staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Awesome AWESOME AWWWWWWWESOME JOB!!!!
  • kebrina1983
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ritamar
    Options
    That is such an accomplishment and I hope to be as successful as you! :wink:
  • mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are about exactly where I am and trying to get to. I want to lose 110 pounds in a year. My goal weight is 160. I have lost 12 pounds so far and it is definitely hard. Thanks for sharing with us your success story!
    2604pwp.jpg

28u4ehf.jpg

ok, so it was 2 weeks over a year...but i came pretty close lol :wink:

I started MFP on January 24th, 2011 at 5'6" and 282 lbs. 1 year (and 2 weeks) later, I'm weighing in at 182 lbs :drinker:

oh, AND i quit smoking on May 3rd, on my 100th day of MFP! :glasses:

I started off by totally changing my diet and just eating really healthy. I tried to stay away from processed foods and found healthy alternatives for my favorites like bread and pasta...i even found a non dairy ice cream that was 150 calories for an entire PINT! (arctic zero :happy: ) I ate every few hours and averaged around 1650 calories a day. of course, it took me a while to get used to all of this...I'm not gonna lie and tell you it was easy, I would have to say it took me a good 3 months to get into a solid routine where it became "easiER". then, after I lost around 40lbs, I started exercising. Not much, just walking 2 miles a few days a week. Now I walk almost every day. If I don't walk, it's not the end of the world, I just try to stay active, in general.

whenever I started to fall off the wagon, I would watch documentaries about food, like food inc and food matters, ect. They taught me a lot, plus they motivated me to get back to eating healthy and exercising. If I got too stressed out with counting calories and the whole "dieting thing", I would take a day off and eat whatever I wanted, in moderation, of course, and get right back to it the next day. I logged my food almost every day until I lost about 80lbs, and I've gone without logging since then. of course the weight is coming off slowly now, but I'm in no rush. according to all of the "charts", I have another 30lbs to lose before I'm a "normal" weight, but I'm not sure if I want to go that low yet...I'll see once I get closer :smile:

I wish everyone lots of luck on their journey to a healthier lifestyle. stay strong, and "just do it" :happy:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing progress! Congrats on your accomplishments! :)
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! very inspirational - thanks!!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!
  • melanielee86
    melanielee86 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for motivating me to keep on going. I truly needed to read this today, thank YOU! You look absolutely amazing. *hugs*
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    OH my goodness..Honey you look amazing!
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    great results...you look awesome!!!
  • Chinkybrowneyes
    Options
    thats amazing, you look GREAT!!!
  • Danielle_Star
    Options
    So impressed and inspired Keep it up!
  • higgi1982
    Options
    well done you look amazing :smile:
  • amybreckenridge
    Options
    WOW! congratulations, you look so beautiful and healthy! i bet you feel so much better too :) quitting smoking makes a huge difference as well as the eating and exercising! you're an inspiration!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful young lady! You are an inspiration! Good luck on the rest of your journey!!! You look wonderful!
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm pretty much where you were a year ago and you've proved it can be done. I want to be like you!
  • livelovesmile
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Hello Gorgeous! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing and sharing how you did it! Keep up the good work! And I don't think you need to lose 30lbs more, that might be a bit much!:flowerforyou:
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    wow is all I can say, you are a true superhero
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!