Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options

Replies

• kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi all! I weighed in on Sunday morning and I had lost 2 pounds. Yay! I can do this! My bf (6 yrs) is starting to be a little more supportive of my eating habits. He bought xtra lean burger this evening for tacos - Cinco de Mayo!!! It might not be much, but it was a step in the right direction. He's also started to work out - free weights and gazelle, so that will make it easier if we both have the same mission. It's hard for him though - - I don't think it's because he doesn't want to eat good - but rather his lack of knowledge. I don't want to be the know-it-all either, and totally turn him off. He also suggested getting some "before" pictures taken before I lose a bunch more (faith!!!) weight!
  • kelligirl
    Options
    thanks! I started today and I only have a small headache. I am just a carb junkie. This website helps me see just how much (carbs) I eat vs protein. I hope this diet works, I am really trying to shock my body because I reached a plateau.

151375.png
  • kelligirl
    Options
    thanks! I started today and I only have a small headache. I am just a carb junkie. This website helps me see just how much (carbs) I eat vs protein. I hope this diet works, I am really trying to shock my body because I reached a plateau.
  • kelligirl
    Options

[Not sure what happened but I totally screwed that up and posted a reply twice by accident. Regarding your headaches.... do you eat much processed food? MSG gives me awful headaches so I avoid it like the plague. Following any "diet" is too much work - if I eat "clean" - lots of whole and unprocessed foods, following a balanced protein/lhigh quality-low carb combination at every feeding, I feel good. Feeding: 3 meals and 2 snacks. It's an ideal way to keep your insulin levels even.

Good luck. Headaches are the worst.
  • NickiRae
    NickiRae Posts: 28
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink:

YAYAYAY for you!!! Congrats Sassie

Everybody is doing so great!!!!!!! Summers coming and theres gonna be alot of hot chickies out there!

So I have been doing so good I thought I would treat myself with a few chips and some salsa... not a good idea! I have such a sensitive stomach as it is and when I eat healthy for a while then eat like crap my stomach reacts in a bad bad way!

I am never eating crap again! I'm sticking to my 100 calorie snacks and thats it! NO MORE CHIPS AND SALSA. Its a shame too cause I am still under my calories for the day I could have eaten more if I didnt feel like I was dying. Oh well.... hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and not so yucky.

145968.png
    Online Calorie Counter

event.png
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options

[Not sure what happened but I totally screwed that up and posted a reply twice by accident. Regarding your headaches.... do you eat much processed food? MSG gives me awful headaches so I avoid it like the plague. Following any "diet" is too much work - if I eat "clean" - lots of whole and unprocessed foods, following a balanced protein/lhigh quality-low carb combination at every feeding, I feel good. Feeding: 3 meals and 2 snacks. It's an ideal way to keep your insulin levels even.

Good luck. Headaches are the worst.

No I don't eat much processed foods ....as a matter of fact hardly none. I do fall of the wagon at times and eat peppermint patties (my favorite :ohwell: ) but every time I restrict myself of carbs or try to cleanse or anything of the sort, I get the worst headaches. I eat 6 times a day. I want to follow a high protein, low carb diet and right now I am at a plateau. I think you are right, I think I will just stick to eating right instead of restricting myself.
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am in and plan to get serious with myself and my kids...One meal for family and one wholesome meal for me...I eat the lean meats over a salad and lots of fruit. Hey did you know that brocolli is best microwaved not fresh or steamed? Fresh can cause problems with your thyroid..

Please tell me your eating secrets to get healthy. Mine is stay active with my new puppy 1.5 mile jog and then 100 situps...Leg extensions 3 sets of 15 for those curvy quads and bench 3 sets of 15 maybe 60-70 lbs to start toning those deltoids and tricep curls if I have time...Any tips not to eat at night my toughest time when I get tired...:smile:

\url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]202554.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    4/13/09: 178.0 (starting weight)
    4/20/09: 177.0 (-1.0)
    4/27/09: 177.6 (+ .6)
    5/06/09: 174.8 (-2.8)
    5/11/09:
    5/18/09:
    5/25/09:
    6/01/09:
    6/08/09:
    6/15/09:
    6/22/09:
    6/29/09:
    7/06/09:
    Final weigh in 7/12/09:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Getting the family on board for health eating can be hard but it is so worth it for its health benefits to all involved. I now have replaced hamburger with lean turkey meat for everything except acutal hamburgers on buns. That is step one with my family healthier meat choices. They now think Turkey Tacos are better than hamburger Tacos. I also only buy WHole wheat bread products and pasta. Next step more fruits....we planted 8 blueberry plants. Maybe growing them ourselves will motivate the kids to eat more.

