will we concentrate on losing weight, we will work to support each other on our journey to health. We'll share tips, recipes, and motivate each other to give it our all.

To start off, here are some things to think about to set yourself up to succeed:

Eat "Clean"
    The most important thing about staying healthy is to eat wholesome foods that I call "clean." These are unprocessed foods. Read the labels on your food. If there are all kinds of ingredients listed that your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food, then don't eat it. Fast foods and processed foods are loaded with hidden sugars and fats. Treat your body right and give it the kind of wholesome energy it needs to be healthy.

Plan Ahead
    The most important thing you can do to lose weight is spend time planning what you are going to eat. Eating clean means you'll be doing a lot of your own meal preparation, because processed foods are full of ingredients that will undermine your progress, even if they are labeled as "diet" or "low calorie" or "low fat." Be in control of your food. If you have time to get a manicure, then you have time to grocery shop or prepare food. Each evening, prepare your lunch and snacks for the next day. If you get to a meal time and don't know what you're planning to eat, you are more likely to go off the plan and eat something convenient that is full of calories, fat and sugar. Take time for yourself. Make yourself and your food a priority. Plan ahead. It's the only way to make sure you stick to your diet.

30 pounds in 90 days - we can do it!!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    eek! I have just under 30 pounds to go... but I'll give this a try. i'm not in the position for clean eating, but i'll eat as healthy as possible and go to the gym as much as i can. in almost exactly three months i'm leaving for vacation - it would be amazing to reach my weight loss goal by then!!!
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am down! Thats how much I need to drop! This photo is of me about two years and forty pounds ago! Would love to have my body back and I hope this is the way to do it! I'm in!
  • AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I work harder when I am accountable to someone!
    This might be just what I need. :smile:
  • jawalsh1
    Options
    Welcome to the Diet Tribe everyone! I work harder when I'm accountable to someone else too, so feel free to kick my butt if I'm slacking! I plan on trying to eat as little processed food as possible and to work out 6 days a week. It will be tough, but I think I can do anything for 90 days. Hopefully by then, all of our efforts of eating right and exercising will have become good habits that will stick with us after the 90 days is up. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun group - I'm a huge fan of message support systems, so if any of you think weekly messaging around the group filled with pats on the back and venting will help keep you on track, then feel free to shoot me a message about ANYTHING.
  • TaylorR
    TaylorR Posts: 10
    Options
    May I join this empowering diet & exercise support group, please?

I need to lose 100 lbs so this would be a great way to kick off my weight loss. It is always good to be accountable to someone other than yourself, especially when starting up after being in a "slump" for a long time. And it's always encouraging to see how others are doing!

Will we be checking in daily or weekly with our weights / accomplishments?

Tess
  • goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if there is still time and space for another? I need to drop right at 30 (40 would be wonderful) to get back to my goal weight. I have done MFP for 1 full week and 3 days. I lost 3 on my first week and I have eat today like I never knew what MFP was. I'm just feeling horrible from all the sugar and carbs I've consumed today. My mother -in- law has left and now I'm going to throw all this food out and begin over with dinner tonight.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group too! Can't wait to help one another with the motivation and support, oh yeah and some butt kicking if necessary! :laugh: Look forward to everyone's achievements.. We are worth it!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm in...30 pounds will take me 100 pounds lost and I am SO looking forward to that milestone...I am so in...
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 30 pounds lost would put me within 5-10 pounds of my ultimate goal and getting that close in the next 90 days would be awesome! It's definitely going to be a challenge but I'm looking forward to it.
  • jawalsh1
    Options
    Great - the more the merrier! Welcome everyone! I would like us to check in for sure every Monday to report our weight loss for the previous week, and how much you would like to post the rest of the week is up to you. I plan on posting daily - it will help keep me on track and keep the 30 pound goal on my mind. If I did the math correctly, I think losing 2.5 pounds a week would get us to our goal.

I would love it if we could all post before and after pictures when the 90 days is over, so think about taking a photo sometime soon if you don't have one already so you'll be able to see your transformation 90 days from tomorrow when you are looking fabulous!

Make sure to weigh yourself tomorrow and let me know your starting point. I think logging every single thing we eat will really help us, so if you want to set a goal for this week besides just losing 2.5 pounds, try logging everything - no cheating! Good luck ladies! We can do this!
  • jawalsh1
    Options
    Okay - Day 1 starts now! I'm starting at 206 - blech! However, I know I will never see that number again, so it's not so bad :) Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    Count me in. That would put me within 13 pounds of my goal weight. I'm also going on vacation in almost exactly 3 months and I would love to be 30 pounds thinner.

Starting weight: 178.0

Good Luck Everyone!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! :smile:
  • goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 197.4. I've had breakfast and I am off to a good start. I'm off work today so that's going to be the challenge. House is clean, kids and hubby are gone. What to do all day???? If it doesn't rain I'll play in the flowerbeds and possibly take a nap. Today will be a challenge.
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    I would LOVE to join! 30 lbs would be AWESOME to lose by the middle of July. Will our final weigh in be July 13th? I'm so excited to do this with everyone. GL...ohh and as soon as the baby wakes up I will go in my bathroom and weigh myself. (even though I don't want to b/c of my horrioble eating weekend)
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm up one lb this morning to 188. So I guess the magic number is 158 by day 90!! I'm so excited!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

My weigh-in for today is 186.8. Heading to the gym this afternoon for a great workout! :glasses:

Here is my "BEFORE" picture. :grumble: I am the one in the middle wearing the brown top. This is the picture that is closest to my weight right now, maybe I'm a few pounds heavier here but my camera isn't working to take me right this moment.

IMG_1395-1.jpg
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    :happy: I am in. Weighed in this morning at 186. Looking forward to a challenge to get me back on track.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too! I am looking forward to getting those last pesky pounds off

Starting weight: 192.5 :(

I slacked off on exercising last week (I was sick and felt like total crap), but at least I didn't gain!