Garden goes in this weekend
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I remember when I did low carb about 4 years ago, it was tough at first because of the headaches and not being to eat all those carbs we usually do. I did it for 4 months and lost 35lbs but then stopped and you guessed it gained it all back.... I wish you lots of luck on it!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I had to tell someone.....I lost another 1 pound today!!! 229!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the sassie dance do the sassie dance - YAY!!!!!!
    thyougogirl.gif

Dance.gif
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Not so good this week gained 2 pounds back. I'm at 194. I had a cold this past week and TOM is on the way. Better weight loss this week I hope. Have a blessed week.:happy:

87319159.gif

Don't worry about the weight gain, this is a new day... You can do it!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins and had that problem also. I did not gain back but when I went back to allowing carbs my weights loss stalled. I am now doing South Beach and think is will work better because it is not so severe in its limits on carbs. It also shows that some carbs are necessary. Then in phase 2 you start adding back some carbs, but if weight loss stalls or goes up you are told to back off on the carbs you added. After reading South Beach I think this is a program I can do the rest of my life. I never felt that with Atkins, I was using it to get my weight loss off the ground.:smile:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Hey everybody!
    Just checking in for the first time. Today I burned 850-yes, 850 calories!!!! doing Zumba then Yoga,
    so i made Indian food, and am still within my calories. Hooray for exercise calories!
    5/5 143.5.......The 130's are so close, I can taste them, metaphorically of course....

Awesome job on burning those calories miss thang! :bigsmile:

keepitupbama.gif
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Hi all! I weighed in on Sunday morning and I had lost 2 pounds. Yay! I can do this! My bf (6 yrs) is starting to be a little more supportive of my eating habits. He bought xtra lean burger this evening for tacos - Cinco de Mayo!!! It might not be much, but it was a step in the right direction. He's also started to work out - free weights and gazelle, so that will make it easier if we both have the same mission. It's hard for him though - - I don't think it's because he doesn't want to eat good - but rather his lack of knowledge. I don't want to be the know-it-all either, and totally turn him off. He also suggested getting some "before" pictures taken before I lose a bunch more (faith!!!) weight!

WTG girl! :drinker: cid_0b1a01c71a74abdffc2064effea9YOU.gif
  • Brandiann
    Options
    4/13/09: 178.0 (starting weight)
    4/20/09: 177.0 (-1.0)
    4/27/09: 177.6 (+ .6)
    5/06/09: 174.8 (-2.8)

Hi miss! :flowerforyou: Your doing great, I'm so proud!
    thGreatJobsmiley.gif
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Getting the family on board for health eating can be hard but it is so worth it for its health benefits to all involved. I now have replaced hamburger with lean turkey meat for everything except acutal hamburgers on buns. That is step one with my family healthier meat choices. They now think Turkey Tacos are better than hamburger Tacos. I also only buy WHole wheat bread products and pasta. Next step more fruits....we planted 8 blueberry plants. Maybe growing them ourselves will motivate the kids to eat more.

Garden goes in this weekend

Great steps taken on healthier versions! I'm jealous, I wish I can grow blueberry plants too... :ohwell: I guess I just have to keep buying them. :laugh:

blueberries.jpg

I love whole wheat pasta with olive oil, garlic, shrimp and brocolli, so delicious! :heart:
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That pasta sounds sooo good! I haven't had pasta in a while, so many calories.
    I'm trying to get the family eating better also, I think the turkey meat is better also, everyone is doing great! Have a great rest of the week and I'll see everyone Monday! :happy:
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    Thanks Brandiann!!!

I'm hanging in there.

~Becky~
  • natie1971
    natie1971 Posts: 13
    Options
    Is it too late to join your tribe?:bigsmile: